Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

I don't care too much about the redscouse/redmanc situation, I'm not enamoured with their clubs but at least they made their name when football had a bit of prestige. In my opinion Chelsea winning it was bad enough, but Citeh would basically ruin any romantic notions anyone had left about the premier league. It's about what money can buy you rather than anything else now. It's about what manager can outspend another rather than the man who could mould a team in his own image and go out onto the pitch with his tactics and with his motivation. It's about how much you are willing to pay a celebrity who is decent enough at kicking a ball about to wear your kit. It's about expanding into foreign markets with exclusive television deals rather than catering for the fans at home with decent priced tickets and a better matchday experience. It's a buisness now, we are the consumers and I find it hard to use the word 'fan' anymore when describing those that follow the game at this level.

They'll win the league sooner rather than later, but when they do, I for one won't be applauding their achievement.

The title race is by far the most boring thing about the Premier League IMO. Every year I couldn't care less who wins the league. It's just not competitive enough and when it is, it is down to a club spending an absolute fortune. The 5 clubs with the biggest budgets are in the top 5. Boring!

Teams like Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn, Everton.... teams actually being competitive is actually what makes the league IMO. It pisses me off how the fools on MOTD only ever talk about the title race.

I don't really see all the anti-Man City stuff here, because we all know they will win it, just a matter of time. I think that in a way must be a very hollow victory when they do come round to win it as they will have known that they just bought it. A bit like a kid finding his Christmas present before Christmas so he's ruined the surprise on Christmas day, it's not just as good knowing what the present is. Citeh fans may deny that, but I think deep down, they all think that.

Although, I think Manchester United have won it already. No other team looks as strong as them.

Dzeko in. £27m fee, four and a half year contract. Signed too late for the FA cup game, so he will probably make his debut against Wolves next week.

Good stuff. Let's hope he fires the goals to bring them the title and rub all the red-noses (scouse/manc/cockney) in the dirt

Bollocks to that... Other than small heath, I hate this club right now more than any other club I've ever hated at any time in my life.

I don't care who wins the title this year or any other, absolutely any other team apart from these undeserving wankstains deserve to win our football league.

I agree with that.

To be honest, any team that 'buys' the league will receive such reactions.

My wish for Man City to win are threefold:

1. We can't.

2. It is the billy big bollocks 'big' clubs, Liverpool, Manure and Arsenal that ruined competitive football in this country by pushing for the Super League which is now the Premier League. Any chance to rub their collective noses in it must be taken.

3. In over 40 years of watching football, home and away, Man City supporters are undoubtedly the best humoured and most genuine that I have met. Sure they will have there section of nutters, but sit down and have a beer with any of the majority before or after the match and you will have a decent chat with reasonable football person. I imagine that many of those that I have encountered over the years, while enjoying their current situation, are probably quite embarrassed at the same time.

3. In over 40 years of watching football, home and away, Man City supporters are undoubtedly the best humoured and most genuine that I have met. Sure they will have there section of nutters, but sit down and have a beer with any of the majority before or after the match and you will have a decent chat with reasonable football person. I imagine that many of those that I have encountered over the years, while enjoying their current situation, are probably quite embarrassed at the same time.
I agree, at one time they were, but they have changed a lot since the takeover of their club.

Ballotelli claiming they have a better attack than Barca and Madrid. They don't, but it aint half bad.

On top form I'd pick

-----------------------Hart-------------------------

Boateng------Toure-------Kompany------Kolarov

-----------De Jong-----------Toure----------------

----------------------Silva-----------------------

-----Ballotelli-------Dzeko-------Tevez-----------

Probably the only team in the world that could play a front three like that! ain't half bad at all.

Balotelli is a **** bellend, overated tosser who says in an interview he's going back to Milan next season and is only at City for one more season. He got the softest hat trick against us I have ever seen, he did **** all else apart from that and he wears the same hat a giant would wear as a glove. What a prized cnut!

He doesn't seem like such a clearing in the woods when you read the whole interview. It's obvious quite a bit of what he said was tongue-in-cheek WUMing.

So how is life in Manchester?

I live right in the centre, in a modern building, with a splendid view. One day my brother Giovanni was in the street, he looked up and said to his girlfriend: 'How nice, Cami, look, they're doing fireworks in Manchester...' but it was me, shooting them off from the ninth floor.

Your neighbours must love that...

You must be joking, they adore me. When I score, they stick little congratulatory notes under my door. At Christmas, they presented me with bottles of wine. But I do not drink.

Did you get Christmas wishes from Jose Mourinho?

I sent them to him, but he didn't answer. He is the world's best coach, but as a man he still has to learn manners and respect.

Silvio Berlusconi has said that Antonio Cassano is the best talent...

He's mistaken, or he doesn't know Balotelli. :lol:

Balotelli-Ibrahimovic-Cassano at Milan, ever thought about it?

It's still early. For this year and one more I'll stay at City, where I feel benissimo, extremely well. And then, think about this one: Balotelli-Tevez-Dzeko. Is it not good enough? Can you see anything better than this in the world? Me neither, not even at Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Do you get on with Mancini?

He's the most important coach I've ever had. Soon he'll be No 1 in the world. But already now, in terms of human qualities, he is 2km ahead of Mourinho, wait, make that 10km. He keeps saying to me: 'When I joined Sampdoria from Bologna I already felt I was the best of all. Then I realised how hard I had to work to improve.' I've got the message.

Who has been the biggest surprise for you at City?

Adam Johnson. I did not know him before. He has great technique.

Who is the funniest at City?

Yaya Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor. If I wear some strange shoes, they stick them onto the ceiling of the dressing room with sellotape. :lol:

Who has helped you the most?

Many of them, but Patrick Vieira and Aleksandar Kolarov most of all. At Christmas, they invited me to their houses, but in the end I managed to spend Christmas Day with my mother, who arrived that day after they had cancelled her flight because of the snow.

Is Tevez as nasty as they portray him in the English media?

What? Do me a favour... He's as good as they come.

Who is the strongest player in the Premier League?

Didier Drogba.

What about Rooney?

He's good, but not the best in Manchester.

Who is the strongest defender?

Nemanja Vidic.

Do the United fans insult you?

No, they stop me in the street and tell me: 'Mario, come to United.' :lol: Honestly. But I'm dreaming of beating United, because I know how much this means to our fans, they are splendid with me. I had such goosebumps when they sang my name after my hat-trick.

Are English defences better than Italian ones?

The Italians, they are tactically stronger. In England it is easier to score.

Have you experienced racist boos in England?

No, they only insult me as an opponent. It has happened to me in Liverpool. I was with some Italian friends, there was an argument with some Liverpool fans.

Do you get Italian friends coming to visit you in Manchester?

Yes, the other day they placed a live lobster in my car. God, did I jump. :lol:

How's your English?

Good. I watch movies in English with subtitles on, and learn the sentences. When Charlie talks to us, I understand him more than my journalist sister.

Who is Charlie?

He's an Indian from Kashmir who takes me around and helps me a lot. Then there's Curtis, another driver, who knows everybody in Manchester. At City, I've found a lot of extremely kind people. Also Sheikh Mansour, the owner. Mancini is lucky. He has an owner who speaks little, and only asks him: 'What do you need?'

What does Mancini say about your English?

He can't say anything. His English stinks. But it is improving.

Were you really sad and depressed?

Sometimes I just had no wish to do anything at all, I'd shut myself inside my flat.

Now it looks much better, at least judging from stories about you and Big Brother's Sophie Reade...

Rubbish. English football is as advanced in the stadia as it is backward in the press. Football and tits are mixed up in the tabloids. :lol: If a girl says, 'I am the girlfriend of that footballer', they all think it's true. Anything goes, and you cannot defend yourself.

Luigi Garlando

The whole interview is quite entertaining. He seems like a really entertaining bloke.

He annoyed the hell out of me at first, but you get used to him. He has a tendency to be brutally honest when not WUMing, both of which makes him a more interesting personality than the others who give the pre-formulated boring answers and pretend badge-kissing.

**** jeb ends at the front of the holte, someone got hit as well.

i saw that, **** idiots singing wheres your barry gone, obviously got a bit of attention from the villa, started puffing their chests out, bottles thrown, lad ducked and weaved across the steps snuck up on them then smacked a bloke, then ran up the stairs, that bloke followed him up and started gobbing off at the top about taking 20k fans to away games, promptly got told to **** off and went back down the stairs with his tail between his legs

**** muppet

Â