All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

I would say he is an idiot, and so is evry other person who believes in this nonsense.

I would not call myself religious,although I have preyed before and every now and again I do mark the cross on my kids head when they are asleep in bed and mutter the words god bless whilst I'm doing it. There is a lot of bad in religion but surely it's not fair to call people idiots who believe in it. People do some evil things in the name of religion, but religion has saved some people's lives, so are they idiots for taking up religion? I believe in a higher power and that this life is not our only journey, so maybe I am more religious than I think.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

28 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It is good that people of different faiths should be exchanging views at Speakers' Corner but all the taunts about goat herding and calling the guy's religion shit, is not going to achieve any understanding.

I found him to be very rude and he liked the sound of his voice a bit too much.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

... I have preyed before and every now and again I do mark the cross on my kids...

Is there something you're trying to tell us? :detect:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The Vatican has declared that bread used in the Eucharist cannot be gluten free :wacko:

2 things. Given Catholic belief is that the bread literally turns into the body of Christ when eaten, why is gluten a conduit for that?

And does that mean if you have coeliac disease, Catholicism is now a much more difficult undertaking? Does the Church not care followers might have a problem with gluten?

• Like 1

Â