Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

If you look at Callum Wilson and his approach to his job today and then look at Gabby there seems to be a massive difference in hunger.....Gabby has far more experience to capitalise from.....I just don't get it.

He really does need to sharpen up his game.....He looks overweight to me.

Wilson was playing on the shoulder of the last man and really working his opposite number and any errors he was on to them like a ferret up a drain pipe.

This damp squib approach needs to stop.....it all looks so half soaked.

Edited by TRO

It wasn't for lack of trying yesterday but his general lack of quality cost him. Made a great run to get into a good scoring position but you have to finish chances like that. I think Ayew or Sinclair would have finished that. 

Would honestly have rather kept Weimann over Gabby. Weimann was cheaper, younger, and at least ran his butt off all match. Weimann may have lacked skill, but he made good runs and caused trouble. Agbonlahor got himself in 2 good spots in 90 minutes, and messed up both of them. 

• Like 1

2 things vs Palace summed him up:

- Clear through, tries to cross with the left foot but the right foot gets in the way: Goalkick

- Clear and obvious handball late in the game, but even then he  can't control the football: Free kick

He offers nothing. Adama is faster, more skillful and has scored more goals in 20 minutes of play than Gabby has for the last what? 10 full league games?

Bench is too good for him.

• Like 1

The problem is, gabby is our only 'experienced' striker in a newly formed team that needs a little experience from an 'old head'.

Unfortunately however many appearances he may have made, gabby somehow fails to produce the goods and doesn't appear to have learnt anything from all those games.

Person all, I'd play Sinclair in that role out of our current stock. Just ad quick but a little more clinical and capable in front of goal.

I still think he has a good role with us from the bench. Really handy plan b weapon.

Just need a starter striker to get some of the pressure off him.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I can't think of many occasions where he would come off the bench and make a difference. Maybe when he was 18/19 really eager and raw...but it has long gone.

He isn't intelligent to come on the pitch, settle in and make a difference in my opinion.

• Like 4

I still think he has a good role with us from the bench. Really handy plan b weapon.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I can't think of many occasions where he would come off the bench and make a difference. Maybe when he was 18/19 really eager and raw...but it has long gone.

He isn't intelligent to come on the pitch, settle in and make a difference in my opinion.

Although its obviously not as good as it once was Gabby still has pace;  This alligned to a great deal of experience would be a godsend to have as an option from the bench.

We are not exactly brimming with attacking options currently, so anything that can change a defenders mindset would be a welcome addition.

He lacks the wit and finishing to be a regular starter but he is not as bad as most are making out atm.

• Like 1

I do wonder sometimes what we really mean by 'experience' and how it really translates to performances. I think what we talk about is game intelligence and maturity, but I think it's possible to have that at any age, and also possible to never pick it up.

I don't know if Gabby's 'experience' is at all beneficial to us on the pitch.

• Like 1

Although its obviously not as good as it once was Gabby still has pace; This alligned to a great deal of experience would be a godsend to have as an option from the bench.

We are not exactly brimming with attacking options currently, so anything that can change a defenders mindset would be a welcome addition.

He lacks the wit and finishing to be a regular starter but he is not as bad as most are making out atm.

We have players who are just as fast who offer alot more

Although its obviously not as good as it once was Gabby still has pace;  This alligned to a great deal of experience would be a godsend to have as an option from the bench.

But what does all this experience actually add to his game?  Absolutely nothing, would far far far rather have a 20 something year old kid who has some technical ability and hunger, who wants to make a name for himself.

I'd say in reality Gabby's vast PL and club experience manifests itself by him being at least 5kg overweight, gives him a sense of entitlement knowing that no matter what he does (or doesn't do...), he's guaranteed a spot in squad and in most cases in the first XI, his ​experience means he earns problem 30k a week more than his actual worth in the market.

Please don't use him being experienced as an excuse or reason to keep playing him, just doesn't wash.

At best his pace should be used as an impact sub for 30 / 20 mins to go simply to run a defence and try to unsettle sides.  It's really all he is good for these days, and that a level of expectation I can live with.

Giving him a start and expecting him to score goals each week, sorry we're all going to disappointed as we have been for the last few years now...

And we have plenty of attacking options at the moment, we've just signed two forwards, already have Sinclair, Kozak is back, Gil should be ready soon. 

Edited by tylerreznik

The problem is, gabby is our only 'experienced' striker in a newly formed team that needs a little experience from an 'old head'.

But his experience is mostly shit. He's one of the bunch of losers that doesn't know how to win that Sherwood kept banging on about at the end of the season.

• Like 2

The epitome of the word loser. He symbolises the past and an attitude the manager seemingly wants to move the club away from. Comfort zone , below average , that's all we should settle for footballer. Made an incredible living from the game far more than his skills merit. Needs removing from the team and the club as soon as possible

• Like 3

Â