Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, with Norwich publicly announcing the appointment of assistant manager Colin Calderwood and first team coach Paul Trollope, I believe McNally would find great difficulty in claiming compensation for the pair. They have no recognisable role at Norwich now,and a tribunal would most likely rule that they could leave as and when they wish.

If Norwich have appointed other people to the same or incredibly similar roles, without identifying an additional workload (perhaps they are creating a B team in the Conference? :lol: ), Culverhouse and Karsa will have a very strong case against Norwich for 'constructive dismissal'.

Knowing how most employment tribunals settle in favour of the employee, Norwich may end up paying out compensation to C & K.

From recent experience, I have no confidence in McNully presenting the facts correctly; if C & K do join Villa, I'm sure he will claim a settlement was agreed and then leak a fictional amount to a local journo, knowing the BS will spread far and wide.

By the time the season starts I'm expecting Wiz to be pointing us towards information that we've spent half of our annual income on gaining C & K's services. :winkold:

I agree they will end up at Villa but for now they are leverage in the compensation battle hence the fact McNally has stated publically that they remain employed by us and will be accomodated as part of an expanded coaching set up. I don't think for one minute that Hughton will want them anywhere near Colney once training starts up in early July so I would think that might be when this little stand off (us trying to avoid giving them a legitimate reason to claim they have been sidelined and quit and them/Villa trying to avoid them having to quit as there will presumably b a notice period/gardening leave provision) comes to a head.

Given that several people were so sure Lambert has this magical clause which enabled him to just tear up his contract and join you immediately for no compensation its interesting that the compensation saga is still rumbling on. Maybe its not so clean cut after all!

All a bit sad it has to be this messy and seems to me all concerned could have handled it better and enabled all three to move across together for a reasonable compensation sum.

Also, with Norwich publicly announcing the appointment of assistant manager Colin Calderwood and first team coach Paul Trollope, I believe McNally would find great difficulty in claiming compensation for the pair. They have no recognisable role at Norwich now,and a tribunal would most likely rule that they could leave as and when they wish.

If Norwich have appointed other people to the same or incredibly similar roles, without identifying an additional workload (perhaps they are creating a B team in the Conference? :lol: ), Culverhouse and Karsa will have a very strong case against Norwich for 'constructive dismissal'.

Knowing how most employment tribunals settle in favour of the employee, Norwich may end up paying out compensation to C & K.

From recent experience, I have no confidence in McNully presenting the facts correctly; if C & K do join Villa, I'm sure he will claim a settlement was agreed and then leak a fictional amount to a local journo, knowing the BS will spread far and wide.

By the time the season starts I'm expecting Wiz to be pointing us towards information that we've spent half of our annual income on gaining C & K's services. :winkold:

I agree they will end up at Villa but for now they are leverage in the compensation battle hence the fact McNally has stated publically that they remain employed by us and will be accomodated as part of an expanded coaching set up. I don't think for one minute that Hughton will want them anywhere near Colney once training starts up in early July so I would think that might be when this little stand off (us trying to avoid giving them a legitimate reason to claim they have been sidelined and quit and them/Villa trying to avoid them having to quit as there will presumably b a notice period/gardening leave provision) comes to a head.

Given that several people were so sure Lambert has this magical clause which enabled him to just tear up his contract and join you immediately for no compensation its interesting that the compensation saga is still rumbling on. Maybe its not so clean cut after all!

All a bit sad it has to be this messy and seems to me all concerned could have handled it better and enabled all three to move across together for a reasonable compensation sum.

If that was the case (that there was no clause), surely lil Norwich would have reported Big Bad Aston Villa to the Premier League by now?

If that was the case (that there was no clause), surely lil Norwich would have reported Big Bad Aston Villa to the Premier League by now?

Maybe. I don't know who may have been reported to who but essentially its a contract dispute between Lambert and Norwich City. Presumably if compensation is agreed it goes away. If not then I guess we will await the outcome of any tribunal/hearing/case before deciding on any next steps. If we lost the hearing/case then clearly no point reporting anyone and vice versa.

Maybe. I don't know who may have been reported to who but essentially its a contract dispute between Lambert and Norwich City. Presumably if compensation is agreed it goes away. If not then I guess we will await the outcome of any tribunal/hearing/case before deciding on any next steps. If we lost the hearing/case then clearly no point reporting anyone and vice versa.

So therefore why do you feel Villa owe Norwich compensation?

Also the case would be heard by the Premier League. Norwich could report it and still continue compensation talks. It has happened a fair bit in the past.

The Premier League would have released a statement to say it was investigating the matter, as they have done on other cases.

The fact there has been none of that leads me to think McNaive has tried to play a game and realises he has lost. The only tump cards he has are IC and GK. If he plays it wrong with them he could have them walk out and sue him for constructive dismissal.

So therefore why do you feel Villa owe Norwich compensation?

Also the case would be heard by the Premier League. Norwich could report it and still continue compensation talks. It has happened a fair bit in the past.

The Premier League would have released a statement to say it was investigating the matter, as they have done on other cases.

The fact there has been none of that leads me to think McNaive has tried to play a game and realises he has lost. The only tump cards he has are IC and GK. If he plays it wrong with them he could have them walk out and sue him for constructive dismissal.

Well technically it would be Lambert but presumably Villa would cover it. Anyway I know how interesting most on here find it so lets not get into too much detail and wait and see how it plays out.

Culverhouse is the one you really need. I don't think Karsa does much.

if Norwich blocked our official move for Lambert and Lambert quit as a result of their block then we owe them absolutely fack all. Their issue is with Lambert not us.

If that is the way the situation began and we went down the official channels then they need to man up.

If we tapped him up directly before approaching Norwich then we need to pay them money.

I agree it will likely be settled around the 1st but I really don't see that they give you any leverage for the reasons you yourself state.

The reason people 'were so sure' is because that is what was reported by both national and regional (in both regions) news. It is fairly reasonable to assume they were right, even more reasonable to assume seeing as to my knowledge at least Norwich have never denied the existence of this clause.

You are though incorrect, people don't think the clause allowed him to tear up his contract. People believe the clause allowed him to speak to us, that you tried to stop him and that he quit. The belief is that there was a clause which was breached leading to his resignation and quite probably the defence that Norwich breached the contract. But you know all that already.

It is sad that after all he did for you that he was seemingly denied the chance to talk to us as his contract permitted. It is sad that two people are in your own opinion being used by your club.

I'm still struggling to comprehend why you think Villa should stump up a fee for Lambert if they don't believe one is due.

This is football, what is more it is business and Norwich and their fans need to wake up to the fact clubs don't pay out compensation to other clubs to play nice.

Well I'm very impressed Lambert appears to be casting the net further. You have to be prepared to look outside the UK for talent sometimes. I am surprised though. He didn't strike me as the kind of manager that would go for players from abroad.

Mantis, it's because he never had the support network to do so at his previous clubs. No offence to Norwich it was hard to attract players, people go on about Rodgers, only foreign signings he made was Worm and Sigurdsen who he knew, he also went for players like Routledge, Moore, Lita etc.

Mantis, it's because he never had the support network to do so at his previous clubs. No offence to Norwich it was hard to attract players, people go on about Rodgers, only foreign signings he made was Worm and Sigurdsen who he knew, he also went for players like Routledge, Moore, Lita etc.
Yeah but isn't our scouting network shit?

Credit to Lambert though. If he gets us passing the ball more (and going for El Ahmadi would seem to indicate that) I'll be sold on him completely.

Well I'm very impressed Lambert appears to be casting the net further. You have to be prepared to look outside the UK for talent sometimes. I am surprised though. He didn't strike me as the kind of manager that would go for players from abroad.

That's because of all that MON Lite / Mark II bollocks. Hopefully this will be a start in putting all that to bed.

That's because of all that MON Lite / Mark II bollocks. Hopefully this will be a start in putting all that to bed.

I never believed he was MON MkII in the first place, I was just going by who he had signed at Norwich (admittedly not surprising given how small Norwich are).

Briefly on the MON thing. They're being linked to exactly the kind of dullness he always goes for. I would hate to be them :lol: It's brilliant :D

Briefly on the MON thing. They're being linked to exactly the kind of dullness he always goes for. I would hate to be them :lol: It's brilliant :D

Give me some names to cheer me up BOF :)