Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on a minute.

Our guys doing the deals are Paul Faulkner and Randy Lerner..

Paul and Lerner..

P and L...

PAUL LAMBERT! It's fate I tells ya. Can't believe I never saw it before.

I can say with confidence that Frank Lampard will, in a shock move no one save me saw coming, in fact be our manager next season.

When can we expect an announcement from AVFC then ;) ?

The ginger one has spoken outside BMH..

Pete Colley.

Villa WILL get there man...and he is Villa's NO 1 choice

Wanted to deliberately squash rumours yesterday that they were in anyway talking to Martinez also after news he wasn't going to Liverpool......which I particularly smiled about!

Pete Colley.

But why go through all the trouble with OGS if Lambert was first-choice all the while? I don't get it.

Pete Colley.

But why go through all the trouble with OGS if Lambert was first-choice all the while? I don't get it.

What trouble? They wanted to talk to him, he was a highly thought of manager who was a candidate, they got him in ASAP to have a chat.

It was an informal interview.

The midlands journos have been really on the ball with this.

That's life now... people tweet, they text..they email... they PM on message boards they DM on twitter...

In other words ordinary folk who happen to find out snippets of info share it...compare it and then work out what's more than likely going on.

Leaving some journos - the less savvy ones....with their nicely manicured fed "Official sources" ........standing.

Pete Colley.

What trouble? They wanted to talk to him, he was a highly thought of manager who was a candidate, they got him in ASAP to have a chat.

It was an informal interview.

But...but...the plane...

:lol:

Nevermind, here's hoping this doesn't go teeths up at the last minute.

The midlands journos have been really on the ball with this.

That's life now... people tweet, they text..they email... they PM on message boards they DM on twitter...

In other words ordinary folk who happen to find out snippets of info share it...compare it and then work out what's more than likely going on.

Leaving some journos - the less savvy ones....with their nicely manicured fed "Official sources" ........standing.

You make a good point. If the internet wasn`t about the first we hear would be in the newspapers.

Just like the good ole days.

Maybe OGS left such a good impression on AVFC that after speaking to him they would have offered him the job...

however he pulled out because for whatever reasons...Back to plan A dealing with a club that has been messing about over it for weeks.

I'm just surmising about it all....

Norwich statement said "who they'd fought hard to keep"

I hope he doesn't go the way of the lass who genuinely WAS ITK on twitter - because she got so much stick on there she just ceased to use the account!

If its the same one I am thinking about she kept on about talks ongoing to sign Moyes even when McLeish had resigned from Blues and it was becoming obvious where he was going.....

This tweet tells it all.

“ @stephenfry: Farewell Paul. Sorry to see you go, but thank you for everything"

I wondered if he'd say anything, obviously a massive Norwich fan but also a board member.

Pete Colley.

No.1 choice. Of course he is. Definitely he is. He must be. He certainly is.

They're hardly likely to say otherwise??????

This tweet tells it all.

“ @stephenfry: Farewell Paul. Sorry to see you go, but thank you for everything"

I wondered if he'd say anything, obviously a massive Norwich fan but also a board member.

But will he run off abroad and sulk like he did when the theatre critics panned one of his shows?