No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

ole why not give the guy a chance randy im sure he would come IF asked,and i know there are many fans with me on this one too,there seems a great togetherness amongst fans on here twiiter and facebook since this story broke out.A risk yes it is but we cant do any worse can we? UTV

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translation from VG: "It's up to Villa if there's something more, I can't guarantee that I'll stay if I get an offer. I'm not actively looking for a new job but should the offer arise I will look into it." There's also several articles about Solskjaer probably getting fired now. Well played Randy!

On what grounds would they sack him? Molde were fully aware he was flying over to speak with us yesterday it seems. Obviously if they were not aware then that would be another story.

What I also find interesting is the potential for Ole to pick up some Scandinavian gems. Players like Markus Henriksen, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen, Valon Berisha, Thomas Drage and Remi Johansen from the Tippeligaen could all be people he may look at as having potential to play his style of football. Chances are they wouldn't cost the world either.

Of those maybe two could do well at Villa, Jenssen and Berisha (I admit I don't know much about the last one), the other three are just not good enough. Drage has been poor so far this season, and Johansen isn't even in the team. The one thing we do know is that Solskjær wanted Kara Mbodj earlier, and he is truly to good for the Norwegian league!

What I also find interesting is the potential for Ole to pick up some Scandinavian gems. Players like Markus Henriksen, Ruben Yttergård Jenssen, Valon Berisha, Thomas Drage and Remi Johansen from the Tippeligaen could all be people he may look at as having potential to play his style of football. Chances are they wouldn't cost the world either.

Of those maybe two could do well at Villa, Jenssen and Berisha (I admit I don't know much about the last one), the other three are just not good enough. Drage has been poor so far this season, and Johansen isn't even in the team. The one thing we do know is that Solskjær wanted Kara Mbodj earlier, and he is truly to good for the Norwegian league!

I agree with Kara, but as I said, these players wouldn't cost the world and it wouldn't be anywhere near the sums we have spent on average British players before. Ole will also know first hand whether or not these players have the potential to make the grade.

A thought to consider.

Maybe, and it is only a maybe, Randy has a concern that (because of what happened with Mcleish) a gamble on OGS might backfire on him big time and the fans will crucify him for it.

I know none of us on here can give any assurances for the thousands of other Villa fans out there in the world but I am willing to back this one all the way and it is a first for me.

If it don't work out then it don't work out but I shall not give Randy or OGS any grief like I did when McLeish was there.

If he is hired and ends up doing really well at Villa, he'll probably use it as a stepping stone for the United job.

As would 95% of managers.

you can't not hire because 3 years down the line - you fear he will have been such a success - that one of the biggest clubs in Europe may poach him ?

I feel I must comment on MON's contribution to the club. Although he brought good times back to Villa it was without regard to the future of the club. The owners must share the blame for this but MON was no hero. He was like the labour government bringing the good times to the country which eventually lead it to the worst recession in history. Next manager has one hell of job to repair the mess left behind and it will take several years to get us back to where we were when MON left.

If he is hired and ends up doing really well at Villa, he'll probably use it as a stepping stone for the United job.

If he ends up doing really well? How well are we talking here? Surely Man Utd would want to go for one of the top managers in the world when Rudolph leaves.

If Ole manages to become one of those during his time at Villa then we can safely say we will have benefited from it as it would likely mean we have won some trophies or made it into the Champions League. In all honesty though I just don't see Man Utd employing someone based on nostalgia alone.

Personally the only way he'd getting the Man Utd job if if we win the league this season and Ferguson gets fired as a result of failing to win it in the last two attempts.