Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Really bright and worked hard. Can't argue with his 10 minutes. He's going to be another option of which we have to get used to. As long as he shows the same work rate then I'm sure he will be a good option! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way he has been talked about, it's almost as if people expected him to come on and fall over his own ankles or something. He has had good games in the past ffs, where he has shown good strength to hold it up at the front, provided assists etc.

You know the saying on here about players getting better and better the more they have been left out? He is the antithesis of that on here.

Just because he had nightmare spells does not nullify the fact that he was a decent Premier League footballer at the very least.

I'm pleased for the lad.

I think it is an extremely emotional time for him, he has been battered and I think it could turn out as a positive for him, realising he is "expendable" and not above the "law" at Villa.

In terms of holding the ball up.....he showed a few the way home.

he is nowhere near fit.....but showed how to hold the ball up.

but the rest of the team could pay head......neither are they.

The whole team could look at blues players shape and say.....now we know what we have to do.

we was unable to display our superior quality, as a result of it.

They need to shape up or ship out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Wow, I think the emotion of the derby has gone to people's heads. 

I can see why Steve did it, but I am annoyed he has been let back on the pitch. He ran around a lot, gave away three fouls in his brief cameo (not "one for the team" defensive fouls either). One injection of enthusiasm and motivation to the team when he came on was quickly nullified and he was easily beaten by the defenders each time (despite their initial panic). I still believe he has very little to offer even at this level.

Gestede would have been a better option to bring on earlier.

Thats a bit disingenuous....considering he was/is totally unfit.

however he preoccupied their defence like others were struggling to.

he used his body weight as effectively has his fitness allowed.....it needed to happen.

....some muscle i mean.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats a bit disingenuous....considering he was/is totally unfit.

however he preoccupied their defence like others were struggling to.

he used his body weight as effectively has his fitness allowed.....it needed to happen.

It didn't need to happen at all. If he was totally unfit - he should not have been playing. That is not a difficult concept to grasp, especially since Gestede, McCormack, Kodjia and Ayew were all available. 

I think that Rudy would have kept them just as occupied had he come on instead of Gabby, as well as actually carrying a goal threat. 

Hopefully this was just Steve having a look to see if there is something in there that he can use, or if he needs to get shopping for a striker in January, as well as trying something for the Derby. 

Sadly, it looks like this chancer has conned yet another manager. I guess time will tell. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It didn't need to happen at all. If he was totally unfit - he should not have been playing. That is not a difficult concept to grasp, especially since Gestede, McCormack, Kodjia and Ayew were all available. 

I think that Rudy would have kept them just as occupied had he come on instead of Gabby, as well as actually carrying a goal threat. 

Hopefully this was just Steve having a look to see if there is something in there that he can use, or if he needs to get shopping for a striker in January, as well as trying something for the Derby. 

Sadly, it looks like this chancer has conned yet another manager. I guess time will tell. 

Something needed to happen...we were losing the grip.

I said to myself c 50 mins....this will be 1-1.....if I could see it...

their goal was coming, we was under too much pressure

I accept the case about Gestede at c50 mins ....to me it was clear we needed some muscle up front .....it was coming straight back at us from Shotton and Morrison.

However, SB makes the calls....we have to accept that.....and i would have taken the draw at that time.

Edited by TRO

I think Bruce's post match interview was interesting, he said something along the lines of;

'If i can get Gabby in shape, and i will, he'll be a great asset'

It come across as if today was maybe just a little olive branch, a taster if you will. I think it was Bruce saying 'look, I'm going to work the arse off you kid, but here is a bit of light in what has been a very dark tunnel. 

As i said earlier, personally i don't think he deserves it, but it is very clever management. Being so out of favour with the last couple of managers Gabby clearly took a 'whats the point' kind of attitude, Bruce has now put all the onus firmly on Gabby, if he fails he has no one else to blame.

Over to you kid. 

Edited by av1

Gaby proved 2 things today

Fresh on for the last 10 mins didnt have the pace to get past a single defender on for some 80mins -> pace gone - remembering his boast "ready when needed"

Down one division and is still ineffective.

Shit footballer -> get rid

@ Gaby supporters/sympathisers - sorry but cant take any more from you

Dont want to ever see him in a villa shirt again

• Like 1

Look you could make a case about just about every player....in terms of fitness they all need a programme IMO.

I was making cases against Gabby way before all the shenanigans, basically based on football issues....but we was much better then as a unit.

He was only on for 10 mins....but used his muscle far better than some of our regular players.

We needed that from someone.....shotton was beginning to dominate from the back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

If Gabby can prove himself again i don't see what the problem is. We need all the help that we can get. 

I am not his greatest fan, but if he can recover some of his past form he will potentially cause havoc in this league. I get the sense that Bruce will not tolerate his previous attitude/behaviour. If he can make Gabby spark again it can only be good for the club.

If a former Blues Manager can be welcomed, surely Gabby can be welcomed back?

I cannot ever forgive Gabby and will never forget how he treated this club with contempt. 

However I want Aston Villa to be the best they can be and if Steve Bruce can get him to play well and good. I'm not going to boo or anything but he's not going to be back welcomed arms from me ever. 

At best maybe we can shift him on for a fee if he puts in some performances. 

Even if he gets back to his best I will always suspect there is another lapse around the corner so would rather he went off the wage bill and we reinvested those wages elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I support  AVFC. Frankly it is pathetic to talk about "Gabby supporters/sympathisers" It isn't an US and THEM situation.

Hopefully everyone here wants the club to do well and if he can be made useful, so be it.

Well said Mike.....its interesting too that the away support today never appeared opposed to it.

i say,Lets see what happens....then judge.

42 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I support  AVFC. Frankly it is pathetic to talk about "Gabby supporters/sympathisers" It isn't an US and THEM situation.

Hopefully everyone here wants the club to do well and if he can be made useful, so be it.

Sorry, but excuse me. Am I not  allowed to be of an opinion which I think is best for AVFC?

Be it without Gaby?

Us & Them doesnt come into it.

However, I cant take the support for him any more, as its all founded on what he may do in the future, which I firmly do not believe will come to any fruition. Am I not allowed to say this?

• Like 1

Â