Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

They're just an expensive Arsenal. Pretty tippy tappy football with quick movement on and off the ball but more often than not no end product. Struggle against teams with strong defences or those looking to "park the bus" as such. They'll probably get CL but they won't get very far in it.

To be honest, they were battering us and we didn't buckle, so figgerent to a few weeks ago where they battered us and we bent over and took it.

I think Dzeko was absolutely terrible against us. Really shit. Was bullied by Dunne and Collins and failed to make any impact on the game at all. Tevez was the same mind, I think it was just our night.

Once he gets used to the physical side of the league he will get better, has the look of Berbatov to him.

I posted this in another thread yesterday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/22/edin-dzeko-darren-bent-transfer

Looks like Darren proved everyone wrong and as we saw today it was Dzeko people should be asking questions about, not Bent.

They're two completely different players and shouldn't even be compared. Bent is your archetypal poacher. It's how he's got so many goals in his career, by simply being in the right place at the right time. It's that sort of player you were missing though, and tbh a lot of it is down to him knowing where the ball's going to go if it is spilled which helps.

Fair play to you on your win. In the first half we didn't get out of 1st gear and really we were far too narrow. Dzeko was getting no service and Tevez had to drop back to get hold of the ball. We were only starting to get it into the box on a regular basis when Adam Johnson came on. I thought our MOTM was Kolarov though, thought he was excellent going forward and he's showing signs of settling now. Even the biggest Villa fan would admit you rode your luck a bit yesterday. I mean, when De Jong hits the post you just know it's not your day. Thought Barry was poor though, he always bottles it when he goes back to your place. Feel Milner is a much better starting option than him, much better.

Don't mind Villa so good luck for your season

Congrats on your win, shitty as it feels for me.

You deserved it. We made too many errors and couldn't get past your stingy defence.

I think you will make it to the top half this year with Bent and Makoun.

Thanks for the kind words (and the other City supporters who have wished us well) - all the best for the rest of the season.

Do you think its the wrong time to be blooding Dzeko? I mean you could tell he has class with his touch with both feet and moment, but he still has to adapt to the Premier League, i think he should be on the bench for a few games first.

Other than that, City were decent, just too narrow until Johnson came on.

Â