General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I think both Lambert and Rodgers will live to regret not jumping up a level this summer. I know it's been mentioned many times before but you simply can't ignore the pattern of similar sized clubs that have got into the PL and had an exciting first season and fallen away badly after (as has the stock of their respective managers). Rodgers' decision to snub Liverpool, while very loyal is something he will regret IMHO because Swansea cannot go any higher than they currently are right now. Likewise Norwich and Lambert.

Trond Sollied, loved him at Rosenborg and he did very well in the beginning in Belgium, but been up and down after that. But would propably have knowledge of talents in scandinavia, belgium, greece and the netherlands having managed in those countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trond_Sollied

Edit: looks like he has signed for Gent again.

Looks pretty impressive to me,apart from the Heerenveen and Al-Ahli stint 2008-10.

Promotion and then 2nd and 3rd places + winning the cup with Bodø/G.

Winning the league with Rosenborg (no biggie obviously).

Won the League in Belgium (twice,Club Brugge) and Greece (the double with Olympiakos).

Three stints at AA Gent,came 3rd this year in front of Standard Liege and Racing Genk.

Came in january and saved Lierse from relegation in 2011.

We could do worse than looking at Domingos Paciencia, seems promising and wants the job apparently.

Worth hearing him out atleast.

Thought he'd already put his name forward and been rejected?

I think both Lambert and Rodgers will live to regret not jumping up a level this summer. I know it's been mentioned many times before but you simply can't ignore the pattern of similar sized clubs that have got into the PL and had an exciting first season and fallen away badly after (as has the stock of their respective managers). Rodgers' decision to snub Liverpool, while very loyal is something he will regret IMHO because Swansea cannot go any higher than they currently are right now. Likewise Norwich and Lambert.

I think RL and PF will regret not being able to appoint a half decent manager more. You thought last season was bad?

We could do worse than looking at Domingos Paciencia, seems promising and wants the job apparently.

Worth hearing him out atleast.

Indeed!

placido-domingo.jpg

I am still waiting for this statement to be demonstrated

"We need to be clear and candid with ourselves and with supporters about what we have lacked in recent years"

Listen, this RDM thing. He didn't win the CL final, Bayern Munich lost it. They defended the Germans to the point of boredom and used a get out of jail free card for an equaliser, and then another one as Robben fluffed his lines in extra time.

Bayern had 55% of the posession, 21 out of 34 shots on target and 20 corners. If RDM had been managing our team in that match we'd have lost about 8-0.

Should RL/PF think that RDM's "achievements" make him a good managerial candidate for us they've quite frankly lost the plot.

I had Ken McNaught sitting in my living room a couple of months back organising a game against the Villa Old Starts (this sunday by the way) and he said when Villa played Bayern in 82 the game was pretty much brick up the goals and try n nick it 1-0 - in his own words...... so on that basis above, we can wipe off the Euro 82 win because we didnt "play mesmerically" that all fans seem to want nowadays...........

I dont care for tip tap football..... everyone wants to play like Arsenal, Barca and for some god-forsaken reason, Swansea........ and what is the sumtotal of all that - THEYVE ALL WON SWEET FA THIS SEASON........

Id much rather play like Chelsea and win the Champs League - and if anyone else thinks otherwise, then IMO theyre frankly deluded !

Exactly, Beggers cant be choosers!

I think he is keeping a low profile to keep his source as sweet as possible.

Also Mat Kendrick IIRC was the very first journo to break the story last night via twitter & link to his B'ham Mail article that OGS had pulled out of the race, due to family reasons.

We had 3 sad faces posted on VT from FatherAbraham about the same time also. Is that Tim Abraham's from E & S posting on here?.....Sorry if I've missed if he was.

The tweets from Kendrick are deafening with their silence today.

Either day off or he's been told to keep his mouth shut by the club, I would surmise.

You do know Kendrick knows incredibly little and sits on VT all day? Good stuff, just clarifying.

Also, there is nothing to say really atm. Little Paulie F has cocked up. I believe it's his job to talk Lerner out of doing ridiculous things like not having a specific target for the the biggest job on offer at his disposal. Probably not what he thought his job was going to be, but it is.