Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

So in 20 minutes, as long as Benteke doesn't whiff the sitter, you'd have one potentially complete pass resulting in a real chance. But then Benteke still whiffed the sitter, so he wasn't reading what Bent was doing either - not great link up.

Come off it. You can't attribute the missed sitter to poor link up play. Where else was Bent supposed to head that to? He put it on the six yard line in the middle of the goal! You can only attribute that to poor anticipation/lack of composure because he'd only just come on or whatever.

Fine if your opinion is that they didn't link up well, I have to disagree and I'm not going to change your mind. But to use that as an example is nonsensical.

Fine if your opinion is that they didn't link up well, I have to disagree and I'm not going to change your mind. But to use that as an example is nonsensical.
I said Benteke wasn't reading what Bent was doing either, meaning that moment was Benteke's fault. You're reading it like I put that one on Bent. Doesn't really matter whose fault it is when stuff isn't coming off.

I said Benteke wasn't reading what Bent was doing either, meaning that moment was Benteke's fault. You're reading it like I put that one on Bent. Doesn't really matter whose fault it is when stuff isn't coming off.

In terms of linking up, reading each other, Bent couldn't have put that in a better place and Benteke equally couldn't have been in a better place. So they DID reach each other. The result was just a fluffed shot.

So again you missed the pass through to Benteke, or did you miss it by blinking. What about Benteke miss-placed pass to Bent, it happens he played well and worked hard for the side, however we have to have certain sections of support who hammer him for his work-rate are now hammering for his lack of goals when it was the other way, they hammered him for his work-rate. Like as previously mentioned it's great competition, and I can't remember where we've had such quality strikers at the club.
It's not competition for Bent if he's never getting swapped out as long as he's available. You talk about Bent getting fans on his back, but I can think of 7-8 players who routinely take far more flak than Bent does even when he's not producing. He was part of several fluff up moments which would have seen someone like Ireland get dog's abuse, yet apparently that's not even enough impetus to bring on Gabby for the last 15 minutes...?

If you honestly think PL will start Bent every game you are barmy, PL plays the best team to try and win a game. See Shay Given as evidence of that, if Bent ain't performing he will be swapped out, and I assure you DB knows that too, it's no coincidence, DB is now doing more with his work-rate than he ever has done. Gabby will get a run in the side which I have no doubts about but they will all be rotated, he did this at Norwich.

Gabby is currently 4th choice striker even though he has so much to offer. That to me is a very healthy situation in regards to our forwards unless he wishes to leave for first team football. But I personally think he will fight for his place.

Fair enough. Good move by Lambert.

did you not follow the Swansea game?

Completely missed the weekend, was really looking forward to watching the game but ended up helping a mate who's rebuilding an old derelict cottage. I've only seen the goals.

Mugatu's Derelict?

PL on Gabby at the presser: "Gabby has been injured and then was on the bench. You need everybody at the football club going the same way."

Sensing Gabby didn't come on last weekend due to PL being unhappy with him? Anything to do with his trip to NY?

Competition for places is pretty fierce now. For Gabby it´s time to shape up or be shipped out. I think he still has an important role to play, I only hope that he takes to the challenge rather than moaning about not playing regularly like some footballers in his situation will end up doing.

For the first time in a long time I think we have good strength in depth up top.

Can still do a job for sure, as well as on the wings. With Charley boy not doing it still and Albrighton not fit, its not liek we have loads of options on the wings. Can still be a great performer at the top flight and has served us well for many years.

I may be wrong here, but I just get a sense of deja vu with the likes of Lee Hendrie.

There are some players that have endeared them selves to the terraces by virtue of their "badge kissing" and play the "loyalty card" which is great for some fans and not so convincing to others.

I am a fan that looks for effect in a player ( i.e how much they are effecting our performance)

I have always felt a sense of meloncholy towards Gabby and Hendrie( and a few others) in as much as I think they was too comfortable and was at the club in periods of transition when the club had not performed well in the transfer market.

Competition for these types have been questionable and performances have reflected this.

You can only hope that the Landscape has changed and Gabby will have to fight for his place.

How does he do that? Score goals.

I may be wrong here, but I just get a sense of deja vu with the likes of Lee Hendrie.

There are some players that have endeared them selves to the terraces by virtue of their "badge kissing" and play the "loyalty card" which is great for some fans and not so convincing to others.

I am a fan that looks for effect in a player ( i.e how much they are effecting our performance)

I have always felt a sense of meloncholy towards Gabby and Hendrie( and a few others) in as much as I think they was too comfortable and was at the club in periods of transition when the club had not performed well in the transfer market.

Competition for these types have been questionable and performances have reflected this.

You can only hope that the Landscape has changed and Gabby will have to fight for his place.

How does he do that? Score goals.

I can't ever remember Agbonlahor kissing the Villa badge. It's his 50+ goals for Villa that has endeared him to the fans. We shouldn't just write someone off just because he's in a run of bad form. If that was the case no one would last more than 6 months at a time at any club.

Â