No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I'm more confident of this happening now.

I basically see it as him making his position tenable in Molde should we do something stupid and hire Steve Kean instead. It was a 'come and get me' plea if ever I saw one.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation from VG: "It's up to Villa if there's something more, I can't guarantee that I'll stay if I get an offer. I'm not actively looking for a new job but should the offer arise I will look into it." There's also several articles about Solskjaer probably getting fired now. Well played Randy!

Being like MON makes you popular? Baby Jesus wept. I suppose for most people, MON must be on the cusp of immortality given the way things have gone since.

Translation from VG: "It's up to Villa if there's something more, I can't guarantee that I'll stay if I get an offer. I'm not actively looking for a new job but should the offer arise I will look into it."
If he really said that, then he's ours if we want him.

As I keep on stressing, forget about the rest and just get him Randy.

Someone wrote a comment on the SkySports article saying "We need Lambert, he plays like Martin"

Yea, what a knob head. Why the **** would we want to revert back to that dross.

Exactly. Tight defending, pacy attacking football, top 4 quality star players...

Surely we've grown out of all that by now? :confused:

Haha, the Molde situation is getting ridiculous now.

While Aker (which Røkke owns 65% of) will withdraw its backing (they are paying Solskjær's wages), Røkke har taken a u-turn and will keep supporting Molde privately.

Looks like he has seen how big of a fool he was yesterday.

Reports also says that he was hurt by Ole's actions.

Someone wrote a comment on the SkySports article saying "We need Lambert, he plays like Martin"

Exactly. Tight defending, pacy attacking football, top 4 quality star players...

Maybe we're heading back to that, just in a slightly different way. Does OGS have a fixed first 11 for example? A team that gets picked whether it's out of form or not?

Whilst I'd be happy if Ole came in and he would get my full backing I wouldn't be particularly fussed if it isn't him. The guy has done nothing in terms of managing at anything like this level. If we decide to take a huge gamble on him then all well and good and fingers crossed it comes off as if it doesn't we could well be relegated.

As I have said previously if it gets a bit of a buzz round the place again I am all for that and a feel good factor may lead to us gaining some positive momentum something we haven't had over the last couple of years.

Footballs funny isnt it... what you call "tight defending and pacy attacking football", I call "backs to wall and then hoof and run"...

All just opinions of course!

And an astonishingly badly high wage bill/transfer money spent on dross.

We need to spend cleverly this time. Lets hope Ole will set up a thorough scouting system a la Moyes IF he joins.

Pacey attacking football is a bit far fetched isn't? Either way, that style of football will only get you so far and it would be good try an alternative, rather than revert to a poor man's MON.

What I also find interesting is the potential for Ole to pick up some Scandinavian gems. Players like Markus Henriksen, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen, Valon Berisha, Thomas Drage and Remi Johansen from the Tippeligaen could all be people he may look at as having potential to play his style of football. Chances are they wouldn't cost the world either.

Whilst I'd be happy if Ole came in and he would get my full backing I wouldn't be particularly fussed if it isn't him. The guy has done nothing in terms of managing at anything like this level. If we decide to take a huge gamble on him then all well and good and fingers crossed it comes off as if it doesn't we could well be relegated.

As I have said previously if it gets a bit of a buzz round the place again I am all for that and a feel good factor may lead to us gaining some positive momentum something we haven't had over the last couple of years.

100% agree with this. Not sure why people are desperate for him to come, other than the money they've bet on him of course. If he comes then it will either be billed as a master class decision or a stupid one!

Translation from VG: "It's up to Villa if there's something more, I can't guarantee that I'll stay if I get an offer. I'm not actively looking for a new job but should the offer arise I will look into it." There's also several articles about Solskjaer probably getting fired now. Well played Randy!

They'll probably get a couple of million in compensation if we get him. Whoever wrote an article and posted it saying he might be sacked should be shot for being one of the stupidest people on the planet. Survival of the fittest and all that...

They won't fire him before we've found a new manager as there is every chance they'll get a bumper compensation deal.. There is nothing to stop them sacking him if we don't come in for him, I'd feel awful if that happened.