Agbonlahor named captain.

PompeyVillan

Going back to what I said a couple of pages back, yesterday highlighted how much I don't see him as captain material. One example stood out. When Warnock was down injured and the stretcher came on (I know he didn't need it), Gabby didn't go over to see how he was. A captain should be doing this.

As poor as Gabby has been recently, I would be truly gutted if he left, more so than when any of our top players of recent years.

At the start of the season, I was predicting a call up for the Euro's. Seems laughable now. :oops:

Whether or not he's been tapped up (no proof in this) or his head is already at the Stadium of Light (no substantial preoccupation of this either) he should be doing better than he is currently. Hopefully a goal against Man United could kick a boost in confidence.

Everytime I see we've scored I pray it's him that's got it because he need a goal more than anyone. Yet a goal for Gabby looks so far away right now!

21 games have passed since he last scored a league goal. He was fit for I think 16 of them.

As much as I love Gabby, that's appalling. If Bent went that long without scoring he'd be hauled over the coals for it. Collins should be captain.

Gone from the best player in our team first half of the season to the worst in the second half.

21 games have passed since he last scored a league goal. He was fit for I think 16 of them.

As much as I love Gabby, that's appalling. If Bent went that long without scoring he'd be hauled over the coals for it. Collins should be captain.

Gone from the best player in our team first half of the season to the worst in the second half.

Wow is that true? :shock:

His finish or rather lack of it when he was through one on one and the keeper rushed out was horrific. For me, over McLeish's tactics, the shit reffing and Rory Delap, this was by far the biggest annoyance and let down of the day. There is just no excuse for that effort.

I dont believe his head is elsewhere I just think he is devoid of any confidence and McLeish does have a large part to play in that.

The bit that I don't get is why does Gabby tail off at the end of EVERY season??? It happened under MON, Houllier and now McLeish. I am not going to blame McLeish for Gabby's lack of form as he seems to do it every year.

I think he is mentally lazy.

Gabby can jog on in the Summer surely he is on 60k plus a week and looks so disinterested and has been gash for months now. If the rumours MON wants him up north I will drive him there, not worth his place atm, I would rather have Weimann instead. If Gabby would show a bit of passion and not fail miserably ever week I could put up with him, but his displays bar a purple patch this year have been shite. Ship him out and save the club a fortune and bring in some hungry players that want to play for us.

f he did go you could bet he'd hit a purple patch and you'd have the mackems raving about him. But then he'd slip back into his usual inconsistent self and then you'd have us lot saying 'told you so'.

Loyal servant, but he's never going to be beter than this.

I just think Gabby really needed to have a big season for Villa this season, and sadly it hasn't happened.

It's time for him to move on, in his interest and ours, to give him a chance of a new start and to give us some cash to buy a new forward or attacking midfielder.

Gabby was undoubtedly poor yesterday, but he had only had one sniff all game. I don't agree that he didn't put the effort in though.

He only didnt have a many sniffs because he didn't move. He didnt close down defenders to help the rest of the team. Weimann did. I can accept a player having a poor game, but the very least he needs to do is put the effort in to help the rest of the team. Gabby didn't.

I think it's a fitness issue for me - perhaps is back is giving him jip?

Last season, for the most part, he struggled in the same kind of way. If our squad wasn't so threadbare at the moment, I'd rest him on the bench and use him as a in Impact sub towards the 60-70 min mark.

We shouldn't forget that out of our 7 wins this season, Gabby single-handedly won us 3 of them. And that is no exageration.

It really is but if it wasnt - Big Wow!!!

Been absolutely pants for 2 years - lost without Martin O'Neill.

We shouldn't forget that out of our 7 wins this season, Gabby single-handedly won us 3 of them. And that is no exageration.

No player wins a game single handedly. Messi is only as good as he is because Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Fabregas work him enough space to produce the quality. It is the same for Gabby.

All I am saying is Gabby cannot continue to play brilliantly for the first 3 months of the season and then turn garbage after. He does it every season. TUS stat from earlier astounds me.

There is a saying especially in American sports: "What have you done for me lately?" The answer for Gabby is, not an awful lot.

It really is

3-1 vs Blackburn - 1 goal 1 assist

2-0 vs Wigan - 1 goal 1 assist

3-2 vs Norwich - 1 goal 1 assist

The goals in the first two were brilliant, and so were all of the assists.

Â