Cardiff City

The_Rev

That'd never be allowed to happen at a well-run club like ours...

It would certainly make for an interesting discussion if someone was slagging off Lerner while defending Tan though wouldn't it :)

https://vine.co/v/h9xK3xTuVEL

Sums up his attitude in around 3 seconds for me.

As opposed to fans who boo their own team?

I don't like the man, but I found this amusing more than I found it offensive.

I didn't particularly find it offensive. Just in that it sums up his attitude towards his own team really.

And that attitude can be described as...?

The owner of a football club publically booing his players is not the same as a fan booing the players no matter how someone wants to make it out. Owners who try to be fans or act like fans usually come across as stupid. See Mike Ashley and he actually is a fan. I know Randy probably goes too much the other way but I'd rather have the quiet unassuming type than the jersey-wearing fool in the stands.

• Like 1

Oh I agree, it looked stupid. That's why I said it looked amusing.

But I struggle to see what it tells us about his attitude towards the club he owns.

Edited by legov

Attitude towards the club is elsewhere. I'd be more concerned with the maturity of someone who thinks it's OK to do that. Different things but all add up to a shall-we-say outwardly emotionally-immature individual :)

Attitude towards the club is elsewhere. I'd be more concerned with the maturity of someone who thinks it's OK to do that. Different things but all add up to a shall-we-say outwardly emotionally-immature individual :)

I agree. I think some people are looking at his actions in isolation and can maybe find ways to justify each, but when you add everything up its clear (imo) that this guy is stark raving bonkers.

I don't know, like I said I met quite a few people back in high school who were just like him, behaviour-wise. I wouldn't call them bonkers, but I certainly did find them quite unlikable.

Okay, maybe immaturitys the right word. :)

I like Vincent Tan, think its because he gave a few funny interviews earlier in the season or because he looks like a Bond villain but he is entertaining for the Premier League.

saying that I wouldnt want him anywhere near Villa :D

• Like 2

It would certainly make for an interesting discussion if someone was slagging off Lerner while defending Tan though wouldn't it :)

Be interesting to see the long term damage it does to the club. They haven't hired a past it manager with health issues so better decision than what we did.

Be interesting to see the long term damage it does to the club. They haven't hired a past it manager with health issues so better decision than what we did.

they hired a manager with limited experience, OGS record in Norway really has no bearing on what he is capable of in England. He wont have the same benefits he got from Man Utd and Fergie while at Cardiff

But he wasn't working under the circumstances Mackay had to suffer at Cardiff.  There seems to be a wave of people who gleefully like to point out that Mackay's results had been poor this season, but really, how the **** was all the insane stuff going on behind the scenes not going to affect his performance? 

Mackay was clearly being undermined at Cardiff which would make it near impossible to do his job as The_Rev clearly points out. 

Anyway, the amount of money Mackay spent has surely been of set somewhat by the amount of money the premier league brings in?

People saying Tan is alright and Mackay should have been sacked are almost as mental as Tan. Are you forgetting he suspended one of Mackay's backroom staff for no reason and replaced him with  a 23 year old friend of his own son, who it turns out didn't have his visa sorted out.

It's a circus, and Tan is the ringmaster.

People saying Tan is alright and Mackay should have been sacked are almost as mental as Tan. Are you forgetting he suspended one of Mackay's backroom staff for no reason and replaced him with a 23 year old friend of his own son, who it turns out didn't have his visa sorted out.

It's a circus, and Tan is the ringmaster.

Yeah, but all that's okay because they've got a flavour of the month manager coming in and they're going to spend £30 million in January.

I'm sure some fans would allow their club colours to be turned fuchsia, for the stadium to be renamed the Glitzy Glamour Arena, and for a compulsory rodding to take place every time they enter the turnstiles as long as their chairman spends lots of money.

Â