General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

My dad is saying something is going to happen tonight with Martinez. All we can do is wait and see.

I hope your dad is right because I think that Martinez would be great for Villa. However, I have the feeling that your dad is pulling your plonker.

Tbh I don't even believe him - but i'll pass on the information from his "source" nonetheless.

I hope your dad is right because I think that Martinez would be great for Villa. However, I have the feeling that your dad is pulling your plonker

Things can change though... this is football, so I woudln't automatically throw this out the window..

My dad is saying something is going to happen tonight with Martinez. All we can do is wait and see.

I hope your dad is right because I think that Martinez would be great for Villa. However, I have the feeling that your dad is pulling your plonker.

Tbh I don't even believe him - but i'll pass on the information from his "source" nonetheless.

If it was true I am sure motor mouth DW would have said something, but he isn't in this country at the moment.

You watch, it'll be Roy Keane or someone like that. Since when has any ITK, journalist or 'dad' ever second guessed Randy Learner's brain? You heard it here first, 66/1 at the moment so go make yourself some cash!

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers meeting with Liverpool this afternoon #SSN

Didn't these same sources state on SSN that he'd turned LFC down a couple of weeks ago?

Talksport 'sources' have been saying he has signed a contract with them.

....although it is talksport, so i wouldnt put my todger on the line!

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

BREAKING NEWS - Sky Sources: Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers meeting with Liverpool this afternoon #SSN

Didn't these same sources state on SSN that he'd turned LFC down a couple of weeks ago?

I think it's going to be a done deal now. 3 Year contract people are saying and an announcement within the hour.

If we've talked to Martinez or his agent already then we must have a sense of whether our package would attract him, or even which areas of the package need tweaking.

It could be a very interesting couple of days for Villa fans.

Most of you may know this, but I just learned today about Lambert taking League 2 Wycombe to the semis of the league cup a few years ago. His side held Chelsea in the home leg. That is bloody impressive.

The more I find out about him the more I like him.

Would certainly be happy if he was appointed.

Not 100% convinced by Martinez. Think he could make us a fantastic team again, or just as easily get us relegated...

I think he ruled himself out rather than turning them down. The latter requiring an approach that hadn't happened at the time. Seems it's harder to turn Liverpool down once they actually come knocking.

Actually BOF from what I remember I was laughing with glee at the SSN Yellow ticker bar stating Rodgers turns down chance to speak to Liverpool.

However that was SSN for you... so I entirely get the point you are making.

Besides playing hard to get sometimes might just pay dividends.

I think it's going to be a done deal now. 3 Year contract people are saying and an announcement within the hour.

I'm not saying he won't go to Livepool according to twitter it was a done deal hours ago.......it's just demonstrating how things

can change quickly in football that's all

especially when there's lots of wads involved!

I hadn't realised what an inexperienced and untested manager Rodgers is, this was from less that two years ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/reading/8417263.stm

Makes AM's CV look positively awesome. We may have dodged a bullet there. Martinez or Lambert and I'm more than happy. Poyet would be my next choice.

Still thinking Roy Keane in reality.

I think he ruled himself out rather than turning them down. The latter requiring an approach that hadn't happened at the time. Seems it's harder to turn Liverpool down once they actually come knocking.

Actually BOF from what I remember I was laughing with glee at the SSN Yellow ticker bar stating Rodgers turns down chance to speak to Liverpool.

However that was SSN for you... so I entirely get the point you are making.

Besides playing hard to get sometimes might just pay dividends.

The Rodgers news is already confirmed by the BBC, 3 year deal.

Liverpool will find out very quickly that Rodgers success at Swansea was because of the work Martinez put in before him, his tenure at Reading proves that he's not the manager Swansea made him look like.

Remarkably naive appointment by FSG

Slightly risky, and not the big name that the fans will be wanting but time will tell. Could be a great appointment for them.

Hopefully not, though :)

Not convinced Rodgers will be bad for Liverpool. I know the whole was-it-him-or-Martinez but Swansea were incredibly impressive at VP - I mean in all facets of the game. Agree that his CV doesn't make for great reading though.

I wonder what chance of a PC these days where no-one knows who is going to be announced? Wouldn't it be incredible if Villa announced one for Friday at 2 and then they just pulled back the curtain on.......

Liverpool will find out very quickly that Rodgers success at Swansea was because of the work Martinez put in before him, his tenure at Reading proves that he's not the manager Swansea made him look like.

This.

I think he's very overrated. He did a shocking job at Reading but people seem to forget this.

You don't believe your own Dad. :P

He did a good job at Watford which is also forgotten. I guess it depends on whichever agenda is being pushed at the time.