Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I feel a bit sorry for the One DIrection guy to be honest. He played in a charity match, and probably helped add a reasonable chunk to the amount raised, so fair play to him. He got hit by a professional athlete, and although puking up as a result is a bit sad (and funny as ****), he now looks like a total wimp. Now, a lot of the reporting is is not having a go at Gabby, so this kinds reflects badly on him.

BUT - he should have come out ( :rolleyes: ) by now and told his 'fans' that they are acting like morons and taking the gloss off the day. He hasn't to my knowledge, so can I assume he would prefer to allow this stupid situation than criticise a few idiots as the latter may cost him a few quid.

I'm going to guess this is aimed at me for what I said (due to the rolling eyes), but I don't see what's so ridiculous in what I said. Yes, Gabby probably won't have a single hair on his head touched and the threats are mostly empty, I'm not worrying about that. The fact of the matter is, and it's completely OT now, this is not the first time these 'fans' have sent out death threats to people, and it's often to normal people who happen to criticise the band, and it ruins their life as they get constant abuse for a throwaway comment. Gabby will be able to handle it and nothing will come of it, however the only way to stop these 'fans' from acting in such a vile way is for them to get a little scare from their parents/police or if their 'heroes' tell them it's not the right way to behave.

Obviously what I said is laughable though, and just cause they won't follow through with their threats we should just let them behave like little shits and get away with it  :rolleyes:

I read it as the 1D guy should come out (of the closet) i.e. admit he's a bit fruity. 

I feel a bit sorry for the One DIrection guy to be honest. He played in a charity match, and probably helped add a reasonable chunk to the amount raised, so fair play to him. He got hit by a professional athlete, and although puking up as a result is a bit sad (and funny as ****), he now looks like a total wimp. Now, a lot of the reporting is is not having a go at Gabby, so this kinds reflects badly on him.

BUT - he should have come out ( :rolleyes: ) by now and told his 'fans' that they are acting like morons and taking the gloss off the day. He hasn't to my knowledge, so can I assume he would prefer to allow this stupid situation than criticise a few idiots as the latter may cost him a few quid.

I'm going to guess this is aimed at me for what I said (due to the rolling eyes), but I don't see what's so ridiculous in what I said. Yes, Gabby probably won't have a single hair on his head touched and the threats are mostly empty, I'm not worrying about that. The fact of the matter is, and it's completely OT now, this is not the first time these 'fans' have sent out death threats to people, and it's often to normal people who happen to criticise the band, and it ruins their life as they get constant abuse for a throwaway comment. Gabby will be able to handle it and nothing will come of it, however the only way to stop these 'fans' from acting in such a vile way is for them to get a little scare from their parents/police or if their 'heroes' tell them it's not the right way to behave.

Obviously what I said is laughable though, and just cause they won't follow through with their threats we should just let them behave like little shits and get away with it  :rolleyes:

I read it as the 1D guy should come out (of the closet) i.e. admit he's a bit fruity. 

Maybe, and apologies to Pez if I mis-read it, but i've noticed a lot of the comments on the last page seem to be making fun of my post, at least that's what it seemed to me as the post mocking the fan's threats came after.

The death threats are unacceptable and I don't care who they came from.  As much as we can take the piss out of them being 13 year old girls incapable of following through on the threats they have made, there is no telling how this is making Gabby feel or indeed his family.  He has a bunch of young kids, do you think they feel safe with all this vitriol flying about?  Are they able to understand that the threats probably aren't real. 

I recall in the news lately the lady that campaigned for women to be included on English bank notes received a bunch of rape threats and some pretty horrible abuse.  That was properly investigated and I think one person got arrested (recall may not be 100% on this).  for my money the same needs to be done here.  I don't want to see any 13 yr old girls going to jail or anything silly like that, but a stern talking to about future behavior from the authorities would seem proportionate.  if it turns out that some of the abuse came from those a little older and should know better (I also recall laughing at the mums that got into a fight at the 1D movie premier trying to get a better view) then they should get a warning. 

At the end of the day who is to say that there is not one genuine deranged nutter out there in amongst the hysteria who actually means it.  Gabby does not deserve what is happening to him and this shit needs stamping on.  Equally it degrades us for taking the mick out of he 1d kid who got injured.  He's playing in the Stan charity match for gods sake, I can't think of much more he can do to endear himself to us, yet because some of his fans are morons he is getting a bunch of stick.  I hope he can come out and tell his fans to calm the hell down, but otherwise fair play to the chap.

he is probably still in bits from the game to have energy to type anything on twitter :P

there is no telling how this is making Gabby feel

:lol: I'm sure he'll pull through. He's the proverbial duck's back and it's coated in proverbial NeverWet spray.

Judging by his hashtag responses on keek he's enjoying stoking the fire. #thewaterinmytapisharder was pretty funny.

there is no telling how this is making Gabby feel

:lol: I'm sure he'll pull through. He's the proverbial duck's back and it's coated in proverbial NeverWet spray.

Judging by his hashtag responses on keek he's enjoying stoking the fire. #thewaterinmytapisharder was pretty funny.

Bless Gabby, he is ace. 

I showed my 1D mad 12 yo the video of him Spewing. She was not impressed that we found humor in it.

She would have been even less impressed if the injury had forced the cancelation of their Perth concerts in 3 weeks time!!!

Absolutely THIS. The guy obviously fancies himself as a footballer, what with this Doncaster stunt and being in the Petrov game. Nothing wrong with that, fair play to him. BUT if you want to play with the big boys you play to big boys' rules. You get hit, you take it and carry on. Anybody who's played at any level knows that when you get clattered it hurts, we've all been there. If you can't hack it, fine, make way for somebody who can - there's no shame in that. But I shouldn't be saying this, HE should - to his silly little fans: "It's a man's game, I'm proud to have had a go, and now I realise what standard these pro's are at. I'm just proud to have been on the pitch with players like Agbonlahor - now get off his back, it's the way sport is". 

If he really lines up for Donny against Scunthorpe reserves next week, he's in for a shock. Perhaps he ought to get his sick note ready now, because I don't think he's up to it. 

• Like 1

It was obviously done on purpose, he has a smile on his face and when do you ever see a challenge like that in a charity match (apart from Boris Johnson)

He's gone even further up in my estimation, give him a knighthood.

I don't like their music, but I've got nothing against the guy. Fair play to him for doing a bit of charity work in aid of such a bad topic as cancer.

Ok a little too much of the publicity afterwards went towards him and not the correct places, but he didn't ask for it.

• Like 1

I don't like their music, but I've got nothing against the guy. Fair play to him for doing a bit of charity work in aid of such a bad topic as cancer.

Ok a little too much of the publicity afterwards went towards him and not the correct places, but he didn't ask for it.

Nor did he come out to say what it was about or how what people are doing is wrong. Probably doesn't want to miss out on the Saville perks he gets.

man I feel old. After I explained to my 13 year old daughter how he crocked Louis but then passed to someone from westlife, she said who's westlife

The funny thing is in 10 years time kids her age will be asking "Who's One Direction?"

Â