General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Pete Colley ‏@petecolley

Its been difficult with so many clubs having vacancies to get to the truth but RM was interested! PL however is Villa's No 1 candidate!

Love the way people come out all ITK after the event

As if they knew all along

after the event? he was the one that broke the news first (he works for Sky).

I'm not sure about things speeding up. It's far more likely now Liverpool situation appears resolved that the Media are turning their attention our vacant position. This time last week Rodgers rejected Liverpool remember!

I'm also sure, contrary to some peoples opinions, we haven't sat around doing nothing.

He is not MON mark 2.

Such a lazy thing to say, all because he wears a tracksuit and glasses. His teams play nothing like MONs sides.

Personality wise and idiolises him will be a nightmare for the media to deal with if it's him .

Not against him just doesn't float my boat tbh but will get behind him

After two seasons in which, for whatever reasons, the squad MON built up has been torn apart (although if you still want to see it, it s midfield plays for England) we really need someone with the same clarity of vision and purpose who can build his own team with a clear view of how they will play winning football.
Shame the defence hasn't been torn apart! They're bloody useless.

I'm not sure about things speeding up. It's far more likely now Liverpool situation appears resolved that the Media are turning their attention our vacant position. This time last week Rodgers rejected Liverpool remember!

I'm also sure, contrary to some peoples opinions, we haven't sat around doing nothing.

No, we flew a sunday league manager over form norway so he could snub us over his missus. Then faulkner sat and looked at RM c.v for a week whilst he went barbados. Now we are finally going after the man we should have gone after two weeks ago.

Sky are saying you'll make an official approach in the next 24 hrs, our CEO has said all approaches would be rejected.

After that, Gawd knows.

Isn't he on a year-by-year contract, which expired today?

Not that I would wish a manager to turn his back on a club, nor do I wish us to do it underhand, but surely if the contract hasn't been renewed then the CEO can't actually stop any approach..

Sky are saying you'll make an official approach in the next 24 hrs, our CEO has said all approaches would be rejected.

After that, Gawd knows.

Depends what Lambert wants I'd think rather than the CEO.

If Lambert wants to come he will come, if he wants to stay he'll stay.

If we are to believe that RM representatives haven't been approched then its going to make very interesting who the people they have interviewed behind closed doors .

If it's not Lambert then I still think there is an outstanding candidate for me and its Glen Hoddle .

I know he wouldn't be universally popular and wasn't great at Wolves but Rogers wasn't great at Reading . Hoddle all day for me

A friend of mine worked at Wolves when Hoddle was there. He was aloof and very unpopular among the staff. He would be a disaster for Villa.

Now that BR and RM are out of the running it has got to be PL.

get in line and take the players and managers from the teams just below you, same old no thinking no risk no bottle business.

We`re not going to get the ones from above us are we. Same old no thinking no brain villa fan.

AVB's talks fell through with Liverpool because he had stupid demands the top of which being a guaranteed contract where he was unable to be sacked for a set amount of time. He has apparently made similar demands when speaking to other clubs so he would no doubt ask for it from Villa as he is scared another early sacking after a year will finish him. He wants an insurance policy where no matter how 'revolutionary' he is - think Chelsea's old guard - he won't be made to look bad again by being sacked again in the midst of it.

From a top person proven source. Told thats the snag with the Roma job too.

After that, Gawd knows.

Isn't he on a year-by-year contract, which expired today?

Not that I would wish a manager to turn his back on a club, nor do I wish us to do it underhand, but surely if the contract hasn't been renewed then the CEO can't actually stop any approach..

Correct me if I'm wrong but a rolling contract means just that, rolling.

So, a new year started today, if indeed it ran out today.