General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Ok, longshot and unproven but this has to be one of the more up and coming young managers in europe... My suggestion Heiko Vogel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heiko_Vogel

They did really well against Man United but can't base him entirely on that

The 75% win ratio is pretty good though.

Althou it will be interesting to see if he can do it without Xhaka and Shaqiri

Ok, longshot and unproven but this has to be one of the more up and coming young managers in europe... My suggestion Heiko Vogel

32 Games.. 24 Wins.. 6 Draws.. 2 Losses.. Damn impressive.

Two of those against Man. Utd. one of the losses against Benfica, knows how to develop young players and getting them ready. But might be difficult to get him away from Basel though, but it is young up and coming managers like him we need to go for IMO.

Listen, this RDM thing. He didn't win the CL final, Bayern Munich lost it. They defended the Germans to the point of boredom and used a get out of jail free card for an equaliser, and then another one as Robben fluffed his lines in extra time.

Bayern had 55% of the posession, 21 out of 34 shots on target and 20 corners. If RDM had been managing our team in that match we'd have lost about 8-0.

Should RL/PF think that RDM's "achievements" make him a good managerial candidate for us they've quite frankly lost the plot.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

I never understand this feeling that somehow trying to hold onto the bleeding ball for more than five and a half seconds somehow equates to "tippy-tappy" football.

Anyone present at the Swansea home game last season knows that the Swansea way is leaps and bounds above our variation of hoofball.

I'm not trying to claim to be ITK but I thought I'd share what I've heard. Friend of a friend stuff but Glenn Hoddle is what they've heard through their sources.

I guess he'd be good bringing through youth players and try to play football the right way.

I don't know...but he might have personality to sort our players out...but he has some baggage.

When did lambert rule himself out ?

Jeez dropping like flies

(not that I wanted lambert)

I still have not seem anything from Lambert??

Why the hell was the PL thread locked so quickly? Can someone post it here?

It's on the BBC website

PL describes suggestion he will leave Norwich as "absolute nonsense"

That's good news IMHO as he's taking them down next season

I saw that interview.

All he said was the speculation was not coming from him and that he never said he was leaving Norwich.

If Villa make an approach all of that could change over night.

I would be absolutely shocked if we did not at least sound him out.

Just as a point of interest, have a look at the managerial career of Alan Pardew:

- sacked by West Ham

- hounded out by the fans at Charlton

- sacked by Southampton

- Geordies absolutely distraught when he was signed for Newcastle.

- had Newcastle within a whisker of a CL place this season.

Many on this site would have shit kittens if we had brought him in to replace O'Neill or Houllier.

Yet some would probably give their left nut to have him down at the Villa now.

He takes them along with him and they play for Aston Villa next season, obvious :D

Just as a point of interest, have a look at the managerial career of Alan Pardew:

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

Many on this site would have shit kittens if we had brought him in to replace O'Neill or Houllier.

Prob give the other one for the Geordies chief scout!!

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

Good point. The left nut bit is, however, taking it too far. :)

He takes them along with him and they play for Aston Villa next season, obvious :D

Too late..gone to Moenchengladbach and Bayern.

They're both gone,to Mønchengladbach and Bayern.

How about Trond Sollied?

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

As everything in life, timing. The right man at the right time...

AVB did wonders at Porto, didnt stand a chance at Chelsea, sometimes it might just be psychologi and chemistry within a group.

I saw that interview.

All he said was the speculation was not coming from him and that he never said he was leaving Norwich.

If Villa make an approach all of that could change over night.

I would be absolutely shocked if we did not at least sound him out.

I agree. PL has been very careful to say nothing categorical. His frustration with the press is that they keep trying to get him to.

Not saying we could definitely get him, but I agree it's far from having been ruled out. Far better odds of getting him than OGS at this stage, anyway.

Too late..gone to Moenchengladbach and Bayern.

I need to update too Milenko27 2.0

Win-win for me.

If it's someone I like, then I'm happy. If it's someone I don't like, then I immediately cancel my sports subscription with Sky and save about €500 per annum.

I'm not trying to claim to be ITK but I thought I'd share what I've heard. Friend of a friend stuff but Glenn Hoddle is what they've heard through their sources.

I guess he'd be good bringing through youth players and try to play football the right way.

hmm maybe but doesn't fit into the criteria/statement put out by Faulkner (which I bet he regrets doing now)

Faulkner is a past master at making statements that turn out to make him look like a prize prat.

- sacked by West Ham

- sacked by Southampton

Yeah key example of the right manager for the right club... He could come to use tomorrow and still get relegated!