Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Sorry to interrupt the Cher love-in. But something to remember is that he has kids with different women. One of the dads of one of these girls works for the same company as me, hates Gabby, said he's never had so much as a free ticket. But he does say Gabby is a good dad. These girls are not with him so if he moves clubs, he can't take his kids with him. I can't see him going unless it's a Midlands club and they all hate him because derby scoring is at least a specialty of his.

• Like 3

I just can't see any club in England taking a lazy player on excessive wages. For me the tipping point was him being deemed too unfit (for that read overweight) to be considered for selection. He is professional sportsman for heavens sake. Bad, bad attitude IMO. I would like to think he could change but sadly I doubt it even under the new management .

22 hours ago, 7392craig said:

Sorry to interrupt the Cher love-in. But something to remember is that he has kids with different women. One of the dads of one of these girls works for the same company as me, hates Gabby, said he's never had so much as a free ticket. But he does say Gabby is a good dad. These girls are not with him so if he moves clubs, he can't take his kids with him. I can't see him going unless it's a Midlands club and they all hate him because derby scoring is at least a specialty of his.

He hates him because he hasn't gotten free stuff out of him, despite the fact he also says he's a good father? Is Gabby even in a relationship with the daughter in question?

Your colleague sounds like a complete dick. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He hates him because he hasn't gotten free stuff out of him, despite the fact he also says he's a good father? Is Gabby even in a relationship with the daughter in question?

Was just thinking the same.

So he's more concerned with what he can get from gabby than how he treats the child he now looks after. No wonder footballers can be pricks at times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No it's more than that, he doesn't seem to like him much as a person, mostly because he more or less just got his daughter pregnant and didn't stay with her long, so no he's not in a relationship with her. But yes, I think he's a bit of a dick.

• Like 1

In my opinion, he has systematically ponced a lucrative living out of Aston Villa......and capitalised on the indecision every subsequent manager has had with him.

Good managers would have had him weighed up quickly.

one of the most over hyped players we have ever had.

its only his behaviour at the back end of his career with us that has told the real story of this limited player and brought to light the true Gabby Agbonlahor.

For me whilst he was scoring goals under O'Neill he was merely masking over his inadequacies as a complete player.

No other club has shown any real interest in him, during his whole career with us, for a player so revered for so long by the fans that is completely at odds with inevitably of the predatory nature of football.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm liking what I'm hearing from RDM regarding Gabby.  If you remove all the editorialising by the Brum Mail and concentrate on the direct quotes extracted below, it all very much leaves it up to Gabby to prove himself, and gives me the impression that RDM is in no hurry whatsoever to give any kind of preferential treatment to someone just because they're a senior figure.

“He still has a chance to feature.”

“Yes everyone has a chance [to feature this term]"

“Gabby is part of the group"

“If he is fit and wants to show the quality that he has, he has a chance.”

“It’s difficult to make a judgement about what happened in the past."

“He did the first part of pre-season and was fine."

“Then he picked up a new injury and hasn’t been able to do the second part."

“When fit and available he will be one of the players I could select.”

A lot of ifs,buts and maybe's.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

some of the most failed players in our history.......always had a chance.

RDM the new broom being as fair as he can. But even he must know that it's an awful long way back for Gabby with the fanbase. Even to risk him in a big game (and every game is a big game this season) is taking a hell of a chance, in that the odds are that the player will screw up and the fans will be incensed. That's not going to help anybody.

I can't see him risking it at VP. Maybe on the bench away from home, see how that goes for a month or two.

8 minutes ago, BigJim said:

RDM the new broom being as fair as he can. But even he must know that it's an awful long way back for Gabby with the fanbase. Even to risk him in a big game (and every game is a big game this season) is taking a hell of a chance, in that the odds are that the player will screw up and the fans will be incensed. That's not going to help anybody.

I can't see him risking it at VP. Maybe on the bench away from home, see how that goes for a month or two.

It seems ironic that after all this time......he is still on trial.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

It seems ironic that after all this time......he is still on trial.

Ironic indeed, but RDM has to be pragmatic, I think. If we are stuck with the player, may as well see if we can get some return from our investment. I'm sure most of us agree the chances are practically nil, but supposing Gabby puts the hard yards in during training and otherwise keeps his head down, RDM's open minded policy may just produce something.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm liking what I'm hearing from RDM regarding Gabby.  If you remove all the editorialising by the Brum Mail and concentrate on the direct quotes extracted below, it all very much leaves it up to Gabby to prove himself, and gives me the impression that RDM is in no hurry whatsoever to give any kind of preferential treatment to someone just because they're a senior figure.

“He still has a chance to feature.”

“Yes everyone has a chance [to feature this term]"

“Gabby is part of the group"

“If he is fit and wants to show the quality that he has, he has a chance.”

“It’s difficult to make a judgement about what happened in the past."

“He did the first part of pre-season and was fine."

“Then he picked up a new injury and hasn’t been able to do the second part."

“When fit and available he will be one of the players I could select.”

Sounds like he's accepted that nobody in their right mind is going to buy him, so we're lumped with him.

• Like 1

I'm sure the club are doing all they can but what else can they do if no one is coming in for these players? I think it's been well established that it's not viable to pay out the contracts so I'm not sure what else you expect to happen.

Edited by Ginko

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Precisely, and all dependent upon what Gabby does or does not do. Which is exactly as it should be. 

• Like 1

Â