No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr.Mooney? What say you on my take of your scenario?
What? That they wouldn't do it just for an interview? Or that he must at least be the favoured candidate? Maybe so, we're all just taking guesses here anyway.

Do we know for certain that it is Kristiansund the plane's gone to, and that that is where OGS is based?

My main doubt is over the cost of sending the plane anywhere to pick up anyone that isn't at least favoured for the role.
I would have thought a short hop like that is small change for Randy. A nice courtesy, entirely in keeping with his style.
Still don't see it. In theory that's a 'short hop' for each foreign based interviewee who decides to give it a try. Anyhoo, we'll hopefully know soon enough.

Considering the talk of Mick McCarthy was LOL'd out of the office, I dont hink Randy would send a jet to pick a non starter.....

I think this is nailed on now tbh.

How did a flight to Norway suddenly become OGS linked ?

Exactly what im starting to think now.

We know RL's jet is due to fly to Norway.

We have no idea what for.

We have no idea who to see.

Yet, we are all convinced its to see OGS and bring him back to England to be unveiled or for an interview.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.....................

We work on probables.

Carew was a probable, although that was visually confirmed pretty quickly!

Houllier was a probable all the way up to the press conference.

This is a probable, based on destination, the tie in with a mentioned name, and the fact that the owner got off another aircraft at BHX earlier (arriving), and that his jet is due back from Kristiansund tomorrow.

You pays your money and you take your choice. I only report on here (and I only report on VT) what the circumstances are for others to draw conclusions.

My conclusion lent me to place some bets this morning. If they come in I am happy, and if they don't I am happy as well, because I only bet what I am prepared to lose.

However, if OGS is appointed tomorrow, I require an apology from very VTer that pre-dates July 2006 for only voting me second in the newcomer of the year 2006, after all of my sterling work on the takeover (which was popular then!) :winkold:

Oh, and if people win money, they should all send some to Simon for the running of the forum.

I'm off home!

Dont get me wrong mate, i really appreciate your info, as we all do. Im just trying not to let myself get carried away with it.

FWIW i really hope your right.

I say again, im not having a go at you in any way shape or form, and i hope it hasnt come accross that way...if it has, then im sorry.

Thanks for your info today buddy, i hope it all turns out as you/we are now expecting.

Considering the talk of Mick McCarthy was LOL'd out of the office, I dont hink Randy would send a jet to pick a non starter.....

I think this is nailed on now tbh.

ZOMG! He's back! Wilkommen.

Thetrees, I may not agree with you much but man I get excited reading your posts during the summer and January!!!

Where had the plane been that Lerner got off?

I for one would be pretty excited and happy with OGS. I think we need to take a massive gamble and this is someone I could happily give time to see what kind of squad he could build.

So I originally wanted Lambert - 100%, but now this OGS news has come about, my mind has been swayed. Get him in!

So much potential, speaks great english, foreign and english knowledge of game, potential mould of fergie and would be here for the long run if he came.

Mr.Mooney? What say you on my take of your scenario?
What? That they wouldn't do it just for an interview? Or that he must at least be the favoured candidate? Maybe so, we're all just taking guesses here anyway.

Do we know for certain that it is Kristiansund the plane's gone to, and that that is where OGS is based?

My main doubt is over the cost of sending the plane anywhere to pick up anyone that isn't at least favoured for the role.
I would have thought a short hop like that is small change for Randy. A nice courtesy, entirely in keeping with his style.
Still don't see it. In theory that's a 'short hop' for each foreign based interviewee who decides to give it a try. Anyhoo, we'll hopefully know soon enough.

WSJ estimates would put the cost of sending his own aircraft to get the guy at $15000-$20000

It is unusual for his aircraft to fly without him. I don't recall it ever being used to carry other lone travellers.

anyone know who his number 2 is in Norway? Should get Martin Laursen in, just to top it off.

That youtube video had a Manc coach, can't remember his name, who he clearly took from the reserves with him. I think we could genuinely expect him to try and follow the Fergie model. I'd also love Laursen to come back but I think he'd be a better manager in his own right in the long term.

or maybe Lerner knows about TheTrees and sent his plane there for disinformation purposes while he jumps an Easyjet flight to Corsica

Nope, Lerner arrived in Birmingham earlier this afternoon.

How did a flight to Norway suddenly become OGS linked ?

Exactly what im starting to think now.

We know RL's jet is due to fly to Norway.

We have no idea what for.

We have no idea who to see.

Yet, we are all convinced its to see OGS and bring him back to England to be unveiled or for an interview.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.....................

We work on probables.

Carew was a probable, although that was visually confirmed pretty quickly!

Houllier was a probable all the way up to the press conference.

This is a probable, based on destination, the tie in with a mentioned name, and the fact that the owner got off another aircraft at BHX earlier (arriving), and that his jet is due back from Kristiansund tomorrow.

You pays your money and you take your choice. I only report on here (and I only report on VT) what the circumstances are for others to draw conclusions.

My conclusion lent me to place some bets this morning. If they come in I am happy, and if they don't I am happy as well, because I only bet what I am prepared to lose.

However, if OGS is appointed tomorrow, I require an apology from very VTer that pre-dates July 2006 for only voting me second in the newcomer of the year 2006, after all of my sterling work on the takeover (which was popular then!) :winkold:

Oh, and if people win money, they should all send some to Simon for the running of the forum.

I'm off home!

You can't go home! Get down that runway with your binoculars.

If this happens it'll be an exciting and risky appointment. Total contrast to last summer. Annoyed that I missed this news breaking and didn't have a chunk of that 33/1.

or maybe Lerner knows about TheTrees and sent his plane there for disinformation purposes while he jumps an Easyjet flight to Corsica

Nope, Lerner arrived in Birmingham earlier this afternoon.

Do you know where he arrived from thetrees?

anyone know who his number 2 is in Norway? Should get Martin Laursen in, just to top it off.

He's an English Coach who worked with him at United according to Wiki.

Speak of Laursen, he's started doing his badges and coaching in Danish third tier. (Courtesy of Paul Brown via Twitter)