Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

• 3 weeks later...

His work rate tonight was a wonder to watch. Sprinting 20 yards just to close down a full back. He was doing it all night. A joy to watch and well deserving of his goal.

Great game by Gabby, shows how you can dominate a game with pace when you lack the technique to match it. Even though he makes poor passes and crap crosses most of the time, he has the pace and commitment (as well as strength) to cause havoc for most defences. That makes him vital no matter the lack of other important stuff. When Benteke got his hat-trick he didn't pass it, it was agent Cuellar that knocked it that way after a poor tackle. Also he should have scored in the first half but he missed an absolute sitter. Does it matter? Not when we win 6-1 obviously, but if the game was 1-1 after 90 minutes we would have been furious :)

Great goal though, showed real composure and made the right decision when an early shot easily could have been blocked by Mignolet.

Thought Aggy was a bit off form tonight, his touch, his shooting, his passing... but he kept working hard and was a leader in terms of his commitment. Deserved the goal at the end. 

Well done Gabby. You've had your doubters over the years but you are one of us and I am a proud fan of yours.

I think having those kids at the same time affected his game/mind for a while and that's probably natural. But, he's been back to his best lately and he's working his socks off for the team.

He worked his bollocks off once again tonight and did a hell of a lot of tracking back and chasing down. When the going gets tough Gabby always seems to have a habit of coming good and he has made a huge contribution this last 2-3 months.

Nice to see him break Yorkes record as well. I would love to see Benteke stay for another couple of seasons though and take it away from him!

He gets a lot of unnecessary shit on here and from Villa fans in general. Seeing him round the keeper to become our top PL goal scorer was a great moment.

I hope he is here for many seasons to come.

Â