Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Can I just say hats off to Lerner

I said earlier that he had done 2 of the three things I wanted this summer, now I find that the 3rd is also in place AND HOW!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think expectations will rise when we have made a few transfers and seen the time in action under Lambert.

But for me all i want to see is us compete in matches and give it our all, there is one thing having an eleven that plays competently enough, tries to attack and is maybe let down by the odd player performing badly, bad luck or the realisation that our best wasn't quite good enough.

But under McCleish we never stood a chance as no player knew what they were doing, we played with no confidence and fear and only seemed to have about 15 mins a game where we tried, he made a team of average to reasonable players look poor. We couldn't defend set pieces, score from set pieces, attack creatively or keep possession. Ok so maybe he inherited a few of those problems.

I said earlier that he had done 2 of the three things I wanted this summer, now I find that the 3rd is also in place AND HOW!

Maybe you should put out a few more details so others can share in the information?

This thread well worth a read...

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2733606/ShowPost.aspx#2733606

In summary..

...typical dour Scotsman in interviews with clichéd stock answers to everything. Poor with the media.

...rotates the players a lot and changes tactics and formations upto 6 times per match (how will the Holte react?)

..no experience of signing big players.

Maybe they are just bitter but there are some genuine causes for concern for me.

So here are the tweets from that guy don't know whether its true or not but here you go:

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(1/6) Aston Villa are refusing to pay any compensation to Norwich for Paul Lambert.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(2/6) They feel that they are in a very strong position due to Paul Lambert’s resignation, however as expected Norwich want some money.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(3/6) Paul Lambert will still be the new Villa manager, however the announcement may now be delayed.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(4/6) The extent of this delay depends on how quickly the issue is resolved and how willing Villa are to pay some compensation

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(5/6) Therefore reports that the deal could be announced tomorrow sound wide of the mark.

BTS ‏@Beninho_10

(6/6) As are reports like those in the Mail which state compensation “should be agreed swiftly”

Tbh I wanted the deal to be done tomorrow but supposedly now it isn't going to be...

Hhmmm Richards 3 things... My guess...

1. Sack McLeish

2. Get Paul Lambert.

3. Get investment from elsewhere/sell the club? :lol::lol:

How close was that Richard?

The third was that Lambert would be backed. Now for Richard to be positive AND praise Lerner it would indicate that Lambert is probably going to be given a massive war-chest.

They would say that now! Before he was their O'Neill! Just hope we do a deal with their backroom!
Don't think that's very fair on Lambert. Lambert worked wonders with Norwich and did it with hardly anything to spend. They massively over-achieved with him. Not very O'Neill-like. :P

Maybe you should put out a few more details so others can share in the information?

He said earlier, get rid of AM, appoint PL, reinvest in the squad.

Someone let Richard know his account has been hacked by someone overly excited

She's replied to me. Basis of her claim is that they sounded out other managers. 1+1=459.75432. Now that is rubbish journalism for you.

we did sound out other managers though, i saw it on the world wide whelan

:lol:

I really hope Wigan go down next season, I'm not sure who this. Big club that Martinez is holding out for but it's never going to come knocking!

Heard Whelen gloating earlier that they'd kept hold of him etc etc.