General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Slightly risky, and not the big name that the fans will be wanting but time will tell. Could be a great appointment for them.

Hopefully not, though Smile

Sacked by Reading in December 2009 - now manager of Liverpool football club.... not bad going.

I hadn't realised what an inexperienced and untested manager Rodgers is, this was from less that two years ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/8417263.stm

Yep.

I've never been keen on the idea of Rodgers coming to Villa. A lot of the groundwork which his Swansea team has been built on what implemented by Martinez. Rogers has gone there and it seems to have worked for him. But will he be able to come to a club like Villa or Liverpool and change the foundations there? I'm not convinced.

Though, he's better than McLeish that's for sure. If he hadn't of gone to Liverpool i'd wish him the best of luck, but seeing as though he's at Liverpool... well... I hope they fail. :lol:

I hope those people criticising the c.v of brendan rodgers are not the same people who creamed in their jeans over OGS.

That would be amusing indeed.

Why? The two aren't really comparable well you look at it more in-depth.

OGS went to a club and completely transformed the way they play football.

Rodgers went to a club which was very well into the transition.

It's completely different.

My dad is saying something is going to happen tonight with Martinez. All we can do is wait and see.

I hope your dad is right because I think that Martinez would be great for Villa. However, I have the feeling that your dad is pulling your plonker.

Tbh I don't even believe him - but i'll pass on the information from his "source" nonetheless.

You don't believe your own Dad. :P

He's tricked me before about things! He seemed more serious about this one though. Using the old line:

'well believe what you want'

When i questioned him about the reliability of it all

The most remarkable thing about that article is that "chief scout Brian McDermott" took over from him. The man who has just guided them to the Prem. Just goes to show you. You never know how good someone is til you give them a chance.

I hope those people criticising the c.v of brendan rodgers are not the same people who creamed in their jeans over OGS.

The most remarkable thing about that article is that "chief scout Brian McDermott" took over from him. The man who has just guided them to the Prem. Just goes to show you. You never know how good someone is til you give them a chance.

Same with Adkins, who was scunny physio, I think!

Disappointing to miss out on Rodgers. I had dreams of us playing good possession style football. Still I wont be that upset if we get martinez, or even worst case, lambert.

I really really would have to grit my teeth to have to listen to another year of dour Scotsman press conferences and even more old firm/villa connects.

Remarkably naive appointment by FSG

you might want to remember you said that. i reckon rodgers will be a big hit up there. he plays football the liverpool way and he will be backed this summer. he might not make an instant impact on the prem table but i reckon in a couple of years tops they'll be playing arsenal style quality football...

Rodgers and Martinez are both exciting students of the game especially the way Barcelona play it. They will get better year on year because of the huge amount of work and study that each get through. Lambert is also dedicated and driven, but with mentors like Voigts, Hitzfeld and Mon he is always going to be a steadier more pragmatic manager and coach.

Exactly my point, rodgers c.v at least covers two pages of a4 when you print it out.

This forum had spunk all over it about a manager with a season in norway. Now i see rodgers being slated about what he has done.

Just funny to see thats all.