General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Lambert shades it ahead of Martinez for me. He just seems more suited to B6.
What do you mean by that exactly?
Haha I had a feeling that would get picked up. Hard to explain. He might be less of a risk than Martinez. People expecting root and branch change are unrealistic IMO. Lambert might be the better manager to get results from the deadwood we're saddled with for 2012/13.
But we need root and branch change. For how long are we going to sit here and say "revolution is unrealistic. we need to work with the cloggers"?

Dale Johnson ‏@dalejohnsonESPN

Dave Whelan: Roberto Martinez pledges future to Wigan Athletic. Had concerns about working under director of football. #avfc #wafc #lfc

Didn't anyone tell him we don't have a director of football.

Who's to say he was our no.1 choice?

So looks like it's down to Lambert, Poyet, Rafa, who really knows that to be fair. Have been wanting Lambert since Houllier so if it does happen i'll be more than happy.

I had to laugh at this tweet as well...

Mike Coles ‏@MikeColesUTV

Dave Whelan has given Aston Villa permission to talk to Norwich manager Paul Lambert #AVFC

BTW,,,,,

If the news of Graham Taylor resigning at Watford today is true ...I wonder IF PF & RL have listened and are indeed going to appoint a footballing

brain at AVFC.

Just what's needed IMHO.

Never had a VT retweet, cheers Julie haha

**** Me. Nobody wants this bag of shit job do they.

So are you saying that RM has turned Villa down?

Not sure that's the case at all.

How do you know that we've been interested in other candidates and not awaiting Liverpool's cast offs?

Wait did I say Martinez? I meant Lambert.

Villa are like the desperate fat bloke near closing time at the club.

"What the hot blonde has left? Oh, well I always liked the mousy girl in the corner. What? Oh well let me talk to the lass with the gammy eye behind the bar. What she doesnt like me?"

8)

Lambert shades it ahead of Martinez for me. He just seems more suited to B6.
What do you mean by that exactly?
Haha I had a feeling that would get picked up. Hard to explain. He might be less of a risk than Martinez. People expecting root and branch change are unrealistic IMO. Lambert might be the better manager to get results from the deadwood we're saddled with for 2012/13.
But we need root and branch change. For how long are we going to sit here and say "revolution is unrealistic. we need to work with the cloggers"?
I agree that we need it. Problem is the high earners, specifically in defence, are likely to be here for another season.

Lambert is a far better prospect than Martinez. 26% win ratio at Wigan for crying out loud. Massively overrated manager.

If I took my local Sunday team into the Premiership and had a 26% win rate, that doesn't mean I suck, it means I'm **** awesome.

I know you like your stats, but sometimes they can be very misleading.

Rodgers probably looks better to you in one of your spreadsheets because of the win ratio, whereas it doesn't consider the Division they are in, the opposition they are facing or the resources available.

I'd take Martinez all day any day. I'd take Lambert too, or Poyet.

Please be one of these three...

Why would anyone be upset we are not getting RM it seems he has turned us down twice where is passion to do the job which we need.

Anyone now worried with only Lambert left seemingly in the running if he turns us down we will get another McLeish, especially looking at our boards track record

Why would anyone be upset we are not getting RM it seems he has turned us down twice where is passion to do the job which we need.

Anyone now worried with only Lambert left seemingly in the running if he turns us down we will get another McLeish, especially looking at our boards track record

I don't like this "hoping it's Lambert". It's destined to be someone shit now given our boards track record!

Hoping it's Lambert though :lol:

**** Me. Nobody wants this bag of shit job do they.

So are you saying that RM has turned Villa down?

Not sure that's the case at all.

How do you know that we've been interested in other candidates and not awaiting Liverpool's cast offs?

Just basically saying hes clearly not interested in villa whether he has spoken to us or not.

This is the third year running you and others (including me) have consistently said be patient as if some gem is about to be unearthed.

I hope Im wrong but it screams what the last 2 appointments screamed. Overwhelming dissapointment.