All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Always expect the unexpected. That's what my driving instructor tells me anyway.

This is confusing. If you expect the unexpected, then the unexpectected is no longer unexpected ( because you're expecting it).

But if you're expecting the unexpected, then what about the expected? - you wouldn't be expecting that - because you'd be spending your time expecting the unexpected instead. So then the expected would not be expected, it would become unexpected. But you're expecting the unexpected, so all your expectations would ultimately fail to materialise and your expectations would be dashed. It's all so ultimately disappointing, as we've come to expect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

This is confusing. If you expect the unexpected, then the unexpectected is no longer unexpected ( because you're expecting it).

But if you're expecting the unexpected, then what about the expected? - you wouldn't be expecting that - because you'd be spending your time expecting the unexpected instead. So then the expected would not be expected, it would become unexpected. But you're expecting the unexpected, so all your expectations would ultimately fail to materialise and your expectations would be dashed. It's all so ultimately disappointing, as we've come to expect.

Don't confuse me like that again or you will get some warning points ;)

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just been looking through one of my sons school books that he writes in. There was a bit about Jesus dying on the cross that he'd written. I've just asked him about jesus and he's just told me a bit about him and how they watch films about him.

Indoctrination works :bang: 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blandy said:

My driving instructor, when it came to the 'reversing round a corner' manoeuvre, told me to 'turn the wheel sooner than what you think'. 

Quite apart from the questionable grammar, it begged the question: how will I know when that is until I've thought it? (At which point it would be too late). 

So many imponderables... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Whilst we are in the subject of cars, I wonder what car god drove.

I think it was a Dolomite 1500.

From memory, Moses went up a hill for a word with God and came back down in his Triumph.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Whilst we are in the subject of cars, I wonder what car god drove.

It certainly wasn't a Lamborghini Diablo. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If we stopped letting immigrants into Britain from places where theocracy and terrorism were the norm , Pat Condell would still be in Dublin.:D

I think there are better things on youtube than Pat Condell.

This video of a bus for example.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Â