Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Why not play Gabby in Ireland's spot, just with more free reign to play as a striker when required. That way you can play two of Weimann, Benteke and Bent. Delph, Herd, Bannan etc. will still get games.

Deffo - when Gabby's in the form he was in the other night he's not unlike Rooney in the role that he plays, running at defences from deep and bringing in the other striker.

I reckon it's why he thrived under O'Neill's system - he was able to burst forward from deep as we caught teams on the break.

They don't call me the Football Professor for nothing*. I think Gabby's general play is good enough and well-suited enough to do Ireland's job, or pretty close, but with the added bonus of pace and ability to score actual goals. Saying that, hope SI gets well soon, I like him as a player fwiw.

*or, indeed, at all.

I like Gabby, but he hasnt the footballing intelligence or ability with the ball at his feet to do what Ireland does.

Why not play Gabby in Ireland's spot, just with more free reign to play as a striker when required. That way you can play two of Weimann, Benteke and Bent. Delph, Herd, Bannan etc. will still get games.

Deffo - when Gabby's in the form he was in the other night he's not unlike Rooney in the role that he plays, running at defences from deep and bringing in the other striker.

I reckon it's why he thrived under O'Neill's system - he was able to burst forward from deep as we caught teams on the break.

They don't call me the Football Professor for nothing*. I think Gabby's general play is good enough and well-suited enough to do Ireland's job, or pretty close, but with the added bonus of pace and ability to score actual goals. Saying that, hope SI gets well soon, I like him as a player fwiw.

*or, indeed, at all.

I like Gabby, but he hasnt the footballing intelligence or ability with the ball at his feet to do what Ireland does.

I like Ireland but he doesn't have the footballing intelligence to be able to score a lot of goals and finish well like Gabby sometimes does (when fit and not played as a winger).

*or, indeed, at all.

Ireland hasn't done a single thing of note in a Villa shirt since the day he signed. Not fit to lace Agbonlahor's boots, in my opinion.

*or, indeed, at all.

Ireland hasn't done a single thing of note in a Villa shirt since the day he signed. Not fit to lace Agbonlahor's boots, in my opinion.

you're right he can't lace anything at the moment with a broken wrist.

lucky he has a girlfriend also.

*or, indeed, at all.

Personally, I reckon half the people on this forum could do what Ireland does.

So glad I can appreciate Ireland as a footballer, must look such a different sport to some people.

Like what? I can't remember a single top class performance from Ireland since he joined us. What's he done that's been so impressive to you?

He played pretty well against Chelsea away last season.

He bossed the Tranmere game this season.

He's not that bad. :P

This thread is about Agbonlahor, not Ireland.

I'm tired of getting excited about Agbonlahor. He has an excellent game, and then 10 bad games. I won't be fooled any longer. I expect nothing from him every game and then every so often he delivers 3 points. But he will never ever be a top class player, and whoever mentioned him in the same breath as Rooney:

P.L.E.A.S.E................!

both players are by and large good players for villa, but not at same time, for me its either or, cant have the same 2 at the same time. Ireland is an intelligent player, gabby is thick as ****. he will run and chase balls and occasionally do something with it, ireland will occasionally get a ball in a good position but do something with it. both flatter to deceive as footballers, but then if they were any better, man city or chelsea would have them warning there bench by now.....

This thread is about Agbonlahor, not Ireland.

I'm tired of getting excited about Agbonlahor. He has an excellent game, and then 10 bad games. I won't be fooled any longer. I expect nothing from him every game and then every so often he delivers 3 points. But he will never ever be a top class player, and whoever mentioned him in the same breath as Rooney:

P.L.E.A.S.E................!

This! I think he has been too undropable in the past for no good reason. He was fantastic against Man City but don't want him to have one or two more good games and do **** all for a stretch afterwards.

So glad I can appreciate Ireland as a footballer, must look such a different sport to some people.

Like what? I can't remember a single top class performance from Ireland since he joined us. What's he done that's been so impressive to you?

You clearly weren't up at Newcastle a few weeks ago. Another class to the other 21 players on the field.

I can't remember a single top class performance from Ireland since he joined us.

Chelsea away, last season.

That's the sum of it, in over 2 years and about £7m I wages.

A pathetic return.

But this is the gabby thread. Hope he plays tomorrow.

He tends to do well in the derbies.

Â