Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

If they win the league this season, I'm going to be sick down myself, smash my Sky box up, and forget football ever existed.

Can I just ask, did you do that when Chelsea first won it? Or when United won it after spending £30m+ on Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Veron and the like over the years? It's only what every other club (bar maybe Arsenal to that extent) has done to win the league.

City are more comparable to Blackburn, when they won it. Obviously with Chelsea it was frustrating, but they had been a top club for a few years before Abramovich, so it isn't as bad. But the idea of a mid table club, that really isn't a big club (compared to the usual title contenders) coming along and buying success is something that is difficult to swallow and it does have a damaging effect on the way people view the game. The reason that people say City are ruining football, is because it seems wrong that a club can come from nowhere and just buy their way to success with money they haven't earned.

As a Spurs fan it annoys me, as it makes a mockery of all the hard work we've done since 2003. We totally restructured the club and rebuilt our entire squad. It has taken years as we did it all through money generated via the plc. This is essentially the board doing an excellent job with the money they get from the fans pockets. City have done nothing like this. We've had to work so hard to fight for a CL spot and if it wasn't got City we'd probably be top 4 regulars for a few years. It's totally disheartenting and kind of makes you wonder what the point is.

Unless Villa get a sugar daddy, their only hope is to look at a club like Spurs and see it is possible with hard work and a good strategy from the board. But with City buying their was to success with money simply given to them, what hope do the likes of Villa have?

Man Utd can't be compared to City, as their board don't help their spending but hinder it. Without the debt they have, Man Utd could easily spend £100 million a year transfers and this is a result of many years of hard work building up the Man Utd brand. They've built up a fanbase all over the world, that provide them with funds. Man City have been given the money. It's like asking people to respect a lottery winners financial achievements as much as those of a self made man.

Yes, yes he is very good. If he's on his way though, that means you'll have a silly amount of strikers fighting it out for essentially one position (taking in account that if Tevez is Captain and will start more often than not). Got a job on your hands getting rid of those strikers sitting around on silly wages.

Dzeko is the perfect signing for them unfortunately, all season they've been putting balls into the box and no-one has been there. I believe their only headed goal this season was against us.

With them in a good position already, Dzeko could give them a real chance of winning the title if he settles in well although I think he could affect the role Tevez plays slightly.

Yeah I thought Dzeko really isn't needed. Although he is a beast in the air. Any decent delivery from Milner, Johnson or Silva and it's more than likely a goal.

Although Johnson can't cross and Silva always plays it to feet and tries to jink through lots of players. He doesn't really strike me as a player who will fit in at Citeh, he'd fit in more at Spurs or Man Utd although I suppose Mancini wants a different dimension in Citeh's play.

Dzeko seems a cut above what City have at the moment though, he would start most games in my opinion. He is an out and out finisher, kinda reminds me of Robbie Fowler.

If they win the league this season, I'm going to be sick down myself, smash my Sky box up, and forget football ever existed.

Can I just ask, did you do that when Chelsea first won it? Or when United won it after spending £30m+ on Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Veron and the like over the years? It's only what every other club (bar maybe Arsenal to that extent) has done to win the league.

City are more comparable to Blackburn, when they won it. Obviously with Chelsea it was frustrating, but they had been a top club for a few years before Abramovich, so it isn't as bad. But the idea of a mid table club, that really isn't a big club (compared to the usual title contenders) coming along and buying success is something that is difficult to swallow and it does have a damaging effect on the way people view the game. The reason that people say City are ruining football, is because it seems wrong that a club can come from nowhere and just buy their way to success with money they haven't earned.

As a Spurs fan it annoys me, as it makes a mockery of all the hard work we've done since 2003. We totally restructured the club and rebuilt our entire squad. It has taken years as we did it all through money generated via the plc. This is essentially the board doing an excellent job with the money they get from the fans pockets. City have done nothing like this. We've had to work so hard to fight for a CL spot and if it wasn't got City we'd probably be top 4 regulars for a few years. It's totally disheartenting and kind of makes you wonder what the point is.

Unless Villa get a sugar daddy, their only hope is to look at a club like Spurs and see it is possible with hard work and a good strategy from the board. But with City buying their was to success with money simply given to them, what hope do the likes of Villa have?

Man Utd can't be compared to City, as their board don't help their spending but hinder it. Without the debt they have, Man Utd could easily spend £100 million a year transfers and this is a result of many years of hard work building up the Man Utd brand. They've built up a fanbase all over the world, that provide them with funds. Man City have been given the money. It's like asking people to respect a lottery winners financial achievements as much as those of a self made man.

What's worse is that City are also spending way more money than Chelsea ever did. Chelsea gradually built, almost like what we did since Randy took over but on a much bigger scale of course. City on the other hand seem to buy almost an entire team every summer and the amount they're paying for these players is ridiculous.

Yeah Dzeko is good player but not really an area you need players

Outsiders tend to think we're not short on firepower up front but I think we are. We have:

Tevez - Heavily reliant. May go in summer?

Balotelli - Still adjusting to the PL. Homesick?

Adebayor - Looks like he's off

Santa Cruz - Injured all the time, looks like he's off

Jo - Shit

If you look at our goalscoring record we've only scored one headed goal all season, and that was yesterday. It's evident we need a plan B for teams who come to Eastlands and park the bus a la Everton. From what little I've seen, Dzeko seems to be good in the air and can finish well. Ideal signing.

I'm not on the Dzeko bandwagon like many blues. But I must say after looking at several large strikers over the years, Dzeko is better than almost all of them. His technique is really good, his touch is good, he loves contact, two footed and is great in the air.

Can't say whether he'll settle down immediately. There is no reason I can see that he shouldn't.

If you look at our goalscoring record we've only scored one headed goal all season, and that was yesterday.

So none then

Won't get into that argument, I wasn't sure about it and I'm pretty much level with the goal line at Eastlands. It was counted so it was our first headed 'goal' whether you think it crossed or not.

half time in the ground showed the 1st and 3rd goal from various angles, they didnt for the 2nd said it all to me...

and i agree with whoever said dzeko is going to be like milner, good player but doubt he'll ever justify the huge sum they pay for him

and dragging up the arguement from a few pages back, yes utd and chelsea have both bought the league, but why go to either club? utd were huge and had the history, chelsea had london and the big names from the decade before, what did city have? other than £150k a week? plus the players utd and chelsea signed were moving sideways or upwards by and large, they werent leaving league and european champions to join a team that finished 5th and play europa league, you cant compare city with the other 2 its alot worse IMO

your not allowed show controversial decisions on the tv's or big screens at any ground

cheers for the info on dezko not sure how he'll fit in tbh but adbeyour santa cruz will be off sooner or later so that will leave us with 3 good strikers and jo

and id say tevez be off in the summer aswell

your not allowed show controversial decisions on the tv's or big screens at any ground

yeah i can remember spurs being fined for showing ronaldo diving, worked the other way though because they didnt show it you knew it ws dodgy

defo a dodgy decision but from all the angles i've i still cant confirm if it was over im surprised sky havent been ranting about it all day to get their goal line tec. into the game and im also surprised they havent shown us that goal line camera yet

Â