No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Wow, watching the body language at the PC. Feel OGS might have been forced into that tbh...

Look at the arms folded, looking down, not a happy bunny.

jhakqo.jpg

would you be happy? he was coming over for a discrete chat, everyone found out, their main sponsor pulled out, hes been called illoyal by his own club, he might end up getting fired, without getting the villa job. Hes gotten alot of stick from different directions

id be pretty pissed off if that happened to be honest :)

He was told he can talk to us but they advised against it (I believe?) so, they gave permission and for that reason it is wrong to threaten the removal of the main sponsor, to make out he is not loyal and to make him look a bad person and to then put him in front of cameras about it. They have shown a complete disregard to him over this. Shocking behaviour and he is certainly right to be angry.

Yep, small time stuff from the money men over there....that said, OGS didn't do himself any favors by flying to England without mentioning it to them first. Seems like the whole thing wasn't handled well by most parties involved. Nonetheless, Molde have to know that OGS is ambitious, and that a move back to England was inevitable. Pretty shoddy behavior towards the guy that just won them the league.

I hope Randy tables a fair offer and OGS accepts and signs on the line which is dotted, early next week. I expect this to happen. It seems like his position at Molde is untenable at this point.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His odds went to 10/1 on Skybet when they 'broke the news' earlier, but by the time I'd registered it'd gone to 5/4. I still put my free £10 bet on, and £10 of my own. He's since gone to 6/4 so I'd say it's well worth a couple of quid mate.

Done it then. hope they benefit from this :D

that said, OGS didn't do himself any favors by flying to England without mentioning it to them first

They gave him permission - but 'advised against it'. Contractually they couldn't stop him talking to us as he has a clause in his contract about leaving for a club in a major European league*, but advising against it isn't forbidding him to do it, as they are now making out.

*supposedly. Quite how people seem to be privy to personal contracts I have no idea.

His odds went to 10/1 on Skybet when they 'broke the news' earlier, but by the time I'd registered it'd gone to 5/4. I still put my free £10 bet on, and £10 of my own. He's since gone to 6/4 so I'd say it's well worth a couple of quid mate.

Someone at Sky could get a sacking over this. Probably whoever decided to throw the odds up to 10/1 to try and catch out people who hadn't heard the news of the snub.

Though personally I think whoever reported the snub in the first place has a lot to answer for. Lazy journalism could have cost SkyBet a fair few quid.

If you've agreed to a contract that has a clause in it allowing him to go speak to bigger clubs, you can't complain if it does actually happen. It's a decision taken at the time the contract is agreed, the fact it has happened is neither here nor there because they've obviously agreed to the possibility by signing up.

I think this is very simple. Very very simple.

If Villa offer him the job , he will be annonced the new manager around June 1.

If not he will stay at Molde , and finish the contract.

Its all up to Villa now.

Apparently OGS is a nice guy and he has achieved some success overseas BUT I think the main concerne for most people should be if the next manager has Premier League experience otherwise we could be fighting a relegation battle again no matter how nice the manager is.

You can"t beat experience ?!

Meh, Ferguson didn't have any experience managing in England when he took over at United. I think having PL experience on your CV is overrated....as we've obviously just spent the last 10 months witnessing....

Ole knows the league, knows the culture, knows the players, was schooled by a master, coached the Man U reserves....IMO, he's ready. I'm not concerned at all.

Someone at Sky could get a sacking over this. Probably whoever decided to throw the odds up to 10/1 to try and catch out people who hadn't heard the news of the snub.

Though personally I think whoever reported the snub in the first place has a lot to answer for. Lazy journalism could have cost SkyBet a fair few quid.

Doubt it'll make much difference. If OGS gets the job the VT massive will clear out all the bookies. ;):hooray:

I'm shitting myself that this might not happen. I feel on edge! Not for money reasons, but for football. I do genuinely think he would be a perfect appointment for us, and would get 99% of fans backing the team no matter what. I need to go outside or something :lol:

I'm shitting myself that this might not happen. I feel on edge! Not for money reasons, but for football. I do genuinely think he would be a perfect appointment for us, and would get 99% of fans backing the team no matter what. I need to go outside or something :lol:

Would be typical wouldn't it. We end up with a manager last season that nobody wanted and then when the majority of fans on here are unison about what a good and exciting appointment he would be we all feel on edge that it might not happen :(

I'm with you.

It's like waiting for exam results to find out you've gotten into a top University, knowing that if it's not the result you want, you're probably off to Derby.

I understand guys, but we have to look at this in a positive light. As difficult as OGS position is, surely he will be PRAYING we offer him the role to get out of the sticky situation he is in.

I cant see an investor pulling out because of an ''informal interview".

My guess.... We have approached Norwich about Lambert and set them a deadline for a response by Monday afternoon. If nothing doing, we will take on OGS as the boss.

either of them, I will be v.happy indeed

UTV