Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I said last week that i would put my mortgage on Gabby never playing for the club again. 

I would like to thank every member of Villatalk for not taking me up on that offer :wacko:

I would have preferred to see him leave after letting himself and the club down so badly over the last few years, but while he is picking up wages from the club I would be happy to see him playing for us if he can show the same commitment and energy that he did today, something which I think he would only be able to do for short spells from the subs bench.

I trust Bruce to manage Gabby the right way, he is no fool, and as we also have other options available there is no way he will be allowed to coast if he wants any game time. If Bruce thinks he can still get something out of him then I'm fine with that.

• Like 2

good management from Bruce really, bringing him back for this game has opened the door a bit now, there'll be less surprise if he's involved more often from now. I still can't see him starting matches any time soon, but at least he might earn that crust a bit.

• Like 1

Also in fairness to Gabby he tried to put a shift in when he came on, which is more than can be said about Micah Richards in a couple of games this season.

Gabby's wasted his chance to be a hero, and has disrespected the club. But to be fair he's nowhere near "scumbag" territory, he's not the sort to assault someone at 2am etc. If SB thinks he can get some use of that 60k a week, then so be it. Can't see it happening, but best of luck to him.

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

good management from Bruce really, bringing him back for this game 

Whilst i don't necessarily agree with Gabby getting another chance, once Bruce had made that decision i think it was very, very clever management to use this game as a reintroduction.

Today the fans were always going to worry more about the game rather than individuals, so they were never going to get on his back and any positive impact from Gabby would obviously have gone down well. 

I don't agree with it, Gabby should be nowhere near the team imo, but very clever from Bruce. 

I would love to see the old Gabby come back, but I must admit that I find it very difficult to forgive him for the last few years, he's been extremely lazy and disrespectful, to us the fans and to Aston Villa. What I would like to see him do is, do an interview where he apologizes for the last few years, apologizes for his behavior on and of the pitch, apologizes for not celebrating when he scored against Norwich last season (a moment that made my blood boil) and if he is serious about coming back and serious about wanting the best for the club, I wan't to see him prove it, by adding some kind of clause to his contract, where we can release him as soon as he starts behaving badly, partying, lazy or just gets overweight mid season again. So that we know for certain that this is his last chance. This would prove that he is not all about the money.

Â