General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Nope, it's a thread full of corkers like "for me, it's a Toss up between Martinez & Lambert"

Absolute comedy gold, this thread will be even funnier to look back on in 12 months, hall of fame material

Nope, it's a thread full of corkers like "for me, it's a Toss up between Martinez & Lambert"

Absolute comedy gold, this thread will be even funnier to look back on in 12 months, hall of fame material

Or just maybe a lot of us have seen our owners ambition in the last two seasons and don't see us going out and getting a big name and are picking who we want accordingly instead of throwing around unrealistic targets.

But keep your posts coming I have found a few to be pretty funny.

CI Mate .... if you're after corkers go to the new manager poll of last year and see everyone voting for Ancelotti, Rikyard, Moyes and Deschamps - now thats comedy gold.!

So yeah, we can sit here and discuss who we really want, Guardiola will do ... or in your case Moyes or Capello. But realistically this is never gonna happen. We couldn't attract Moyes when we were better than Everton with more cash to spend so shy would he come along now? Im not even entertaining the Capello one - 5 mill a year?

So realistically who is it gonna be?

Martinez (whos already turned us down last year)

Benitez (turned it down last year)

Lambert

I agree with CI, I think he will go for a lambert,rodgers,martinez,moyes.. someone like that, But I dont think he will completely ignore the fans like last season, I mean we managed to get him not to hire Mclaren and then he goes and hires Mcleish, i mean cmon... Im sure he will go for a more popular choice this time. I hope.

But why would people talk of Moyes? It's almost as retarded as talking about Capello.

If West Brom get a better Manager in again this time then our Board should be ashamed of themselves. We have to be realistic top Proven Managers will not join us but up & coming

Managers just might.

If West Brom get a better Manager in again this time then our Board should be ashamed of themselves. We have to be realistic top Proven Managers will not join us but up & coming

Managers just might.

:shock:

Our board should be ashamed of themselves because of what West Brom do?

You couldn't make it up..........

And what is a top 'proven' manager?

If we discount the revolving door of Chelsea managers who nip over to London for a 6 to 12 month highly paid holiday, the 'proven' successful managers of the past 5 years are:

Ferguson

Redknapp

Mancini

Di Matteo

McLeish

Dalglish

Of that list the only one we may get a sniff at, although extremely unlikely, is Di Matteo, who was fired by err.....West Brom!

Unless we want to retain McLeish, of course :winkold:

Benetiz & Moyes are proven Managers plus there are many more out there, you know what I meant trees but of course experts like you know it all.

My point with West Brom is we should have the better pulling power,it is down to the Board to to get the right man

Benetiz & Moyes are proven Managers plus there are many more out there, you know what I meant tress but of course experts like you know it all.

My point with West Brom is we should have the better pulling power,it is down to the Board to to get the right man

Is there any need for petty insults? If demonstrating who has 'proven success' in English football is 'knowing it all', then I am as informed as a Google search :)

Benitez could happen, although my personal view is that we have had enough egomaniacs at our club in recent years.

Moyes will never happen, and in my opinion he has proven consistency, which i would welcome, but no success.

Benitez could happen

If it could, would it not have happened last summer?

12 months down the line both parties have got plenty to reflect upon.

No one is climbing over themselves to get Benitez, and the England vacancy is now filled.

Mr Lerner has had his disaster, and may open up for some reasonable spending.

The story at the time was that Benitez wanted £30m investment in transfer fees. It's likely that the club will need to do that regardless of who the manager is.

Raga still lives in Liverpool in the same house, he didn't even move for the Inter job so I doubt he would for us. Personally I can see that being an issue both to Randy and in his potential day to day management of the club.

There are also rather large question marks about Rafa's track record as a manager since falling out with his former right hand man Paco.

Managers just might.

If we discount the revolving door of Chelsea managers who nip over to London for a 6 to 12 month highly paid holiday, the 'proven' successful managers of the past 5 years are:

Ferguson

Redknapp

Mancini

Di Matteo

McLeish

Dalglish

Of that list the only one we may get a sniff at, although extremely unlikely, is Di Matteo, who was fired by err.....West Brom!

There is a whole world outside the UK u know...

Managers just might.

Ferguson

Redknapp

Mancini

Di Matteo

McLeish

Dalglish

Indeed, i believe that I listed some of them, as the discussion was about 'proven' (in English club football) managers

Managers just might.

Ferguson

Redknapp

Mancini

Di Matteo

McLeish

Dalglish

Indeed, i believe that I listed some of them, as the discussion was about 'proven' (in English club football) managers

Ah ok, sorry then.

It's just that reading those post one could (wrongly) get the impression that you were one of those who still belive the UK is the center of the world and that if something didn't happen in England it didn't happen or isn't worth mentioning.

People thinking like this (MON, our scouting, Lerner...) is one of the biggest reasons we're in the mess that we are.

Again, sorry if i jumped to conclusions

Paulo Di Canio - had a fantastic year at Swindon, and most importantly, probably wouldn't cost us much - we all know RL will not want to pay megabucks compensation AGAIN!!

I know an awful lot of Swindon fans (used to live near there) and they adore DiCanio, they realise he will almost certainly go to a premiership team this summer - I just hope its us.