General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

It seems a matter of time before Lambert says the same (he's come pretty close already)

If its going to be done soon its going to KMAC or someone out of work.

That all depends on what you believe

There was never an offer for OGS, there was discussion, that is it.

We only have Gobshite Whelan's word for it that we even approached Wigan and even that is the tenuous Martinez had permission to speak to LFC and Villa", it doesn't actually say we'd approached him for permission, just that he'd have goven permission if RM wanted to speak to us. For the Record, I think we did want RM, I'm also half convinced that RM is staying at WIgan to spite Whelan, given his gobshite antics in trying to push the compo deal up the last few weeks.

Lambert has changed his tune, more than once so far, if he's even on the radar right now is anyone's guess.

I'm just wondering how it will play out now, popular theory has it that Liverpool situation was causing a log jam for us, well today's evidence suggests otherwise, if he didn't want to come here, he knew that regardless of the LFC job

Its an interesting situation, I'm almost past caring who it is but the game of few words is fascinating

Club clearly stated not waiting on Liverpool appointment.

Faulkner has close contacts with Norwich City as his dad used to own them and is still involved. We're most likely tapping Lambert up from the inside.

The last manager we took from the canaries wasn't too bad was he? And the one before him!

The fact that no-one has a clue about any of this makes me think that the board are very happy with how things are going. If they pull off a good signing they can be very happy with the way it's all panned out.

Good point,lets hope it is third time lucky,have some faith in the Board this time & give them the chance to deliver

Faulkner has close contacts with Norwich City as his dad used to own them and is still involved. We're most likely tapping Lambert up from the inside.

The last manager we took from the canaries wasn't too bad was he? And the one before him!

I will clutch at any straw at the minute.

He would be the dream appointment.

Wolves and West Brom have went totally leftfield with their appointments which does make me wonder if we will do something similar?!! OGS was a nod in that direction!

Those saying "so and so isn't going to like being second in line" really need to stop. No one is second in line as no one has been offered a job. We talked to OGS but didn't offer him anything, we don't even know if we talked to Martinez and we certainly didn't offer him anything.. Lambert is getting approached just like we may have approached AVB or Benitez.. Everyone is getting a chance to be heard before we decide and no one is second in line, if a manager thinks that and gets all agitated they don't belong at this club simple as that..

I think we can expect things to accelerate a bit more now the Liverpool situation is cleared up. I'd be a bit narked if Poyet went to Swansea and we ended up with someone shit, but I have a feeling we won't be disappointed with whoever it is. There are certainly enough decent candidates.

Again:

@BenSmithBBC: Martinez is a fantastic young coach. But with both #LFC and #AVFC going with other options, his choices were limited.

Martinez is one of the most overrated managers around! People just buy into the end of season antics. Noone says hes good when his team is in the relegation zone for 3/4 of the season,so im glad hes staying put.

I hope that tweet is true that we have gone with another option because if its false info then i think we are running out of options.

I'm not sure you realise how small a club Wigan are. There are bigger clubs, with bigger fan bases currently playing in League 2. It is Wigan, it's not a footballing place to sustain their status in one of the best leagues in the world is a tough job, for anyone.

Martinez IS a good young coach; he has the right temperament and tactical insight and will improve. Most summers Wigan have their top players taken from them or their loans return to their parent clubs, each summer is a huge rebuilding process for them, this goes to explain why they pick up over the course of a season.

I think Martinez deserves huge praise for sticking with a philosophy, it could be so easy for any manager to play it safe, stick to a rigid 4-4-2 and scrap their way out of battles. Martinez has proven that he has the character and belief to go with a modern 3-4-3, get his players training hard to adapt to it and then get it working and beating the likes of Man.Utd, Arsenal and whoever else they beat in their superb end of season form.

I don't know what some people expect of him.

I do realise how small of a club wigan are. But i dont really agree with your point about his philosophy, You saying about getting his players working and beating Man utd, Arsenal in their superb end of season form sums up my point exactly. Its all about his end of season form, his team are awful for nearly the whole season every season. so his philosophy and getting his team working hard are not exactly superb for the most part when there in the bottom 3 for a huge chunk of the season are they?

If they wanted lambert they would have had him by now in my opinion. Get ready for another dodgyleft field appointment fellow villans.

Really hope i am proved wrong on lambert but i can`t see the logic in leaving it this long.

The fact that no-one has a clue about any of this makes me think that the board are very happy with how things are going. If they pull off a good signing they can be very happy with the way it's all panned out.

Good point,lets hope it is third time lucky,have some faith in the Board this time & give them the chance to deliver

Eh?? Most of us showed faith the last 2 times. We gave them chance to deliver. The same thing is happening - absolutely nothing!!

Why does everyone think something amazing is going on behind closed doors? If we wait another 4 weeks of this shite will Mourinho be unveiled or summit?

Fair enough, I have no idea whats happening so I cant be sure were not going to be pleased but lets face it, we can only go on what we know - and that is - that they usually make an arse of it

I've been telling you I have a gut-feeling that the board is looking manager from outside UK, and will probably pleasantly surprise all doubters ;D
I'd love this to be true but the way the last few years have gone I can't help but fear the worst! AVB or ML would be 'pleasant surprise's'... Of epic proportions! But I can't help feel like we will be let down... Again :(