Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

As much as I believe that PL will improve us I have to say I find all this talk of Champions League a little ridiculous.
Tbf I think we're mostly discussing the CL in terms of how likely it is that PL will merely use the club as a stepping stone, the point being that without getting Aston Villa into the CL, Lambert will not really have achieved enough to be able to walk into a bigger job.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

expect Culverhouse/Karsa to be @ #AVFC for pre-season. #NCFC holding out for as much compo as poss as got nowt for Lambert yet

Those two are probably counting down the days like school kids waiting for the summer holidays to start.. I bet after all this they can't wait to be rid of McNally and that club.

I don't care whether PL moves on after a huge success so long as he leaves us in a sustainable, healthier position than we are now.

I can't wait for the season to start. Last season was so dire my five-year old summed it up best by saying 'Aston Villa used to score goals didn't they' while watching MOTD.

This season planning his first trip to Villa Park and bloody looking forward to it.

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

expect Culverhouse/Karsa to be @ #AVFC for pre-season. #NCFC holding out for as much compo as poss as got nowt for Lambert yet

Those two are probably counting down the days like school kids waiting for the summer holidays to start.. I bet after all this they can't wait to be rid of McNally and that club.

/\ - I wonder if their teacher (McNally) has allowed them to take board games and sweets in to celebrate the end of term... :winkold:

What kinda compo do Norwich think they can get?

Surely coaches/assistant managers would not have large contracts?

Is it just a matter of principle?

Remember Narrrrich are a small club an amount like 100k would be a huge deal for them

Think of the gold plated whisk that delia could buy from the QVC shopping channel with that sort of cash

I love this :

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Learning the intricacies of the profession whilst playing for Borussia Dortmund, Lambert took notes on everything shared by his more experienced team mates such as Sammer, Moller, Kohler, Reuter and Riedle, a wonderful grounding for a young pretender. Instead of earning his coaching badges in England or Scotland, he chose to do so in Germany, preferring their style of tutorship. This is a man with his head firmly screwed on

......................................................................................................................................................................

^^^ It needed to be done! We need people on board that can find gems without breaking the bank, just like Terry Carr has done for Newcastle with the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. He's about 70 and they've just handed him a new 10 year deal. Irrelevant information but he's the father of comedian Alan Carr.

^^^ It needed to be done! We need people on board that can find gems without breaking the bank, just like Terry Carr has done for Newcastle with the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. He's about 70 and they've just handed him a new 10 year deal. Irrelevant information but he's the father of comedian Alan Carr.

That young chap Delap has quite the throw-in doesn't he?

That young chap Delap has quite the throw-in doesn't he?

Totally over my head that one!

I've only been posting since the back end of 2010. I've seen these Delap references from a few people in various topics before but I've never read why or seen it questioned. Care to explain, for future reference?