Agbonlahor named captain.

PompeyVillan

Needs a defined role. I have no idea what he is supposed to be doing. Is he a LW, LM or a striker? He roams all over the pitch and just gets into other players way. Gabby had his success years ago when he would stay in the middle of the pitch and that is where he should be stay. No roaming out wide, that is our winger's jobs. We need players in the box or we will never score.

Needs a defined role. I have no idea what he is supposed to be doing. Is he a LW, LM or a striker? He roams all over the pitch and just gets into other players way. Gabby had his success years ago when he would stay in the middle of the pitch and that is where he should be stay. No roaming out wide, that is our winger's jobs. We need players in the box or we will never score.

If we must play with such a huge space between defence, midfield and "attack", combined with the panic reversion to hoofball, then surely it makes sense playing Gabby high up the pitch on the shoulder of the last man so the opposing team can't just push all their players into our half. Attack being a good method of defence and all that...

well he has been poor the last few games but gonna hold back on the critisism because i am hearing a few rumours that he is playing with a injury and mcleish won't rest him?

As for the captaincy i thought he would be alright as captain but i was wrong. You can't name a captain based on him been here the longest. He doesn't have the leadership quality's to be a captain i'm afraid.

Not sure where everyone gets the loyalty rubbish from?

Hes looked the most disinterested person at villa park for some time.

Awful! Was embarrased watching him yesterday.

+1 +1 +1

Definitely playing his worst football EVER and looks like he does not give a damn at the moment !

Form not good enough, but so is a lot of our other players. Not suited to formations McLeish plays. He's either alone by himself up front getting no service, or he's shifted out on the left which I hate as I believe he is definitely not a winger. And when he is shifted out on left it is usually when the team is defending....which is alot

Form not good enough, but so is a lot of our other players. Not suited to formations McLeish plays. He's either alone by himself up front getting no service, or he's shifted out on the left which I hate as I believe he is definitely not a winger. And when he is shifted out on left it is usually when the team is defending....which is alot

This

He is no super star though

Â