Cardiff City

The_Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Jo Inge Berget is supposedly going to Cardiff as well. Not sure about this one, I thought he was one who could make it but he has really looked poor lately. Pretty surprised by this, not only because I think he will struggle but that he brings in so many norwegians....

Berget has signed for Cardiff. And yet again more money to agent Jim Solbakken, who is OGS' best friend.

I think OGS is making it difficult for himself. Both regarding the quality of his signings and the Jim Solbakken story. Setting himself up to fail.

Solskjær is pretty much showing exactly what I felt he was going to do.

Being a good manager in Norway is easy, especially when you have the money to sign virtually every good player in the league. The problem arises when you take your Premier League club down to the bottom of the league and sign three Norwegians who aren't remotely good enough for this league. Dæhli has very high potential ability, but he is way too young to make an impact this year.

Wolff Eikrem - Very limited. Can pass the ball around 5 yards from side to side, but lacks everything else in terms of adventure and killer instinct. No pace, afraid to do mistakes.

Dæhli - Extremely talented, but Cardiff is never the club for such a player. Would have thrived at Arsenal or United, but at Cardiff he is never going to develop his primary technical ability.

Berget - Are you kidding me, signing this guy as well? He is way off Premier League-level and will never reach it.

I wish Solskjær all the best, but none of these signings are what he needed and I think his naive "passing"-attempt will fail because poor players lose games when they try to dominate games. I am not saying he should take the Lambert-approach by letting the other team do everything, but I feel they will let in a whole lot of goals on the counter because they have too many over midfield.

Impressive debut by Dæhli, looked like he could handle this tempo, even though it was bolton. Bit surprised he did it so good quickly, will be interesting to follow him. Might rise to the top if he keeps progressing. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â