Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

With the FFP rules coming in, if we were going to spend £80m then we'd have to find £80m of income, not investment. Not sure how we'd manage that aside from the usual dodgy stuff like stadium naming rights or an owner effectively sponsoring himself.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please. No more fecking Twitter.

:thumb:

You pair are like the new Statler & Waldorf (After Richard's conversion) regarding the modern way people find out what's going on.

GET WITH IT!!!

"Find out what's going on?"

Do me a favour.

The chances of picking out the odd infinitesimal fragment of truth out of the babbling mass of delusional hot air that is the twattosphere are hardly worth considering.

You may as well listen to random blokes in supermarket queues. Oh wait.

If I wanted updates from Twitter, I'd look at my fecking timeline. On Twitter. That I follow myself.

Or perhaps I should start pasting the latest updates from H&V or Vital Villa on here?

Twitter isn't even ITK anymore now Dave Whelan is about.

The FFP will only come into play for Euro competitions!

Yes, and wouldn't a new owner throwing money at the club expect us to be in such competitions? OK I guess you might just find someone who's happy "just to win the league" and can't give two hoots if we are banned from European tournaments, but that would be highly unusual.

My take on the £20-25m is that amount is how much a manager is allowed to commit, not necesarily on transfer fees but if they sign someone for £1m but put them on a 4 year contract at £1m a year, then that's £5m out of the pot, not £1m.

I get the feeling some people are expecting us to spend the entire pot on transfer fees. Then again, my thinking might be wrong (I still look at the £68m on Villa's balance sheet that's going to hit our expenditure over the next few years).

Not expecting miracles from the lad but with a decent transfer budget (£20m plus sales) he could get us back to at least a top 10 finish. Needs to offload the alleged troublemakers and passangers.

If he can keep Given, Bent, Ireland and Nzog and build his team around them I can see some exciting times ahead.

Can we have one link about the "troublemakers", please. What happend? :|

here

and here

probably more but can't be arsed to search.

Chelsea don't care about FFP it seems.. I doubt City will either.

Will they ban these two clubs (and potentially others)? I don't see it.

I don't either, Man City effectively sponsoring themselves has found a loophole. Whats stopping the owner giving a gift, its such a shoddy rule it's untrue.

If I wanted updates from Twitter, I'd look at my fecking timeline. On Twitter. That I follow myself.

You were asking me to specifically post from twitter yesterday, Pilchard! Shall I find your post?

Every news outlet on the planet now tweets! Yes most of it is rolex but if you wanna find out FIRST about stuff then you know where to look!

eg Fukushima, death of Amie Winehouse

James Nursey ‏@JamesNursey

If there is a specific star Lambo badly wants for #AVFC, told Lerner would raid his personal piggy bank but ideally wants PL to wheel & deal

Yeah 'cos wheeling and dealing get's you right up the old Premier League. More money = more success :oops:

JulieB, please keep posting twitter updates. I.e. I do not have a time to seek all the sources to follow them. Last night I was not able to find INCOGNITO AVFC on twitter to follow him/her/it :)

Thanks