General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Fans should be ignored, we know very little about running a football club; we might have knowledge of certain aspects but not as a whole. Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it a few years now, so them knowing nothing at the start had some weight, but how many years do they have to do it for us to actually think they know what they are doing?

Yes, you are right, fans know nothing about football especially the ones that have been following it for decades.

Yes, you are right, Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it for years now and their last 2 managerial appointments were spot on and proof of their competence.

I don't know how many years it will take for us to think that they know what they are doing, we are quite thick and fickle.

Listen, this RDM thing. He didn't win the CL final, Bayern Munich lost it. They defended the Germans to the point of boredom and used a get out of jail free card for an equaliser, and then another one as Robben fluffed his lines in extra time.

Bayern had 55% of the posession, 21 out of 34 shots on target and 20 corners. If RDM had been managing our team in that match we'd have lost about 8-0.

Should RL/PF think that RDM's "achievements" make him a good managerial candidate for us they've quite frankly lost the plot.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

How about poaching Lothar Matteus from Bulgaria
No poaching necessary, he left Bulgaria last September! Also, as much as I love him, that's a resounding no.

Andreas Meier Eide ‏@andymeide

OGS talked it over with his family on monday, they all wanted to stay in Norway...

From the press conference for those who still care.

just to add....

Andreas Meier Eide ‏@andymeide

OGS never confirmed that he was offered the job in the first place #avfc

Which is what MM said earlier. He's not been offered the job.

Listen, this RDM thing. He didn't win the CL final, Bayern Munich lost it. They defended the Germans to the point of boredom and used a get out of jail free card for an equaliser, and then another one as Robben fluffed his lines in extra time.

Bayern had 55% of the posession, 21 out of 34 shots on target and 20 corners. If RDM had been managing our team in that match we'd have lost about 8-0.

Should RL/PF think that RDM's "achievements" make him a good managerial candidate for us they've quite frankly lost the plot.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

No, my point was that if RDM tried tactics like with WITH OUR CURRENT SQUAD we'd get massacred. He's pretty much lumped with the current squad so a new manager can bring in a few new signings and dictate the style of play.

No matter who the manager is, if his aim is to defend the other team to death then we're quite honestly screwed. Did you watch us last season?

Alternatively we can get all the 82 squad out of retirement?

I'm not trying to claim to be ITK but I thought I'd share what I've heard. Friend of a friend stuff but Glenn Hoddle is what they've heard through their sources.

I guess he'd be good bringing through youth players and try to play football the right way.

Villa are texting about season tickets. Yeh right!!!! I will wait and see thank you Nikki!!

I wonder how much money Villa have wasted sending texts and making phone calls trying to drum up season ticket sales?

You would think that they would have got the message by now.

Run the club properly or we **** off.

Fans should be ignored, we know very little about running a football club; we might have knowledge of certain aspects but not as a whole. Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it a few years now, so them knowing nothing at the start had some weight, but how many years do they have to do it for us to actually think they know what they are doing?

Yes, you are right, fans know nothing about football especially the ones that have been following it for decades.

Yes, you are right, Lerner and Faulkner have been doing it for years now and their last 2 managerial appointments were spot on and proof of their competence.

I don't know how many years it will take for us to think that they know what they are doing, we are quite thick and fickle.

The fans buy the season (and match) tickets.

Or don't, when they see someone like McLeish appointed.

I'm not trying to claim to be ITK but I thought I'd share what I've heard. Friend of a friend stuff but Glenn Hoddle is what they've heard through their sources.

I guess he'd be good bringing through youth players and try to play football the right way.

hmm maybe but doesn't fit into the criteria/statement put out by Faulkner (which I bet he regrets doing now)