Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hate Stoke but I hate City so much more so I'll definitely be cheering on Stoke.

I don't like Stoke, there is nothing to like about them but I can respect them and what they have achieved even if I don't like it. I can't say the same for City.

I hope City win, I really do.

I work with the single most insufferable Stoke fan in the world, he believes they are better than Barca (who are "boring" in comparison), spends every second I see him regaling me with the most tedious Stoke trivia and stories of how tough it's been working their way to the Premiership (which of course he knows all about considering he only started supporting them after that promotion).

20 - 0 to Citeh please, or I'm going to have to spunk 5 days holiday to get next week off.

I hope City win, I really do.

I work with the single most insufferable Stoke fan in the world, he believes they are better than Barca (who are "boring" in comparison), spends every second I see him regaling me with the most tedious Stoke trivia and stories of how tough it's been working their way to the Premiership (which of course he knows all about considering he only started supporting them after that promotion).

20 - 0 to Citeh please, or I'm going to have to spunk 5 days holiday to get next week off.

Does he, by any chance, have a personalised S7OKE no. plate? There is a bloke like this in Fairfield, Bromsgrove. He lives next door to my Nan.

Looks like Barry made a real smart move leaving :lol:

Indeed.

zjsGJ.png

The first ten pages of this thread are hilarious. Apparently, Tevez is overrated, Mancini will drop Barry and then get sacked at the end of last season.

Ok, I'm finished now, after the stick we got here, it had to be done :)

Looks like Barry made a real smart move leaving :lol:

Indeed.

zjsGJ.png

The first ten pages of this thread are hilarious. Apparently, Tevez is overrated, Mancini will drop Barry and then get sacked at the end of last season.

Ok, I'm finished now, after the stick we got here, it had to be done :)

Chubby as ever i see.

Barry said he left for champions league football mate, you werent anywhere near it at that point and when you sign 4 or 5 massively overpaid central midfield stars will barry be starting in the champions league? I doubt it. Congratz to city for getting into the champions league but nobody really bats an eye lid because with the amount spent and the players its the minimum you'd expect.

Lets be honest Damocles. [presuming Damocles is a Citeh fan] The media and your own fans would have had Mancini's head at one point and still think he's negative. Your fans lambast Barry every time he plays. I can only presume it was SGC who said Tevez was overrated as obviously he's a quality striker... but the other two points are right.

What I really didn't like about City after they won the cup was that in the interviews the players had they just said "Yeah we're going to spend loads this summer and become really good and FA Cup is just the start".

I just thought it was wrong.

Although I am starting to really like Balotelli. :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/12/manchester-city-bluffers-guide

Manchester City embarrassed as fan Bluffer's Guide is ridiculed online

* Daniel Taylor

* guardian.co.uk, Thursday 12 May 2011 23.47 BST

* Article history

Yaya Touré and Edin Dzeko of Manchester City. New fans be warned: these are two different players.

Manchester City have apologised to their own fans after being inundated with complaints about an official club guide for "new supporters" – commonly known as "glory-hunters" in the parlance of the sport – who plan to follow the club now they have reached the Champions League qualifying stage and are challenging for trophies.

The Bluffer's Guide to MCFC was published on the club's official website after Roberto Mancini's team confirmed a top-four Premier League finish because "success means we'll be welcoming a new generation of City fans from here in England and all over the globe".

The guide offers basic facts about the club – "If asked where we play our football, it's the City of Manchester Stadium" – on the basis that "Champions League qualification and the FA Cup final will mean hundreds of thousands of people will adopt the Blues as their chosen side".

It is "a guide to help 'newbies' bluff your way through the televised games". It explains how to celebrate goals with the 'Poznan' dance, the meaning of Blue Moon, the club's anthem, and other pointers such as "this is our first FA Cup final since 1981, so don't try to bluff your way through historical facts. The last trophy we won was in 1976 so, again, get this right or you'll arouse suspicion."

The guide advises: "If you are asked who your favourite players are from down the years – your credibility is at stake here – don't say Francis Bell, Colin Summerbee and Yaya Dzeko. Though these names exist, they are combinations. Have a good scan over the club website and check out who the current favourites are and who the club legends are, and take notes!"

As opposition supporters spread it across the internet, many questioning whether it was a spoof, City have been overwhelmed by the hostile reaction from their own fans, leading to the club's head of digital, Richard Ayers, offering an apologetic explanation on the website.

"'Cringeworthy' seems to be the main complaint on Twitter and I apologise to the hardcore fans for the misunderstanding," he said. "I'd have thought it pretty obvious, but this wasn't an article meant for you and it wasn't meant to be patronising.

"We've been getting more people coming to our website, showing an interest in the club's community and atmosphere, as well as [the] players and the performance on pitch, and these are the people we were trying to help ... people from overseas who weren't brought up on football or who don't know the full story.

"However, it's clear from the reaction that there are some loyal supporters who feel very passionately and we try hard to listen to the fans." The club, however, have decided to keep the article online at a time when the chief executive, Garry Cook, is open about his plans to turn City into a "global brand".

Ayers said he had the idea for the guide because he was relatively new to City himself. "It was hardly a genuine attempt to help people pretend to be fans – more an explanation to help those who might wonder what on earth the 'Poznan' was if they see it on global coverage of the FA Cup.

"I don't know much of the history, and I want to know more. More importantly, I thought there would be other people out there who might want to know more, too. And so the bluffer's guide was made. The tone was intentionally light-hearted, a bit tongue-in-cheek, open and welcoming. It was relying on the Mancunian sense of humour but clearly some people didn't take it that way."

Â