General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Wait did I say Martinez? I meant Lambert.

Villa are like the desperate fat bloke near closing time at the club.

"What the hot blonde has left? Oh, well I always liked the mousy girl in the corner. What? Oh well let me talk to the lass with the gammy eye behind the bar. What she doesnt like me?"

8)

haha genuis.

Lambert shades it ahead of Martinez for me. He just seems more suited to B6.
What do you mean by that exactly?
Haha I had a feeling that would get picked up. Hard to explain. He might be less of a risk than Martinez. People expecting root and branch change are unrealistic IMO. Lambert might be the better manager to get results from the deadwood we're saddled with for 2012/13.
But we need root and branch change. For how long are we going to sit here and say "revolution is unrealistic. we need to work with the cloggers"?
I agree that we need it. Problem is the high earners, specifically in defence, are likely to be here for another season.
We can't afford to keep on getting a new manager every summer. This appointment needs to be a long term one. Might as well start the revolution now.

I had to laugh at this tweet as well...

Mike Coles ‏@MikeColesUTV

Dave Whelan has given Aston Villa permission to talk to Norwich manager Paul Lambert #AVFC

BTW,,,,,

If the news of Graham Taylor resigning at Watford today is true ...I wonder IF PF & RL have listened and are indeed going to appoint a footballing

brain at AVFC.

Just what's needed IMHO.

Never had a VT retweet, cheers Julie haha

Martinez - I'm not buying for one nanosecond that he has pledged his future to Wigan.

The 'source' of this news on SSN is a reported conversation Dave Whelan has had with him, where he was quoted as saying: "as far as I am concerned he is staying at Wigan". Now, this is from a bloke who will spin a story more than Kim Jong Il.

I suspect the truth is he has turned down Liverpool for professional reasons, like unrealistic expectations or lack of control, and that he is just as available now as he was this time last week.

I mean, face it, what is he going to say to Whelan, which he knows will be in the press within an hour, that could redeem himself to their 37 fans? He will continue to commit himself to Wigan right up to the point when he decides to take another job. And in my opinion, that could just as easily be this summer as next.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

Martinez is a fantastic young coach. But with both #LFC and #AVFC going with other options, his choices were limited.

Interesting he broke the Rodgers story so who have we approuched

Just because he broke the Rodgers Story doesn't mean he'll be any closer to the Villa story

Lambert is a far better prospect than Martinez. 26% win ratio at Wigan for crying out loud. Massively overrated manager.

If I took my local Sunday team into the Premiership and had a 26% win rate, that doesn't mean I suck, it means I'm **** awesome.

I know you like your stats, but sometimes they can be very misleading.

Rodgers probably looks better to you in one of your spreadsheets because of the win ratio, whereas it doesn't consider the Division they are in, the opposition they are facing or the resources available.

I'd take Martinez all day any day. I'd take Lambert too, or Poyet.

Please be one of these three...

26% in the premier league for a club of our stature is not good enough - or do you think it is?

I don't really know why you seem to think you know what I consider to be a good manager, but I'll let you in on the main criteria, that I hold higher than any others - one that wins games.

I think the fact that Martinez has gone public with Whelan about staying at Wigan is more likely a very good sign that Villa have made their minds up

for definite who they are appointing as the next manager or are at least very close to making that decision.

Hopefully an announcment in next couple of days.

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

It seems a matter of time before Lambert says the same (he's come pretty close already)

If its going to be done soon its going to KMAC or someone out of work.

Whatever the reasons

OGS didn't want it

Martinez -didn't want it

It seems a matter of time before Lambert says the same (he's come pretty close already)

If its going to be done soon its going to KMAC or someone out of work.

You're jumping to multiple conclusions there.