Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Yep. I was fully expecting him to be substituted, certainly by the hour mark at the latest.

The only reason I can imagine in keeping him on was that despite the total lack of final product, he was at least finding himself in good positions to ultimately not deliver.

Perhaps sherwood felt that should another chance arise, it would have been taken.

Gabby should not be starting against Notts County, give some time to Ayew instead, get him further up to speed.

He wasnt great yesterday but I wouldnt drop him for Sunderland for the reason being its the only team and probably Liverpool that he has a great game against

And Norwich. Loves a goal against Norwich. And WBA.

Gabby has been poor in the last 3 games but to say he is the worst player on the pitch and like having 10 players is complete bullshit. Yes maybe he should be dropped but Sinclair and Ayew have been no better than Gabby but because they are new to the club they won't get the shit Gabby does.

If you look in the Jordan Ayew thread, you will see people completely writing him off after only two matches, so I don't think it's accurate to say that Gabby gets more shit than them because they're new. (Probably the same is true in the Sinclair thread, I haven't ventured in there.)

atleast with ayew i feel theres room for improvement. Gabby isnt suddenly going to turn into a world class player, hes peaked, mediocre at best and thats all we can expect from him in the future, atleast thats my opinion.

Rather play ayew, sinclair, gestede, kozak anybody with a pair of boots really. even if they might make more misstakes they might also turn into better players.

gabby should be a impact sub, bring him on in the later minutes of the game and abuse his speed, hes not going to be able to dribble past players, we already know that. I was pretty drunk at the weekend game, but im pretty sure i saw gabby trying to kick the ball but instead hit his own foot resulting in him falling over, starting to get a bit emberassing really. i hope i imagined that shit

Some really over the top comments on here.

Yes he's been poor but being called a complete loser and saying no one else would buy him?

Utter garbage.

really? Tell me one club who have seriously shown any interest/ linked with him in recent times? My mates are wolves fans who tell me they would be absolutely mortified if they were linked to him. This is coming from the Championship. Please the time to stop defending him is here. IMO

Some really over the top comments on here.

Yes he's been poor but being called a complete loser and saying no one else would buy him?

Utter garbage.

really? Tell me one club who have seriously shown any interest/ linked with him in recent times? My mates are wolves fans who tell me they would be absolutely mortified if they were linked to him. This is coming from the Championship. Please the time to stop defending him is here. IMO

Its unfair to call him a loser but I seriously doubt anyone in the PL would want him for obvious reasons. Most of us just don't get why he gets picked every game when by any sensible measure he is simply not good enough. He seems to lack the basic skills a PL footballer needs and he also seems singularly disinterested for large parts of games. I am not saying he can't be of value to us but at this point in time there are probably better options who are not getting starts.

133 posts. All of them in this thread.

• Like 3

Best finisher we have had this century. Our premier league top scorer. Hes too advanced in his thinking for every player hes played with. That makes him look bad. His football brain is even too quick for his feet. Thats impressive

• Like 4

must get his brains from his mother

Our striker isnt as successful as we wish him to be? Let's crack a joke about his mother.

Classy.

....its poor....There is a line to cross and thats crossing it....his personal life, is exactly that, nothing to do with his professional life.

It was 7 years ago almost to the day (Aug 17th) when he scored the striker's hat trick(left-foot, right-foot, header) against Man City. What a player you thought. Only managed 8 more for the season(goal numbers include all comps). Had has best season after that with 16 goals.

Then the last 5 seasons read:

5, 6, 12, 4, 6

You can say what you like about managers, injuries etc but those numbers are are just not good enough. 6.6 goals/season in all comps the last 5 from one of your main strikers.

It's his general attitude for the last few seasons, the way he carries himself like it's just a job and he's going through the motions. I went off him seasons ago and the odd game where he turns up and wins a game has worn off. It's like battered wife syndrome.

How many games has he actually played as striker in those seasons you've mentioned? If I recall correctly, we've pretty much always gone one up top in the Bent/Benteke years and Gabby has played wide.

6/7 a season seems like a decent return from a winger who plays the odd game up top. Unlike a lot of strikers, he's never padded his figures with penalties either.

There is a reason he hasn't been played as a striker though,,see his Bournemouth performance.
Here here; the whole played as a wide man theory is more than a little tiresome now. IMO he's simply no better when played down the middle.
Dougs stance on this reassures me that my opinion of gabby is right....he is terrible

Did you seriously just call me out when I'm not even in the quote chain?

Typical nose, obsessssssed.

Well pencil in his one good week of form this season:

WBA (H)

SHA (H)

Liverpool (A)

All in 7 days,

I am going to be so filled with hatred for that period of time.

Hate week. I'm going to be a ball of pent up fury throughout.

Absolute minimum 6 points and 4th round or Tim Out.

• Like 1

Â