General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

It seems a matter of time before Lambert says the same (he's come pretty close already)

If its going to be done soon its going to KMAC or someone out of work.

You're jumping to multiple conclusions there.

Exactly.. Martinez probably wanted it but we never came in for him. I think our targets are Lambert, Benitez and AVB.

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

It seems a matter of time before Lambert says the same (he's come pretty close already)

That all depends on what you believe

There was never an offer for OGS, there was discussion, that is it.

We only have Gobshite Whelan's word for it that we even approached Wigan and even that is the tenuous Martinez had permission to speak to LFC and Villa", it doesn't actually say we'd approached him for permission, just that he'd have goven permission if RM wanted to speak to us. For the Record, I think we did want RM, I'm also half convinced that RM is staying at WIgan to spite Whelan, given his gobshite antics in trying to push the compo deal up the last few weeks.

Lambert has changed his tune, more than once so far, if he's even on the radar right now is anyone's guess.

I'm just wondering how it will play out now, popular theory has it that Liverpool situation was causing a log jam for us, well today's evidence suggests otherwise, if he didn't want to come here, he knew that regardless of the LFC job

Its an interesting situation, I'm almost past caring who it is but the game of few words is fascinating

Apologies - my dad was obvs pulling my leg D:

Indeed all the ITKs have been fed stories!

None are relaible tbh.

Yes they have been pretty useless on this search :lol:

I recon it's a lot harder to be in the know about a manager search. I think managers will keep things close to their chest until they sign where as players, who are younger and more naive, are willing to blab to their mates about moving clubs so news gets out.

FWIW, the other half has spoken to Michael Foulger at NCFC again today and he's still firm on his stance that there has been no approach from Villa for Lambert.

Not expecting to fess up if there had been an approach really, but that's straight from the horses mouth.

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

I just don't see it being Lambert. - be an out of work guy or Mcdonald. Hope it is Lambert

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

I just don't see it being Lambert. - be an out of work guy or Mcdonald. Hope it is Lambert

That's fair enough, but there are plenty of other people out there besides Lambert.

Again:

@BenSmithBBC: Martinez is a fantastic young coach. But with both #LFC and #AVFC going with other options, his choices were limited.

Martinez is one of the most overrated managers around! People just buy into the end of season antics. Noone says hes good when his team is in the relegation zone for 3/4 of the season,so im glad hes staying put.

I hope that tweet is true that we have gone with another option because if its false info then i think we are running out of options.

Again:

@BenSmithBBC: Martinez is a fantastic young coach. But with both #LFC and #AVFC going with other options, his choices were limited.

Martinez is one of the most overrated managers around! People just buy into the end of season antics. Noone says hes good when his team is in the relegation zone for 3/4 of the season,so im glad hes staying put.

I hope that tweet is true that we have gone with another option because if its false info then i think we are running out of options.

I think both OGS and Martinez were eminently gettable, but we didn't offer either the job. I'm hoping / guessing that we have someone already lined up and the board consider him to be of a higher calibre than those two.

Now what the board consider to be of a higher calibre is another debate all together ....

Exactly how I feel

Again:

I think both OGS and Martinez were eminently gettable, but we didn't offer either the job. I'm hoping / guessing that we have someone already lined up and the board consider him to be of a higher calibre than those two.

Now what the board consider to be of a higher calibre is another debate all together ....

Ye i agree they were gettable but with OGS i think we reacted to the situation to slow as usual, should of struck when the iron was hot after he expressed an intrest in the job.

Our board worry me after last year, you just dont know what there planning.

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

That's fair enough, but there are plenty of other people out there besides Lambert.

There are....but there are few, if any, that can match his achievements in the last few years.

I do not want to get too hopeful though.

I would be astounded if we got him and it turned out Liverpool did not even make an approach for him.

Again:

I'm not sure you realise how small a club Wigan are. There are bigger clubs, with bigger fan bases currently playing in League 2. It is Wigan, it's not a footballing place to sustain their status in one of the best leagues in the world is a tough job, for anyone.

Martinez IS a good young coach; he has the right temperament and tactical insight and will improve. Most summers Wigan have their top players taken from them or their loans return to their parent clubs, each summer is a huge rebuilding process for them, this goes to explain why they pick up over the course of a season.

I think Martinez deserves huge praise for sticking with a philosophy, it could be so easy for any manager to play it safe, stick to a rigid 4-4-2 and scrap their way out of battles. Martinez has proven that he has the character and belief to go with a modern 3-4-3, get his players training hard to adapt to it and then get it working and beating the likes of Man.Utd, Arsenal and whoever else they beat in their superb end of season form.

I don't know what some people expect of him.