Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think its the wrong time to be blooding Dzeko? I mean you could tell he has class with his touch with both feet and moment, but he still has to adapt to the Premier League, i think he should be on the bench for a few games first.

Other than that, City were decent, just too narrow until Johnson came on.

Nah, not really. I think the best way to adapt is to start the matches. In my opinion he just needs a goal to get going and then we'll see how good he really is. For that reason I'd keep him in for the FA Cup game at Notts County next week. I think Mancini will keep him in too, the team he played against Leicester both in the original and replay show he's really taking it seriously.

I posted this in another thread yesterday.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/22/edin-dzeko-darren-bent-transfer

Looks like Darren proved everyone wrong and as we saw today it was Dzeko people should be asking questions about, not Bent.

They're two completely different players and shouldn't even be compared. Bent is your archetypal poacher. It's how he's got so many goals in his career, by simply being in the right place at the right time. It's that sort of player you were missing though, and tbh a lot of it is down to him knowing where the ball's going to go if it is spilled which helps.

Fair play to you on your win. In the first half we didn't get out of 1st gear and really we were far too narrow. Dzeko was getting no service and Tevez had to drop back to get hold of the ball. We were only starting to get it into the box on a regular basis when Adam Johnson came on. I thought our MOTM was Kolarov though, thought he was excellent going forward and he's showing signs of settling now. Even the biggest Villa fan would admit you rode your luck a bit yesterday. I mean, when De Jong hits the post you just know it's not your day. Thought Barry was poor though, he always bottles it when he goes back to your place. Feel Milner is a much better starting option than him, much better.

Don't mind Villa so good luck for your season

Absolutely this.

Tevez looked distinctly unhappy having to go deep and I'm glad Johnson never played from the off because he was tearing strips off us. At first I thought Dzeko looks a bit ungainly, but he'll be dangerous when he settles in. Milner? Can we have him back please?

It was'nt a classic Villa performance, but it was one born out of necessity. There was a lot of heart in our side last night, particularly from the likes of Petrov and Collins.....we might need a bit more to get us back up to safety. Hopefully, with Bents instinct for a goal, we've at least managed to turn a corner.

I think the problem City will find is trying to fit their main attackers into the team. Who's going to be the odd one out? Balo, Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Barry, Yaya, De Jong?

Last night there was absoloutely no width on the left at all, Tevez was coming inside far too often - which in turn bought Cuellar inside - and it made it even more difficult for them to break through. It really is quite strange as to why Johnson doesn't get more of a chance, Mancini is killing the future of English football with the way he's handling Jimmy and Johnson!

I think the problem City will find is trying to fit their main attackers into the team. Who's going to be the odd one out? Balo, Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Barry, Yaya, De Jong?

Last night there was absoloutely no width on the left at all, Tevez was coming inside far too often - which in turn bought Cuellar inside - and it made it even more difficult for them to break through. It really is quite strange as to why Johnson doesn't get more of a chance, Mancini is killing the future of English football with the way he's handling Jimmy and Johnson!

Therein lies the problem. I can't see how we're going to get a settled midfield and strikeforce at the moment. Dzeko and Tevez will start but that leaves us a selection crisis for the other 4 and how we're going to play. I think on merit it will be De Jong, Yaya, Silva and Milner. But except for Barry that was the way we lined up yesterday. Like this:

-----------De Jong-------------

-------Yaya-----Barry---------

------------Silva----------------

-------Dzeko---Tevez----------

^ that gave us very little in the way of width. I think the way it needs to work is to revert back to 4-3-3 but push Tevez and Silva wide. At least that way we will get some balls into the box for Dzeko to get his head to. That said, I don't know how Tevez would react to being played on the wing. As I say though, Milner in for Barry. Quicker, better on the ball and a better pass on him.

As for Adam Johnson, I think he's quality. I have noticed though that he tends to go missing a fair bit when he starts. I think Mancini's realised he works better as an impact player when coming on against tired legs.

Do you think its the wrong time to be blooding Dzeko? I mean you could tell he has class with his touch with both feet and moment, but he still has to adapt to the Premier League, i think he should be on the bench for a few games first.

Nah, not really. I think the best way to adapt is to start the matches. In my opinion he just needs a goal to get going and then we'll see how good he really is. For that reason I'd keep him in for the FA Cup game at Notts County next week. I think Mancini will keep him in too, the team he played against Leicester both in the original and replay show he's really taking it seriously.

It was more to do with 6 wins in the last 8 in the premier league, you has essentially pushed yourselfs into challenging for the title. I always remember signing Cascarino **** up our team pushing for a title and Heskey **** up our Champions League push a few years ago.

It dose seem City buy players for the sake of it.

It was more to do with 6 wins in the last 8 in the premier league, you has essentially pushed yourselfs into challenging for the title. I always remember signing Cascarino **** up our team pushing for a title and Heskey **** up our Champions League push a few years ago.

It dose seem City buy players for the sake of it.

Disagree to be honest mate. We were certainly lacking someone good in the air, a focal point for our attacks. Tevez is quality but all too often he drifts into midfield leaving nobody forward. Dzeko will spearhead the attack once he settles and Tevez will benefit from it, because a lot of teams will heavily man mark Dzeko leaving Tevez the space to operate. That however depends on the service. That's the real problem we need to sort out. The strikers don't get any service, they ain't gonna score. Yesterday proved that. I think more than anything it was teething problems from a new system which should be sorted within a few weeks.

i just want milner back. its such a waste of a talent. it seems city bought him purely to hinder the villa...and it worked he went, MON went we went down the league table..... if he wins anything at city it will be meaningless for him as he will not have contributed unlike at villa where he was the man in the middle and also the england star. he couldnt put a foot wrong lat year...and all for a couple more quid. i can see why barry moved to city but milners was all wrong. for him for villa dn for city. his career has really gone backwards.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jan/22/edin-dzeko-darren-bent-transfer

Looks like Darren proved everyone wrong and as we saw today it was Dzeko people should be asking questions about, not Bent.

Ah Louise Taylor, the Guardian journo who wrote a glowing reference of Qatar's World cup bid after taking a visit there but strangely left out the fact that the Qatari government paid for it all.

Karren Brady has more integrity

I think he could cost them a few points this season. He looks very much like he needs easing in gradually. Definitely a quality player, but he looks to have a lot of adjusting to do.

(He'll go and score a perfect hat trick every game for the rest of the season now I've said that)

Therein lies the problem. I can't see how we're going to get a settled midfield and strikeforce at the moment. Dzeko and Tevez will start but that leaves us a selection crisis for the other 4 and how we're going to play. I think on merit it will be De Jong, Yaya, Silva and Milner. But except for Barry that was the way we lined up yesterday. Like this:

-----------De Jong-------------

-------Yaya-----Barry---------

------------Silva----------------

-------Dzeko---Tevez----------

^ that gave us very little in the way of width. I think the way it needs to work is to revert back to 4-3-3 but push Tevez and Silva wide. At least that way we will get some balls into the box for Dzeko to get his head to. That said, I don't know how Tevez would react to being played on the wing. As I say though, Milner in for Barry. Quicker, better on the ball and a better pass on him.

As for Adam Johnson, I think he's quality. I have noticed though that he tends to go missing a fair bit when he starts. I think Mancini's realised he works better as an impact player when coming on against tired legs.

I think Yaya should be first name on the teamsheet where midfield is involved. I think he's immense.

Don't think Barry should be getting near your first team these days to be honest.

Ah Louise Taylor, the Guardian journo who wrote a glowing reference of Qatar's World cup bid after taking a visit there but strangely left out the fact that the Qatari government paid for it all.

Least it wasn't to Belarus, else she'd be up for a [beatrice] Webby...

Found on Bluemoon

mate im not a hooligan at all but after getin train from aston i ended up singingin 'goin down my lord goin down villa goin down' then this villa fan came up to me n said shut so i told him **** off n he said he was gunna stab me lol so i ignored him and he kept kickin off so i ended up chuckin a fence at him n he still give it so i asked him to come down a side street n fukin av it with me n he fukin done one so i shouted fuk off u brummie word removed then the next word removed comes along so i had lost it by then lol

OH DEAR

Â