General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Someone on H+V saying..

'I have been told:

THE NEW MANAGER WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE THIS WEEKEND. PROBABLY TOMORROW.

No point speculating further. Sorry for shouting.'

Probably bullshit but we all love speculation, right.

Would make sense to be fair, but that person's probably guessing.

This is the only logical thing behind OGS saying no he was told he wouldn't be getting it so he kissed and made up with molde we are just being nice and letting him get on with it.

Think that villa talk will

Melt down when the new manager is announced tho :)

Someone on H+V saying..

'I have been told:

Posted by "The Right Honorable Algernon Cockbiscuit III"

I wouldn't hold your breath

Someone on H+V saying..

'I have been told:

Looks like another attention seeker to me.

So is this Domingos Paciencia guy any good?

He has a win ratio of 46% in his managerial career but averaged 55% at his last 2 clubs of Braga and Sporting. He got Braga to the 2011 Europa League Final.

He got sacked from Lisbon after just 33 games despite winning 18 of them, drawing 9 and losing 6, his major signing at Sporting was Ricky van Wolfswinkel

So is this Domingos Paciencia guy any good?

Can't remember where I read it but apparently he approached the club but he wasn't deemed fit to make the short-list.

OGS? My feeling is that RL & PF dithered, and gave Molde a chance to persuade him to stay. Could turn out to be a bad error.

I can see OGS managing a Premier League team (not MUFC) within a year or two, and being a big success.

"What might have been" should replace "Prepared" as Villa's motto.

I'd have taken going into the new season with RDM as manager a month ago.

Same could be said for pretty much everyone we've been linked with, after last year I'd just like to see some football being played, even if we finish 16th again.

Working on the assumption that we did indeed decide that OGS was not the best of the candidates in consideration for the job, being fully aware of the fan sentiment and generated feel good factor that came with the man, one would need to be pretty confident of our number one choice, AND be pretty sure that we can get him.

You would assume that the board are pretty keen to restore the faith after the abhorrence of appointing McLeish, and must have been aware that appointing OGS would have gone a long way to repairing that damage, so to say no to that opportunity - if that is what did happen - leads me to think they already have their man in place and he's going to impress us more than OGS.

Are PL, RDM, RM et al going to impress us more? I say not. Logic would conclude that there is a left field choice in the offing, or RL has throw a bucket load of cash at someone previously thought to be ungettable.

That's what logic would assume, but this is Aston Villa after all.

There is actually a Norwegian manager out there who is very successful:

Trond Sollied,53 yrs. Look him up on wiki,I don't know how to hyperlink here...

He always gets his teams to punch above their weight and by the looks of it always instant success.

I don't think i can take anymore defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend Get lucky and score tactics that RDM will use. Mcleish tried it and showed how shit our squad is at even defending and also shit at the get lucky and score part too.