Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

To be fair to Gabby his game plan continues to work. Sit on your arse and await the sacking of the manager. However, I don't think Tony, Wyness or Round will sanction another chance so Gabby, you'd better forget it me ol mucker.

Well he isn't going anywhere, and he continues to be paid. If Steve wants to pick him, then he should. Nobody at the club should dictate to the manager on squad selection.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Well he isn't going anywhere, and he continues to be paid. If Steve wants to pick him, then he should. Nobody at the club should dictate to the manager on squad selection.

Gabby's on-field and off-field behaviour last season was a disgrace to the club. I think an owner should be allowed to veto a player if he feels that player is damaging their club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If Bruce thinks he has a part to play then um happy for him to be back in there. 

I'm not. We have five other forwards and every one of them is:

a. a better player than Gabby and

b. has earned much more right to be on the pitch.

In any case, too many forwards is part of our problem, we dont need another one, especially a shit one with an attitude problem.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I'm not. We have five other forwards and every one of them is

a. a better player than Gabby and

b. has earned much more right to be on the pitch.

In any case, too many forwards is part of our problem, we dont need another one, especially a shit one with an attitude problem.

And we're not scoring enough goals or winning games. If Bruce gets those two things going I don't care what players he uses. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The word removed has had more than enough clean slates, I wouldn't even let him train with other players.

yep  for me some people are beyond redemption and he is one. We have enough strikers at the club and I would argue every one of them is better than Agbonlahor anyway

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And we're not scoring enough goals or winning games. If Bruce gets those two things going I don't care what players he uses. 

Neither do I, as long as it is not Gabriel Agbonlahor.

PS - the strike force is not the problem. It is the midfield and consequential impact on the defence.

Edited by TheStagMan

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

This seems a daft way to think. I want villa to do well. If gabby can contribute to that there is no issue with that. 

He won't contribute. Not good enough, not fit enough, not motivated enough and after all that has been done by him he cannot be allowed back into the team. He is not a good enough player for YET ANOTHER clean sheet.

Anyway, this is going round and round, it is well documented over the last 200 pages why many people (myself included) do not want him anywhere near the team. The whole attitude of "no issue what he has done as long as he can contribute" is part of the reason why footballers get away with so much shit (extends to society in general). I am glad that our owner has taken a position based on principle based on Gabby's behaviour.

No matter how desperate we become in the future, I will stand by not ever wanting him back. Behaviour and actions have to have consequences. Hopefully Villa has the class to see that through.

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

He won't contribute. Not good enough, not fit enough, not motivated enough and after all that has been done by him he cannot be allowed back into the team. He is not a good enough player for YET ANOTHER clean sheet.

Anyway, this is going round and round, it is well documented over the last 200 pages why many people (myself included) do not want him anywhere near the team. The whole attitude of "no issue what he has done as long as he can contribute" is part of the reason why footballers get away with so much shit (extends to society in general). I am glad that our owner has taken a position based on principle based on Gabby's behaviour.

No matter how desperate we become in the future, I will stand by not ever wanting him back. Behaviour and actions have to have consequences. Hopefully Villa has the class to see that through.

I don't really want him to play. I don't think he's good enough and we have better players. 

But if Bruce at some decides to use him I won't mind. 

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

sx2wf.jpg

Â