Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I've been against Gabby being brought back into the team...

...but does anyone here honestly believe he could have been any worse than McCormack & Kodjia in the second half on Saturday? Obviously we have Gestede & Ayew to bring in (or on if we had any substitutions left)

Hell yes!

10 hours ago, choffer said:

Check the date. That article is two and half years ago.

On 10/13/2016 at 19:58, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right, but if he posts pics or vids of him working out the likes of you are the first to spout some bollox like "False attempts to pretend you give a toss aren't fooling anyone Gabby!":rolleyes:

I can do some favours and start posting some pics every other day if you are desperate for updates though?

Or alternatively I could trawl through the recent photos of him and Charisma where he's out on the lash looking utterly unfit, and post them?

I'm sure you're right though, he's no doubt fighting fit and ready to roar into action.

:rolleyes:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/10/21/fitness-update-fulham-home

Bruce also revealed that Gabby Agbonlahor is on a fitness programme as the striker looks to get up to speed for this Championship campaign. He added: “Gabby has dipped in and out with us. He’s on a programme at the moment, which he is a week into. He’s listened and wants to succeed again. “This week he’s been terrific in everything we have put to him. He’s worked extremely hard.  "He understands that he has to get himself in better condition. “As I said last week, I am not interested in what happened in the past – for me, the slate is wiped clean. “The way he’s been this week, no problem.”

I am kind of OK with this.  Not that I think he deserves a second chance.  But fact is we are paying him so make him work for his money.  IF he gets selected on merit and can do a job for us so be it. I think he has a long long long way to go to get there though - too many better players.

2 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

I am kind of OK with this.  Not that I think he deserves a second chance.  But fact is we are paying him so make him work for his money.  IF he gets selected on merit and can do a job for us so be it. I think he has a long long long way to go to get there though - too many better players.

Oh dear, certain posters are shortly to be on suicide watch! lol

• Like 1

If Bruce thinks Gabby has changed then I support Bruce. Gabby on the other hand will need to do some bloody grafting on the pitch if he is ever to have anyone support him again. Main difference for me this year is that Gabby no longer has a negative hold over the dressing room, he will be coming back and will be well sheepish. But honestly gabby, get it wrong and you are gonna get some serious hate from the stands. 

Seriously, I trust Bruce.  If he can use a player on our books to help us then I have no problem with it.  The other thing it does is a send a message to other players that everyone has a chance to play and it might even create a bit more competition for places which can only be a good thing. 

• Like 3

this is not a second chance it is 8 or 9.  Huge mistake,  have a clean slate would be having him out of the club.  As long as he remains the stench of failure and what we 'used' to be remains

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh dear, certain posters are shortly to be on suicide watch! lol

Not you though. You cant be on suicide watch as you have a tailored fitness programme at Bodymoor Heath so you can have another chance in the first team. 

• Like 2

if viewed as a bigger picture then the criticism of gabby for years was that he was a big part in dragging everyone around him down with his lack of professionalism, if he's now training as hard as anyone is there not perhaps a case that he could be having a positive influence on everyone around him?

how he gets rewarded for his hard work and whether or not he is good enough to be anywhere near the squad is something bruce will have to sort when gabby gets there but the time being i dont see any issue with him training, who knows it may even be a case of Bruce gets him in to a physical condition that means we can sell him

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Seriously, I trust Bruce.  If he can use a player on our books to help us then I have no problem with it.  The other thing it does is a send a message to other players that everyone has a chance to play and it might even create a bit more competition for places which can only be a good thing. 

Gabby is a parasite, but I also back Bruce if this is what he wants.

Â