No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

If he is hired and ends up doing really well at Villa, he'll probably use it as a stepping stone for the United job.

I think you and some others are getting way ahead of yourselves. Given what Ole has done in terms of management he'd be nowhere near getting the job at United. He would have to do something amazing and highly unlikely with us, or another club in a league higher than the one he is in now, to be considered as Fergies replacement in a couple of years.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, watching the body language at the PC. Feel OGS might have been forced into that tbh...

Look at the arms folded, looking down, not a happy bunny.

jhakqo.jpg

would you be happy? he was coming over for a discrete chat, everyone found out, their main sponsor pulled out, hes been called illoyal by his own club, he might end up getting fired, without getting the villa job. Hes gotten alot of stick from different directions

id be pretty pissed off if that happened to be honest :)

A thought to consider.

Maybe, and it is only a maybe, Randy has a concern that (because of what happened with Mcleish) a gamble on OGS might backfire on him big time and the fans will crucify him for it.

I know none of us on here can give any assurances for the thousands of other Villa fans out there in the world but I am willing to back this one all the way and it is a first for me.

If it don't work out then it don't work out but I shall not give Randy or OGS any grief like I did when McLeish was there.

Same. Most people want OGS and he doesn't have a long track record of failure like McLeish. This should be an absolute no-brainer for Randy. If OGS fails, he may get a bit of stick but far less than if most other managers were to fail. If OGS is a success, he will get all the credit for going to get him in the first place.

If Solskjaer is a top manager in 5-10 years time he'll get the United job. Doesn't matter where he is. He wont get it any sooner than that. It's a huge gamble for us, even bigger for UTD.

I've thought for a while that whoever replaces Sir Alex will be an utter failure there compared to what they are used to and the manager after that will be the next successful United manager (just a personal opinion). Can see Solskjaer being that second manager (if he does well with us or whoever gets him).

So imo if we get him now we could have him for 5-10 years to build something. Imo that 5-10 year gap between now and him maybe getting United job he would be with us unless he was the next Mourinho or a total failure. Couldnt see him going to Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, City or Arsenal because it could harm his chances with UTD. If he does well with us we'll be up there with Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle anyway so wouldnt leave for them.

This is all thinking way in the future (and if he even takes the job). But any manager could get poached from us for being successful. And the last thing we need to be fearful of at the minute is being TOO successful.

Wow, watching the body language at the PC. Feel OGS might have been forced into that tbh...

jhakqo.jpg

would you be happy? he was coming over for a discrete chat, everyone found out, their main sponsor pulled out, hes been called illoyal by his own club, he might end up getting fired, without getting the villa job. Hes gotten alot of stick from different directions

He was told he can talk to us but they advised against it (I believe?) so, they gave permission and for that reason it is wrong to threaten the removal of the main sponsor, to make out he is not loyal and to make him look a bad person and to then put him in front of cameras about it. They have shown a complete disregard to him over this. Shocking behaviour and he is certainly right to be angry.

top 4 quality star players...
Yet we only ever finished as high as sixth? You've kind of undone your own argument there.

I think you are forgetting a win in 82, and even if we are just talking about the PL, then we have been as high as second!

top 4 quality star players...
Yet we only ever finished as high as sixth? You've kind of undone your own argument there.

I think you are forgetting a win in 82, and even if we are just talking about the PL, then we have been as high as second!

What are you talking about? I was clearly talking about us only ever finishing as high as 6th under MON.

He was told he can talk to us but they advised against it (I believe?) so, they gave permission and for that reason it is wrong to threaten the removal of the main sponsor, to make out he is not loyal and to make him look a bad person and to then put him in front of cameras about it. They have shown a complete disregard to him over this. Shocking behaviour and he is certainly right to be angry.

They said it was fine aslong as it was discrete... the jet seemed to have cocked that up

well it seems the sponsorship thing is kinda resolving it self, Rokke has decided to still support the club with 10million per year out of his own pocket as well as matching the income they get from the season tickets.

Apparently his wife is a fan of Molde as well, so i can imagine her giving him a bit of a telling off last night hehe..

And Aker also notified Molde FK in January that they would be likely to pull out, possibly at the end of the year, and they should look for other investors... so in the end that might actually have worked out well for them.

"We're the sponsors! We will let you talk to Aston Villa but advise against it! What? You're actually going?! We said we'd advise against it! We had to allow you to talk because we're not legally allowed to stop you, but we were still meant to have our own way! Without you this club will go backwards! We're going to withdraw all funding if you leave! We were thinking of doing that anyway so now you've just given us a way to make it look like a moral decision! Now, come on TV and tell all the nice people that you're still loyal to us and that we're amazing. Good boy."

Yeah Gav, its that pathetic.

I was going to give some money to a local charity this week, a measly £10 but all helps, wondering if it is worth putting that on OGS and giving them more if/when it comes in.

Peoples thoughts..?

His odds went to 10/1 on Skybet when they 'broke the news' earlier, but by the time I'd registered it'd gone to 5/4. I still put my free £10 bet on, and £10 of my own. He's since gone to 6/4 so I'd say it's well worth a couple of quid mate.