General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Talk of Capello is ridiculous. He clearly mentioned in his recent interview that he is after a Champions League level club and we're a million miles away from that right now.

Disagree with the right manager and 2 or 3 good additions we are as good as Newcastle, arguably better

Are you for real or just a troll

What ? Newcastle are a perfect example of players overachieving due to great management and 2 or 3 quality additions

With the correct appointment and a couple of quality players in we can replicate this

Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Ba, Cisse....make that 5 quality additions...found by scout Graham Carr who is head and shoulders above the scouting dross that is at our club.

IMO the whole club and its philosophy needs a **** good revamp if we are gonna do a Newcastle...not just "a couple of quality players and a manager".

Curiously though, Newcastle bounced a 'successful' manager to make it happen.

If only Mr.Lerner had done the same in 2008........

Talk of Capello is ridiculous. He clearly mentioned in his recent interview that he is after a Champions League level club and we're a million miles away from that right now.

Disagree with the right manager and 2 or 3 good additions we are as good as Newcastle, arguably better

Are you being serious? Newcastles squad is amazing. Look at their midfield, Tiote, Santon, Cabaye, Ben Arfa. Oh and the Senegalese boys up front are pretty good too.

Martinez of Rafa for me. Martinez if Lerner wants to play it safe and cheap, or Rafa if he wants to show real intent and get the fans back on his side. I will have no trouble acquiring a season ticket if Lerner was to choose the latter.

Ranieri 1-2 favourite for WBA job, my best mate (baggies fan) will be unbearable if this were to happen, he's been bad enough of late as you can imagine anyway.

How depressing is the thought of Stoke above us, a promoted Blues (lets say) with Hughton managing them, Baggies with Ranieri and a good financial footing, Wolves with a new fresh coach in the championship and us slogging along with McLeish. Football makes me sad...

If McLeish is here next season I will be ignoring the Villa. Sorry, before all you die hards get on my back. I will not be able to watch a bunch of highly paid players not even try. Its not just results, we all know its gonna take a quality manager to control our players, its obvious its all getting out of hand. But I can't blame the players, anyone even myself would take advantage and **** about if not managed correctly.

Have you noticed how everybody with hindsight is an expert?

Yeah last July this forum was buzzing with people saying what a good appointment Mcleish was and how well were going to do next season.....

Yeah last July this forum was buzzing with people saying what a good appointment Mcleish was and how well were going to do next season.....

Don't think there's as much truth in this as you think. I, along with many others, said that we might as well see what he can do. I don't think any of us thought it was "a great appointment". True, some thought we'd got one over small heath by pinching their manager. But, sadly, even they knew he was dross.

Don't think there's as much truth in this as you think. I, along with many others, said that we might as well see what he can do. I don't think any of us thought it was "a great appointment". True, some thought we'd got one over small heath by pinching their manager. But, sadly, even they knew he was dross.

jesus you missed the sarcasm by a mile there

The amount of good managers out there is scary , not ! Looks like keeping big eck for me , lambert seems the only decent one who we might be able to get , , Capello would never come , and by the way I started a thread exactly like this two days before this one and it got locked ,? Sack the mods !

Yeah Capello was telling our players to leave the team for a better club so no chance. Lambert would get us around midtable or potentially higher if Lerner gives him some money. Martinez I have no idea about. He could turn out to be a fantastic manager that was being underutilized at a tiny club with mediocre players or he can keep us around relegation.