Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@AJ , fortunately, the bulk of the hate is reserved for a cult mostly based on VT, just looking at the reception he gets from fans at the stadium and over social media makes it evident it is more of a LOUD minority.

Thanks, JV, that actually makes sense. I never really could understand it. From what knowledge I have of Gabby, there is good and bad about him, as with any mere human. Yet I couldn't understand such strong hatred of him. he is just a footballer FFS, not Nigel " Turtle Face" Farage.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJ said:

Thanks, JV, that actually makes sense. I never really could understand it. From what knowledge I have of Gabby, there is good and bad about him, as with any mere human. Yet I couldn't understand such strong hatred of him. he is just a footballer FFS, not Nigel " Turtle Face" Farage.

You use the word`hate'. Has anyone actually said they hate him?

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hahah, as I said... I knew what the next steps would be, went from making the basal premise of the original post that "I have not even heard him apologise" to "|MINIMAL APOLOGY". LMAO!!! What is a MAXIMUM apology, how do we grade this?:clap:

However, I know that none of these things really matter, as you lot are just like Fox News for Republicans and CNN for Democratics.

Some of you just hate the guy and it wouldn't make a difference if he started farting rampant lions and AVFC badges.

It is actually kinda funny.

:crylaugh:

55039027.jpg

Wtf are you talking about? 

I've already admitted that'd I'd forgot/genuinEly hadn't realised he had apologised....... that didn't quite tie in with your trolling claim so I'm not surprised you've not let it get in the way here.

Nevertheless, what you have quoted here, I was referring to another posters comparison.

I'm still totally lost as to what your overall point is.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm guessing words such as "scumbag", "cretin" "lowlife" "waste of oxygen" would suggest as much...no? It's not really rocket science.

So no one has said they hate him.

So they have called him names, names I have heard other players being called. That does not make it right of course, but it does not in any way suggest what you say it does.

It is never good to use words like `hate' lightly.

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

So no one has said they hate him.

So they have called him names, names I have heard other players being called. That does not make it right of course, but it does not in any way suggest what you say it does.

It is never good to use words like `hate' lightly.

AB, there have been so many resentful things said about him, if you were to sift through all the posts from the last couple of seasons, it was said somewhere. If not, it has definitely been implied, and you don't have to go too far back for that. I agree with what you are saying and you do make a good point, and that was basically what I was getting at. I think the vitriol towards Gabby has been a bit too strong. Yes, the word hate shouldn't be used lightly, it would be much better if people provide the actual reasons behind their resentment, but it seems that no matter what the depth of redemption Gabby provides, some have made up their minds that they " very strongly dislike" him, no matter what he does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@AJ , fortunately, the bulk of the hate is reserved for a cult mostly based on VT, just looking at the reception he gets from fans at the stadium and over social media makes it evident it is more of a LOUD minority.

For the record I have no hate of the man - don't think I have ever abused him or said anything bad about him on a personal basis  in any way shape or form and never will. But here's the deal breaker- he's not a very good footballer and in my humble opinion for what's it's worth- should not be playing for ASTON VILLA FC

• Like 4

What has Gabby done to deserve redemption ? What cause he finally decided to put some effort in after disrespecting numerous managers, the fans, the club. He is a seriously limited bang average footballer who doesn't deserve to wear our shirt   

And I'll go on record with the fact I hate Gabby. There I said it. Don't give a shit about him and hope he drops down the leagues into a distant bad memory. However don't wish him any ill, and if Bruce thinks he can get us out this league then so be it. Doesnt mean I have to like him just tolerate. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

For the record I have no hate of the man - don't think I have ever abused him or said anything bad about him on a personal basis  in any way shape or form and never will. But here's the deal breaker- he's not a very good footballer and in my humble opinion for what's it's worth- should not be playing for ASTON VILLA FC

Dave, that's absolutely fine, and we are all entitled to our opinion. What I don't like is the literal witch hunt, to the point where it's gotten very petty and illogical. I have said the same in the Westwood thread etc, I am more vocal re Gabby because obviously I grew up with him as one of my "heroes".

This will be a very unpopular and OTT example I am about to give but here goes:

I watch a shed load of news (I'm a loser) and do a whole lot of research re: conspiracy theories, politics, religion et al. With the election just gone, as well as "Brexit" I have seen how the media and people can manipulate perception immensely based on the repetition of things which are not even fact. Take snippets, selective quoting and mistakes/behavioral issues as well as even normal behavior and manipulate it into a mountain out of a molehill to the point where the actual facts get lost.

I have literally watched full Donald Trump speeches, and/or responses to questions asked. To go online later and see memes, Facebook statuses copying and pasting parts of a sentence along with sensational headlines to skew perception of the average sheep and watch the masses run with it.

Whereas Hillary Clinton, one of the most horrid women in history had the media all "cooning" for her and sweep all of her much worse transgressions under the carpet.

This is obviously a much heavier issue than mere football, but my point is basically that with some, no matter what happens they are going to continue to repeat the same vitriol even if proven to be incorrect to push their agenda, if that doesn't work then it is move the goalposts, and repeat.

- (All Trump supporters are racist, sexist, rednecks, and all Bexit OUT voters are old, uneducated, white, racist, scum etc.):rolleyes:

And in the end as usual, it is all bollox because the people who matter, have better access to the situation/circumstance and make the decisions (American People/Aston Villa Board/Manager) are proving points to the contrary yet the bitter still will not let up!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave J said:

That is very fair, Dave. You are obviously basing your opinion on what is tangible, on what you see, rather than blind speculation. I respect that.

Edited by AJ
Vagueness due to replying on my crappy phone while at work.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Since when has minority meant "in the wrong?"- (then I pressume you think majority is being "in the right")

You couldnt be more wrong

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dave, that's absolutely fine, and we are all entitled to our opinion. What I don't like is the literal witch hunt, to the point where it's gotten very petty and illogical. I have said the same in the Westwood thread etc, I am more vocal re Gabby because obviously I grew up with him as one of my "heroes".

This will be a very unpopular and OTT example I am about to give but here goes:

I watch a shed load of news (I'm a loser) and do a whole lot of research re: conspiracy theories, politics, religion et al. With the election just gone, as well as "Brexit" I have seen how the media and people can manipulate perception immensely based on the repetition of things which are not even fact. Take snippets, selective quoting and mistakes/behavioral issues as well as even normal behavior and manipulate it into a mountain out of a molehill to the point where the actual facts get lost.

I have literally watched full Donald Trump speeches, and/or responses to questions asked. To go online later and see memes, Facebook statuses copying and pasting parts of a sentence along with sensational headlines to skew perception of the average sheep and watch the masses run with it.

Whereas Hillary Clinton, one of the most horrid women in history had the media all "cooning" for her and sweep all of her much worse transgressions under the carpet.

This is obviously a much heavier issue than mere football, but my point is basically that with some, no matter what happens they are going to continue to repeat the same vitriol even if proven to be incorrect to push their agenda, if that doesn't work then it is move the goalposts, and repeat.

- (All Trump supporters are racist, sexist, rednecks, and all Bexit OUT voters are old, uneducated, white, racist, scum etc.):rolleyes:

And in the end as usual, it is all bollox because the people who matter, have better access to the situation/circumstance and make the decisions (American People/Aston Villa Board/Manager) are proving points to the contrary yet the bitter still will not let up!

If you'd have paid attention to detail with Gaby as you do to the news you would surely realise that Gaby is now a shit footballer with no future, and a complete word removed for his performances and attitude on & off the pitch.

Last year was the lowest if the low, and the previous 3 or 4 years were a consistant decline.

He's a shit footballer and a disgrace to himself as a person.

A loud minority see through it, think and say what they mean.

The majority obviously have there own reasons for interpreting his performances and behavior differently.

However, one can not determine that a majority is correct just by being a majority

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

If you'd have paid attention to detail with Gaby as you do to the news you would surely realise that Gaby is now a shit footballer with no future, and a complete word removed for his performances and attitude on & off the pitch.

Last year was the lowest if the low, and the previous 3 or 4 years were a consistant decline.

The majority obviously have there own reasons for interpreting his performances and behavior differently.

However, one can not determine that a majority is correct just by being a majority

Steve Bruce
Football Manager
Stephen Roger "Steve" Bruce is an English professional football manager and former player who is currently manager of Aston Villa.Wikipedia

Born: December 31, 1960 (age 55), Corbridge, United Kingdom
Weight: 182 lbs
Height: 6′ 0″
Spouse: Janet Bruce (m. 1983)
Teams coached: Aston Villa F.C. (Manager, since 2016), Hull City A.F.C. (Manager, 2012–2016)
Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Steve Bruce
Football Manager
Stephen Roger "Steve" Bruce is an English professional football manager and former player who is currently manager of Aston Villa.Wikipedia

Born: December 31, 1960 (age 55), Corbridge, United Kingdom
Weight: 182 lbs
Height: 6′ 0″
Spouse: Janet Bruce (m. 1983)
Teams coached: Aston Villa F.C. (Manager, since 2016), Hull City A.F.C. (Manager, 2012–2016)

sorry

dont understand the joke

Edited by Grasshopper

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Grasshopper, when you say he is a shit footballer, I can accept that and respect that. Its your opinion. But how is he a disgrace to himself as a person? For somebody to be described in that way, they must have done something really horrendous. Your next line, " A loud minority see through it, think and say what they mean", doesn't that imply that a loud minority are speculating? Honestly, not having a go at you, I just want to understand your thoughts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Yes because ALL pro football managers are 100% right with 100% of everything they do.

What a poor argument. 

A BILLION, GAZILLION, QUINTILLION arguments have already been made, and you know that.

So obviously, that is to point out, that is where the buck stops at the end of the day, so everyone can rumble as much as they want to.

Starting with 1)his comments on him so far and 2)The reception he got when he came on and 3) His decision to bring him on (Had something to do with the goal I believe?..).

It would. probably mean that about 3 or 4 Managers before this season were completely wrong about him too, wondering why you haven't applied yet?

Anyway basically, my point is that Bruce is the manager, Bruce has given inclination that he has impressed him etc etc. Anyway I don't know why I keep answering obvious arguments lol.

01ca095635d57ef43965c3c6a68707efae2aef8b28d24e8315d61a6ed9f7a7ef.jpg

• Like 1

Â