No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I think he wants the job. I mean why not? He'd get massive publicity and even if he fails here, he still can go back to Norway or maybe a championship club will go after him. It's almost a win-win regardless of how he does here.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it is that we have told OGS yesterday that if he wants the job he will be offered it when the Norwegian league breaks off for the Euros.

In the meantime, he has to calm the storm which has kicked off at Molde, because he isn't a rocket polisher and he does care about the club; hence the 'preliminary talks' quotes.

Being a linguist myself I know how nuances in suggestion are very difficult to translate, which was shown by the initial press reports following the presser the morning. I'm not complaining because I was able to get money down on OGS at inflated odds that I couldn't have dreamed of yesterday.

I could be completely wrong but I think Randy and Faulkner will have seen the overwhelming fan reaction to the OGS speculation and will want to take full advantage of it given the horrendous PR disaster of the Mcleish appointment.

Having wanted Lambert more than anything at the start of the week I would now be so disappointed if we didn't get him. Call it hype or whatever but OGS seems like he would be the perfect choice for us at this time (and yes I did watch that documentary on him on youtube).

If you are right (and I think there's a chance you could be) when will we find out that OGS has been appointed (if he does get the job)?

At the end of the day if Lerner wants OGS he can afford to get him.

Christ he could pay off OGS's contract, cover the loss of Molde's sponsorship for the next few years and buy them a ship load of beer and still not have spunked as much money away as he has over the last 2 years with compensation to O'Neil, Houllier, McLeish, SHA and all the back room staff associated with the 3 previous managers!

bloody hell, that bbc article has totally changed it's bias, probably after a more complete translation of the PC. much more happy reading now.

looks like the ball is firmly in randy's court now. come on, get him signed.

The BBC have done a complete U-turn. First it was "Solskjaer rules himself out of the Villa job" then it was "Solskjaer will stand by Molde" now it's "Solskjaer will not rule out Villa or "Solskjaer would consider Villa".

**** amateurs.

The BBC football section is appalling, they can't even get the live scores right.

Im with DeepDish on this one, he is waiting for an offer.

Agree.

I really don't see what is to be gained by making OGS languish any longer in Molde.

After going 180 degrees against the wishes of the fans last time, you'd think Randy would go with the popular choice this time. If that's what he plans to do he should bloody well get on with it and stop making OGS look like a mug.

Not my favored choice.

But if he is there is and waiting I think villa should conclude the deal. I think the interview process is very outdated - make your mind up - pursue until you get your man. Hanging around like this runs the risk of making us look a load of arses.........and whats to say with his profile raised another club, WBA, Wigan, Norwich - won't nip in with a firm offer.

Brain Clough used to say when have the player for talks - don't let him leave the room without signing - Randy could do well to heed that advice.

The board are merely going through the motions to make sure everything is above board and showing respect to Molde. It's clear we've had more than informal discussions with him. But after two farces of management, you can't blame for wanting to interview other candidates to see if they share into the new vision Lerner has for the club. OGS is favourite still in my eyes.

At the end of the day if Lerner wants OGS he can afford to get him.

Christ he could pay off OGS's contract, cover the loss of Molde's sponsorship for the next few years and buy them a ship load of beer and still not have spunked as much money away as he has over the last 2 years with compensation to O'Neil, Houllier, McLeish, SHA and all the back room staff associated with the 3 previous managers!

i think we might actually see some kind of agreement regarding younger player loans happening with molde if we get OGS. randy will want to keep any relationship decent id have thought, and it has the added benefit of giving some of our prospects european football to contend with, which they ironically won't get with the first team

The BBC have done a complete U-turn. First it was "Solskjaer rules himself out of the Villa job" then it was "Solskjaer will stand by Molde" now it's "Solskjaer will not rule out Villa or "Solskjaer would consider Villa".

**** amateurs.

This.

Though their misreporting could of just won me another £500 so I'm not angry with them... :)

Im with DeepDish on this one, he is waiting for an offer.

Agree.

I really don't see what is to be gained by making OGS languish any longer in Molde.

After going 180 degrees against the wishes of the fans last time, you'd think Randy would go with the popular choice this time. If that's what he plans to do he should bloody well get on with it and stop making OGS look like a mug.

I think (hope) that we might get a better idea tomorrow - after Molde's match. I think to make it a smooth transition perhaps it is best to let them get these 3 games out of the way so as not to cause too much upset or disruption. Let OGS concentrate on the three games do the best for Molde then join us - the only transfers that can be done are for non contract players - the transfer window does not start till July 1st so plenty of time before players come back for training! and for him to get settled.

Just my take on it - probably totally wrong!

I bet there are a few Villa players looking at this as it develops and wondering whether they still have a future at VP if OSG gets the job.

By all accounts he likes to play passing attacking football and there are a few down at VP who couldn't fit in to this scheme if they tried.

If it ain't hoofball they're ****!

Seems to me the articles in the press come from 2 different statements:-

Last night he said 'its up to Aston Villa if they come back'

But the PC today he said 'I have a 2 year contract with Molde and I stand by that'

theres another article just up on newsnow - which headlines 'i 'd consider viila job' - but i think these quotes come from last night.

I bet there are a few Villa players looking at this as it develops and wondering whether they still have a future at VP if OSG gets the job.

By all accounts he likes to play passing attacking football and there are a few down at VP who couldn't fit in to this scheme if they tried.

If it ain't hoofball they're ****!

Yup I agree. But there's no excuses for the players anymore. They've been shocking for 2 seasons now. If they (Dunne and Collins especially) get all pissy with the way training is or with not being able to wack it then they can simply just go **** themselves. Sick of them to be honest. I'd like it if OGS was to come in, for him to get rid of these players quickly.

But the PC today he said 'I have a 2 year contract with Molde and I stand by that'

theres another article just up on newsnow - which headlines 'i 'd consider viila job' - but i think these quotes come from last night.

They are all from the PC this morning. Read the translation of it. Media outlets have jumped to conclusions without reading the whole translation.

Nah, not so sure about that. The press conference today made me more sure he will want to come to Villa. It calmed me a lot hearing how he answered the questions.

And btw, Molde is making the club look like fools, almost all here in Norway feel they have treated Solskjær badly with blaming him for Røkke pulling out of Aker.