General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I'd be happy if we rebuilt the club and ended up with 40 points or so next year with Kevin MacDonald being manager.

It would be cost effective, would see older guys leaving and young guys playing the tactic that allowed the to progress to the first team (eventually), create team harmony, good football and allow us to truly decide who has a future and who should be moved on.

The middle ground for me is another gamble and while Lambert is great for me it would depend on wages, Pardew proved with the right scouting network and gambles you can prove astute in the foreign market even if your previous record says you're not prolific.

Otherwise my list would include one or two impossibles and I would move hell and high water to get them with a rebuild as my other option.

Moyes would be there with Hitzfeld and Klopp.

We need someone who is a tactician, someone who can make players feel brilliant and someone who knows football; that just hasn't been the case in recent times....haven't Swansea got one of them...

Martinez would be my choice. We need to adopt a more progressive game and I think he'd be the man to do that. I think it might take a while to get it to work but I think he'd have more patience than he might have had a year ago due to the McLeish debacle. Expectations also wouldn't be that high, again thanks largely to McLeish.

If the austerity cuts have now finished at Villa and the wages more in line as to where the club need them to be, perhaps we can push the boat out a bit now and attract the type of manager the club really should be looking for. After all, if they have used McLeish to do the dirty work because they knew he'd be desperate to manage a big club, then we can go for the original targets that I'd hope we WOULD have had prior to the cuts. David Moyes please!

Solskjaer isnt good enough yet, has potential but needs to show more to convince me he has what it takes. Norwegian Tippeliga is not all that and he is still young, maybe in a couple of years Solskjaer is resdy for this level.

Lol klopp is never going to happen, neither is Hitzfeld, You guys are even more deluded than AM and RL...

Not delusion it's financial sense; you secure the future of your club if you get the right manager and so you choose them as only options.

Both market values show that you could tempt them, especially as Hitzfeld is not having a great time in his job and Klopp is on a lower salary than Eck; offer Klopp 40% more that he is on and allow him to take control as O'Neil did (German players are underrated and on lower wages than English ones) and suddenly you can get a guy thinking he could do with a new challenge in a bigger league.

You go all in on either capacity, I believe they call it ambition rather than delusion, delusion is for the underprepared.

Did you ever think Newcastle would sign all the guys they signed?

It was real life Football Manager and it shows with the right attitude, understanding and approach anything is possible.

I don't feel our club is beyond that.

Yeah but its not like klopp is unknown, I mean he managed to beat bayern to the german league title, thats a big achievement.. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Klopp as villa manager next season, I just don't think Randy will Invest enough for him to be interested.. I really cant see us getting anyone like him.

Solbakken, did a good job at Koln, no one keeps that job for long. Did well at Copenhagen and got them into champions league...

My first choice would be Marcelo Bielsa, does brilliantly everywhere and would bring excitement and exciting football (what i miss the most) back to our team. He is great at making teams push over their wight class. But i guess Athletic Bilbao wouldnt let him go.

Some of these names are ridiculous.

If a manager is currently established at a top 6-8 club anywhere in the major european leagues, they are not attainable.

We are in the market of upcoming championship managers or failed previously established managers. Ranieri is on the lookout for a good "project". I personally dont see him at WBA (as has been rumoured), I think thats a case of 2+2=8 but he's about as high as we could go IMO.

We aren't the force some think we are.

Some of these names are ridiculous.

If a manager is currently established at a top 6-8 club anywhere in the major european leagues, they are not attainable.

We are in the market of upcoming championship managers or failed previously established managers. Ranieri is on the lookout for a good "project". I personally dont see him at WBA (as has been rumoured), I think thats a case of 2+2=8 but he's about as high as we could go IMO.

We aren't the force some think we are.

I'm afraid all of the names are ridiculous. We still have a manager (as shit as he is) and no concrete evidence has yet been supplied to state otherwise.

yeah ranieri is a Nutcase, that would be a disaster.

But he does have an 'i' at he end of his name, which is a major consideration when considering future Villa managers :winkold: