Agbonlahor named captain.

PompeyVillan

He's technically much better than Vassell, the only problem for Gabby is that he's not had a set role for a prolonged period. Played wide either right or left when Bent was in the team, lead the line when he was out(much improved from Gab IMO). Now he's been asked to partner Weimann in a 442, something he hasn't done for 2/3 years.

Under a better manager who could give him clear concise role and instructions, Gabby would be awesome. Besides people seem to forget that his form always drops off after January.

I think it's excuses personally

He's technically much better than Vassell, the only problem for Gabby is that he's not had a set role for a prolonged period. Played wide either right or left when Bent was in the team, lead the line when he was out(much improved from Gab IMO). Now he's been asked to partner Weimann in a 442, something he hasn't done for 2/3 years.

Under a better manager who could give him clear concise role and instructions, Gabby would be awesome. Besides people seem to forget that his form always drops off after January.

Its funny how all the good players rarely get played out of position.

players get played out of position because managers want them in the team for one or two attributes but don't play them in the position they want because they are ineffectve, when they get in it. .....its a parodox.

If you played van persie on the wing he would just come inside and score and prove he should be where he wants to be.

Its all about ascertion, confidence and will to win.

I accept on paper Gabby is one of our better players.... but in analysis he simply drifts through games in terms of effectiveness.... He works hard, but he needs to turn that hard work in to effect.

there have been many players over the years at Villa that just slip under the radar, get star ratings from the fans.... but in reality they just contribute to us being mediocre.

I think it's excuses personally

Same. I'm sorry but if a cull ever comes then he should be on the list. He can't be trusted not to go on long, retarded runs of not knowing the net from the back row of the upper Holte or the safety of the keeper's warm gloves. He was the same under MON.

The doe eyed sentiment of him loving the Vila needs to look be forgotten - as a club we need to move on from some of the old(er) guard and bring in some fresh, hungry players.

Needs confadance and just hasn't got it at the moment much like all of the squad. Needs a manager who plays attacking football to get anything out of him.

Don't think we should sell. He's got more to give IMO

It seems my fellow villians are finally saying what I have been saying for ages. He is not good enough and needs to be sold. For the past 4 seasons it has been the same story. Play well until November and then stop. Not good enough.

I know for a fact that he wants to leave, so lets get 7 mill and spend the money wisely.

Â