General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Is it me or has Steve Bruce started moving in the market. I thought he was 30s or 40s last time I looked and he is now 20-1. Admittedly a bit of an outsider but still a movement and 11th favourite now

Is it me or has Steve Bruce started moving in the market. I thought he was 30s or 40s last time I looked and he is now 20-1. Admittedly a bit of an outsider but still a movement and 11th favourite now
Not gonna happen. We've got more chance of OGS at this stage.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

Firstly, playing free flowing entertaining football does not guarantee success and neither does playing boring hoof ball. To suggest we have a greater chance of success if we play dull football is fundamentally very flawed.

Secondly, I think nearly every supporter would want to at least try to play decent football. Let's face it, we aren't going to be winning anything anytime soon so why not at least be entertained each week rather than hold out for a 0-0 at Stoke.

Thirdly, I think you have picked an incredibly narrow period of time to back up your "THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON" comment...

Barcelona = 13 trophies in 4 years.

Chelsea = 5 trophies in 4 years.

This Barcelona team will be remembered for decades into the future... similar to Cruyff's Total Football. Chelsea will be forgotten.

We cant have Steve Bruce as a manger, the man has two first names, clearly he is not capable to make decisions of any sorts, evertything he has achieved so far in life os down to being lucky...

Well I hope it doesn't happen and I am not suggesting it will happen, jus asking a question about his odds moving.

The tweets from Kendrick are deafening with their silence today.

Either day off or he's been told to keep his mouth shut by the club, I would surmise.

Or there's f all to say

I think Julie is right here... if memory serves me correctly Kendrick was very very quick last night to reiterate a number of times that there is no evidence to show that OGS was offered the job in the first place.

I think he is keeping a low profile to keep his source as sweet as possible.

He also posted that A-Ha (Take on me) video on Twitter yesterday but now it's vanished. One can only assume he's removed it.

Damn. I like A-Ha.

Well I hope it doesn't happen and I am not suggesting it will happen, jus asking a question about his odds moving.

He is still 100/1 at BetFair. I would imagine that is closer to the true value, however after last summer who can be certain?

The movement in his price on the street bookies is probably simply down to Solskjaer moving out significantly and therefore the other candidates being recalculated based on smaller competition (and possibly a cheeky £10 bet from a couple of blue noses!).

My god I've heard it all now, somebody on twater has said Ally Fekkin McCoist is in the frame.
Interesting. A name not mentioned before, probably eager to get away from the mess that it Rangers, to the mess that is Villa!

Let's cut out the middle man and go straight to Rangers for the manager not wait to get them from another club

No, it wont,because then they would be late with this Fridays announcement, you cant suddenly make the Friday announcement on Tuesdays :)

(Sorry, didnt know he had left, man, when he goes he goes, i myself might use half an hour, reading the paper or a magazine, but a whole week...)

It could easily be steve bruce, they hired mcleish, brucies c.v looks world class compared to his.

Mcleish took blues down and they managed to convince themselves he was a good option, do not put bruce past them.